It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 23:46

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:04  
F1 Driver

Great photos and videos thanks everybody :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:20  
F1 Driver

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/2012/02/1490256/raikkosen-omistushuhu-ammuttiin-alas (in Finnish)
Quote:
Räikkönen's ownership rumors were shot down

06.02.2012 16:00

The Lotus team manager Eric Boullier knocked out at the press conference on Monday rumors that Kimi Raikkonen would have wanted ownership of the team.

- He has no shares. It is a complete nonsense, Boullier said.

- Räikkönen has a two-year driving contract, Boullier outlined the role of Kim.

Räikkönen is not a team owner, and neither is Lotus Cars, even if the team carries it's name. Lotus Cars is a partner and sponsor of the team.

- The team is 100 percent owned by Genii Capital, Boullier explained.

Luxembourgish Genii Capital is an investment company, led by Eric Lux and Gerard Lopez.

Jani Merimaa, Jerez
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:34  
F1 Driver

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/2012/02/1490354/raikkonen-saa-tutun-kisainsinoorin (in Finnish)
Quote:
Raikkonen gets a familiar race engineer

06.02.2012 18:38

Mark Slade will be Kimi Raikkonen's race engineer in Lotus team.

Slade worked with Kimi Raikkonen in McLaren. British Slade is used to work with Finns, for he also worked as Mika Häkkinen's and Heikki Kovalainen's McLaren race engineer.

Slade moves to Lotus from Mercedes team, where he worked last year with Michael Schumacher.

Raikkonen has equal status in Lotus team with Romain Grosjeanin. Kimi confirms to MTV3, that his contract does not guarantee the number one driver status.

- There is no such thing [in contract], says Raikkonen to MTV3's question about a clause of number one driver seat.

Jani Merimaa
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:38  
F1 Routinier

reppo wrote:

thanks reppo :hug:
good news :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:40  
F1 Legend

Kimi fans crashed the website today :(

We'll never post pics of him anymore :P
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:54  

Better than the '0' views some articles got this time last year :O

Now we even have a reporter there :)

Nice to see pictures on the site, love the RB8. STR7 alright. C31 errrr - what? Who the hell thought that livery would look good...

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:58  
F1 Driver

iceman1 wrote:

Oh noooOOOOUUUU Image
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:59  
F1 Routinier

Lotus report: Raikkonen’s pre-test with the E20

http://www.f1zone.net/news/lotus-report ... e20/12030/
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 18:13  
F1 Routinier

Mar's report

http://www.f1zone.net/news/jerez-day-0- ... k-2/12019/

:thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 18:16  
F1 Routinier

iceman1 wrote:

very funny :n
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 18:20  
F1 Driver

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/2012/02/1490282/lotus-loysi-raikkosen-syvajaadytyksesta---katso-sarjakuva (in Finnish)
Quote:
Lotus found Räikkönen from deep frost - see the cartoon!

06.02.2012 16:30

Lotus F1 team found Kimi Räikkönen to be their this year driver from deep frost, at least if we are to believe a comic strip the team published on Monday, handing out press materials.

In the comic an expedition drills Iceman out thick ice mass.

Swiss-Frenchman Romain Grosjean, on the other hand was found to drive the other car from a native African warrior camp.

A cartoon is published in the MTV3 with the approval of Lotus F1 Team

I did not embed the cartoon since it is copyrighted by Lotus. The cartoon is in English. :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 18:34  
F1 Rookie

reppo wrote:
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/2012/02/1490354/raikkonen-saa-tutun-kisainsinoorin (in Finnish)
Quote:
Raikkonen gets a familiar race engineer

06.02.2012 18:38

Mark Slade will be Kimi Raikkonen's race engineer in Lotus team.

Slade worked with Kimi Raikkonen in McLaren. British Slade is used to work with Finns, for he also worked as Mika Häkkinen's and Heikki Kovalainen's McLaren race engineer.

Slade moves to Lotus from Mercedes team, where he worked last year with Michael Schumacher.

Raikkonen has equal status in Lotus team with Romain Grosjeanin. Kimi confirms to MTV3, that his contract does not guarantee the number one driver status.

- There is no such thing [in contract], says Raikkonen to MTV3's question about a clause of number one driver seat.

Jani Merimaa

Yessss! :shhh: :thumbsup: Flag:## Flag:## Flag:##
I like Simon Rennie, but this was one of my secret hopes. I can't believe it came true. Is it official?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 18:40  
F1 Rookie

Kriss wrote:

Thanks for the artickle and pics.
The site crashing just underlines the artickle, apparently the unexpectedly big interest is not an exaggeration

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 18:52  
F1 Routinier

Quote:
BOULLIER: RAIKKONEN FULLY MOTIVATED

Lotus team principal Eric Boullier has been left in no doubt as to Kimi Raikkonen's motivation following his return to Formula One.

Raikkonen's comeback after two years away from the sport, during which time he predominantly competed in the World Rally Championship, has prompted questions about his desire.

The 32-year-old departed Ferrari in 2009 under a cloud, seemingly disillusioned and disenchanted with F1 just two years after becoming world champion.

The belief is Lotus have taken a considerable gamble, not only financially as Raikkonen will not come cheap, but also due to the fact he can blow hot and cold with regard to his temperament and enthusiasm.

But for Boullier, a two-day test last month in which Raikkonen took to a track in Valencia in a two-year-old car to get him up to speed, proved decisive.

On the day Lotus unveiled their new car in Jerez, after opting for an online launch of the E20, Boullier said: "Regarding whether he is motivated, I can answer that in one word - yes.

"He has it, no worries. When we did the test for a couple of days, he showed just how motivated and professional he is. It was a huge boost for the team's own morale and motivation.

"He is a proper racer and fits in well with a team that is a bunch of proper racers. When he is in the car he knows exactly what he wants and that makes the team's life easier.

"It means more ambition and more responsibility, but it is also a different way of working with a world champion. He wants to win again and that's an ambition that we share."

Raikkonen believes it is a misconception that he fell out of love with F1, with Ferrari paying off the final season of his contract in order to pave the way for Fernando Alonso's arrival.

"That was your (the media) opinion," said Raikkonen. "If I hadn't have been having fun then I would have left earlier, but I always said I loved the racing and was very happy to race.

"There were a lot of stories from your side, but I never have had any issues."

Raikkonen can sense the determination within his new team, one that less than six years ago - when known as Renault - clinched back-to-back drivers' and constructors' championships with Alonso.

"The team has a lot of hunger to do well, to return to winning races and championships," Raikkonen said.

"It's obviously not easy, otherwise everybody would do it, but there are people who want to get back there and are putting in the effort after winning it before.

"They have all the tools to do it. It's about getting everything right and hopefully it can happen soon."

The acid test of Lotus' new challenger, which possesses cleaner, smoother lines in contrast to some of the other teams' new cars, comes tomorrow.

Following a number of 'filming day' laps at the Circuito de Jerez, allowed under FIA rules to promote the car, Raikkonen will be behind the wheel on the first day of pre-season testing.

http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/ne ... ml&BID=669
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 18:56  
F1 Routinier

Quote:
Raikkonen sounds just the same as ever
By Alan Baldwin | Reuters – 2 hrs 54 mins agoJEREZ, Spain (Reuters)

Kimi Raikkonen carried out one of his least favourite Formula One duties, answering media questions at a launch event, as if he had never been away on Monday and the Finn's diehard fans will be thankful for that.

The 2007 world champion, making a comeback with Lotus two years after his last appearance for Ferrari, made clear at the presentation of his new E20 car that there had been no transformation in the intervening period.

The deadpan delivery, a low monotone like an idling V8 engine punctuated by an occasional blip of the throttle, sounded the same as ever and, Raikkonen indicated, so too was the racer inside.

"That was only your opinion," he growled when asked if he expected to enjoy Formula One more on his return than in 2009 when he had seemed at times to be lacking motivation.

"I would have left definitely earlier if I would have felt that I wasn't having fun.

"I had never had any issues with that (motivation). This comes from something else, not from my mouth. I don't think that I look to Formula One any differently. It's a new year and different things but I know the sport and how things work here.

"I don't expect to be much different. The racing is going to be slightly different but all the other things are more or less the same...I'm pretty sure it's going to be a similar story."

Raikkonen, who will test the new car on Tuesday for the first time, added that changes such as the adjustable rear wing (DRS) would be easy enough to manage and a couple of days in a two-year-old car last month had eased any concerns.

"The tyres are probably the biggest difference since I left, and that's what people were saying," he told reporters. "But since the test two weeks ago I have less worries about the whole thing than I had before."

Neither Lotus nor his army of fans will have any argument if Raikkonen, the sort of driver who always preferred to do his talking on the track, shows the speed and ice-cool bravery of old. Lotus team boss Eric Boullier said the Finn, whose comeback was announced in November, would fit right in at the renamed Renault outfit.

"Everybody is talking about this 'Iceman' side of Kimi but, you know, when they meet him privately they understand he's special, he's a champion, he's very friendly and you can talk to him easily," he told reporters.

"I think he hates to have too much PR obligations, he wants to focus on his racing...he will fit the spirit of this team," declared the Frenchman.

http://news.yahoo.com/raikkonen-sounds- ... --spt.html
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 96  Next