It is currently 21 Jul 2017, 04:33

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 19:27  
Kart Champion

reppo wrote:
Mar wrote:
The guys of Lotus are really having fun about this

They sure are. Great that Lotus bothers to share photos and videos with fans :)
Yesterday I thought I saw a photo in Autosport with a text "spy shot" but then I couldn't find it again. Now it popped up in an Indonesian site:
http://otomotif.kompas.com/read/2012/01/23/538/Raikkonen.Tampil.Membesut.Renault.R30
Hard to be proud of having a spy shot when Lotus is feeding photos into internet almost in real time :lol:

But Autosport posted those spy shots before Lotus posted them, and because it's a private test if Lotus didn't share their photos with us these spy shots could be very valuable :lol:

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 19:38  
F1 Legend

Lotus is a funny team. They have uploaded 100 photos of Kimi in 2 days. Usually they upload 45+ photos only for each Grand prix.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 19:44  
F1 Driver

YiNing wrote:
But Autosport posted those spy shots before Lotus posted them, and because it's a private test if Lotus didn't share their photos with us these spy shots could be very valuable :lol:

Indeed they would have been, in case Lotus would have broken their earlier promise to share photos and videos :O I suppose the reporter was not aware of Lotus' plans and believed the test to be really secret session. Lotus did a great job sharing continuously new information during the test. Well done Lotus :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 20:18  
F1 Routinier

Adam Cooper

Quote:
#F1 Lotus says that Kimi Raikkonen has added 91 laps at Valencia to the 80 he did yesterday - making for an ominous total of 666kms!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 21:06  
F1 Rookie

iceman1 wrote:
Lotus is a funny team. They have uploaded 100 photos of Kimi in 2 days. Usually they upload 45+ photos only for each Grand prix.

Imagine then how much photo's they will upload of Kimi in a GP! :blink: :lol:

@ reppo well they haven't got much to hide yet, it's still a two year old car! ;) it probably will be back to secrecy at the real tests :confused:

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 08:21  
GP2 Driver

Thank you very much for all the pics and info!! :hug: :hug: :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 12:09  
car driver

I know that's not what you will be able to after a break. The WRC were not successful.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 13:45  
Kart Champion

:C: That's what I was waiting for so long long time, Kimi in an F1 car again, thank you for pics and videos and everything, thank you guys! :hug:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 13:59  
F1 Driver

sejtur wrote:
@ reppo well they haven't got much to hide yet, it's still a two year old car! ;) it probably will be back to secrecy at the real tests :confused:

Are there anymore big secrets in F1, like double diffusers (banned) or blown diffusers (banned) or reactive ride height systems (not so secret; banned) or next banned innovations what so ever :fear: In official winter tests there are full staff working, pr and media around doing what ever they can, so sharing photos to fans like now is on low priority. Teams will anyway be photographing each others' cars as well they can to find every visible details if possible. I think Lotus got a lot of free publicity doing few simple things at the time when anything else was not happening in F1. And why not. At least I enjoyed it :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 14:01  
F1 Driver

iceman1 wrote:

Yes, but they are fanny team in a nice way :roll::
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 14:54  
F1 Driver

Tony Dodgins:
http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/4166/why-raikkonen-was-the-only-option-for-lotus/?v=5
Quote:
Why Raikkonen was the only option for Lotus

In the wake of Kimi Raikkonen's return to F1 action at Valencia on Monday, Tony Dodgins reckons Lotus had no option but to sign the Finn in a bid to plug the hole left by Robert Kubica

So Kimi Raikkonen is back in the seat, pedalling a two-year-old Renault around Valencia's Ricardo Tormo circuit as I write.

Over the winter I've heard a lot of discussion about whether Renault's decision to sign him was sensible or not. I think it has to be taken as a positive that he's up for thrashing a non-contemporary car around a circuit that's not on the schedule, on tyres he won't be using.

I have no access to Autosport Plus features so I have no idea why Dodgins thinks that way. Surely Lotus knew well in advance that Kubica will not race in 2012. They must have had this year's plan for their driver line up much earlier. I think someone in this forum suggested that Kimi's Williams negotiations halted when LRGP got interested. Could well be but I don't believe Kimi was Lotus' (LRGP's) only option.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 16:03  
F1 Routinier

Quote:
Raikkonen feeling good as he gets used to being back in F1 car

Kimi Raikkonen feels 'very positive' after two days re-acclimatising to Formula One in Valencia this week.
After two years away from F1, with Raikkonen primarily competing in the World Rally Championship, the Finn is poised to make a return with Lotus this year.
But as Raikkonen had not driven an F1 car since quitting the sport at the end of the 2009 season, the team decided it would be in his best interests to get some running under his belt.

That saw 2007 world champion Raikkonen run in a two-year-old car and on Pirelli demonstration tyres at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit.
With the first pre-season test in Jerez a fortnight away, the 32- year-old has no doubts he is back up to speed after completing 171 laps and 666 kilometres overall.

'Overall the two days have been helped me a lot,' said Raikkonen.
'Even though I was using a two year-old car and the demonstration tyres, I learnt about working with the team and engineers which means I can focus on the new car once we get to Jerez for the first official test.

'It was great to be driving an F1 car again, and from that respect I feel very positive.'
Lotus' trackside operations engineer Alan Permane claimed the two days with Raikkonen proved to be 'productive and valuable'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... l?ITO=1490
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 19:36  
F1 Driver

reppo wrote:
It you don't already know there is the most important election going on in Finland

MTV3 wants to know which is the most gorgeous helmet of Kimi
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/2012/01/1482654/kimin-formulauran-kyparat-syynissa---katso-ja-aanesta
Sorry, it's only in Finnish

Looks like Kimi's this year Lotus helmet is winning MTV3's silly election:

2012 Lotus 23.33% (1057 votes)
2006 McLaren 18.61% (843 votes)
2005 McLaren Monaco 16.31% (739 votes)
2008 Ferrari 12.67% (574 votes)
2005 McLaren 7.06% (320 votes)
2009 Ferrari 6.64% (301 votes)
2007 Ferrari 6.51% (295 votes)
2003 McLaren 3.40% (154 votes)
2002 McLaren 1.79% (81 votes)
2004 McLaren 1.35% (61 votes)
2000 Sauber 1.26% (57 votes)
2001 Sauber 1.06% (48 votes)

I just wonder why Sauber 2000 helmet got more votes than 2001 helmet. They look exactly the same ''hmm''
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 20:46  
F1 Rookie

Kimi interview and some test from the 1st day! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 06:41  
Kart Champion

Quote:
Q. What do you think of Raikkonen's return? Do you think he will be the same as before?

PdlR: Kimi is a great driver with whom I've worked with and for a lot. And I've always said that of all the drivers I've worked with, he's probably the most brilliant. If Lotus can build a competitive car, Kimi could surprise this year.

Source

:cool:
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 96  Next