Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus F1 Team

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
KevC

Re: Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP

Post by KevC » 08 Dec 2011, 14:39

Petrov I think.
Alonso is bottom right.

Adam
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Adam » 08 Dec 2011, 15:46

Alonso is one of the friends of Frodo. Although IMO he would have fit better as Frodo himself :lol:

The ones that really crack me up are Jenson and Rosberg (aka "Barbie" :P).

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 08 Dec 2011, 17:21

According to this:
http://www.snow-mobile.at/2011/12/kimi- ... ow-mobile/

Kimi is taking part in a snow-mobile competition this weekend (with a Red Bull team). I had read Renault (or Lotus or whatever you guys want to call the team) had included a "all risky sports are forbidden" clause in his contract, but it seems it will not be valid until January 1st :zz:

PS. I profoundly dislike Oliver Pocher so, please Mr Räikkönen, be nice and crush him :<>:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 08 Dec 2011, 17:58

iceman1 wrote:
NewF1Boy wrote:Who said Kimi is bad when it comes to the technical side? Button thinks the opposite:
We have collected more quotes from team principals, journalists about his technical abilities:

Rating Kimi Raikkonen’s technical ability
http://www.f1zone.net/news/rating-kimi- ... ity/10802/
Great stuff :) Here are some more quotes on Kimi:

http://krspace.wordpres.com/quotes-on-kimi-raikkonen/

Kind of interesting what they said about Kimi in Ferrari before autumn 2009.

Jean Todt: “He is a genuine and sincere lad. I have always liked him both as a driver and in terms of the way he is out of the cockpit; always remaining the same in what is the difficult world of Formula One.”

Chris Dyer: “He tends not to be distracted by what else is going on and he focuses on the job we are doing. It is very much a perception from the outside that he isn’t focused – we don’t see that. When he’s in the car, briefings, debriefings, he’s always on the job and very focused.”

Luca Colajanni: “With the press, Kimi is who is is. He is very honest – it’s hard to find a driver who admits to his mistakes as sincerely as Kimi does.”

Stefano Domenicali: “It has to be said also that Kimi is unbelievable. He’s so focused in his work. Nothing else other than his work.”

Chris Dyer: “Kimi is more relaxed than Michael, and less concerned about technical details. If we turn up with a new part, Kimi will say, “Let’s throw it on and see what happens”; Michael would have wanted to know what the simulation tests said. What you see is what you get with Kimi: he never plays games. But on the track, he is very strong mentally. He is not affected by pressure.”

Stefano Domenicali: “He should know that behind him and together with him there’s a team that’s capable of exalting his talent, which, believe me, is unique in the world.”

Andrea Stella: “They say he’s a cold person but when he won the World Championship in 2007, at the last race, I saw him cry.”

Luca Colajanni: “Kimi is a very straightforward person. Of course, he isn’t the best lover of communication and interaction with the media, but he knows it’s part of his job and he does it with professionalism and respect”

Jean Todt: “Kimi fits better than Alonso in the philosophy of Ferrari, is the product of his personality, his way of being, is modest and nothing arrogant.” (at the time of electing Kimi over Alonso)

Andrea Stella: “Kimi was able to do so many things behind the wheel that our engineers’ advice wouldn’t have been of help there. In that sense Kimi is better than Michael Schumacher. When I was working as Michael’s data engineer we always had to tell him accurately how he could drive faster in different corners according to the computer. With Kimi you don’t need these kind of advice. He finds the solutions himself.”

And then it changed.

Stefano Domenicali: “I consider Raikkonen, in absolute terms, at the same level of Fernando, Felipe, Lewis. So, why this change? Because I’m sure our team, Ferrari, needs a man more similar to Schumi, as for the relationship with the team. Kimi is very fast, very competitive but also very closed, introvert. It’s not a limit and not a guilt: it’s his temper. With a winning car, he was and he is perfect. With a car to fix and a team to direct, I believe Alonso is superior. This I explained to Raikkonen: he wasn’t happy but he understood.”

Maybe Alonso is better for business. After all Domenicali studied business administration in university of Bologna before going to work in Ferrari's fiscal department after his graduation.

sarnee_ice
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sarnee_ice » 08 Dec 2011, 20:37

thanks iceman1 and reppo! :hug:

it's great to read good things about kimi :)

Icemaid75
car driver
car driver

Post by Icemaid75 » 08 Dec 2011, 21:14

Mar wrote: PS. I profoundly dislike Oliver Pocher so, please Mr Räikkönen, be nice and crush him :<>:
:lol: Yes, please Kimi!

:wave: Hi! I´m new here. :hatoff:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 08 Dec 2011, 21:34

Welcome Icemaid75 :wave: :shhh:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 09 Dec 2011, 13:21

Funny. I thought I already corrected an invalid link in my previous post. Second s in word "wordpress" somehow disappeared. The correct link to quotes is:

http://krspace.wordpress.com/quotes-on-kimi-raikkonen/

Today I read in Finnish newspapers that Ferrari payed 45 million euros compensation for Kimi not to race in F1 for 18 months. Original French news is here:

http://www.sportune.fr/sport-business/k ... n-f1-41076

I don't speak French but what I can understand from Google translation Ferrari was already paying 45 million for year 2010. So they would have payed totally 90 millions to Kimi to stay out from F1. It sounds crazy but if it is true Alonso has been a very expensive driver to Santander because apparently they have been paying the bills. I wonder how much Santander can now dictate Ferrari's driver selections or other operations.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 09 Dec 2011, 14:59

Welcome, reppo :wave:
Romain Grosjean ready to take on Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus Renault in 2012

Romain Grosjean says he is unfazed about the prospect of going up against Kimi Raikkonen at Renault next year - and actually thinks it is him who will have the edge in understanding Pirelli's Formula 1 tyres.

The Frenchman was confirmed on Friday as Renault's second driver for 2012, with the team having announced immediately after the Brazilian Grand Prix that Raikkonen would be joining it.

And although that means Grosjean will face tough internal competition at the Enstone-based outfit, he says that it will be no bigger a challenge than when he raced alongside Fernando Alonso for the latter stages of 2009.

"After Fernando Alonso it is Kimi Raikkonen, so I am getting used to having a world champion alongside me," explained Grosjean in an official Renault team video.

"I think it is a chance because they are really good drivers, [but] they are more than that. You can learn a lot from them but, on the other hand, your first benchmark is your team-mate so if you manage to get to their level then it is very good for you."

Grosjean believes that there will be plenty to gain by understanding how Raikkonen operates, but he also does not think that the transfer of knowledge will be one way inside the team.

"From Kimi, I have plenty of things to learn for sure," he said. "He is a great champion and a very good driver, as everybody knows.

"But maybe I can teach him something about the Pirelli tyres that he never drove, except for the rally cars one. The F1 ones are a little bit different, and it will be a good deal for next year. I am sure we will get on well together and I will learn a lot from him, so let's see."

After failing to impress during his brief F1 adventure in 2009, Grosjean believes he is returning to grand prix racing a much better driver after capturing the GP2 crown this year.

"Romain Grosjean is for sure different to the end of 2009 when I could not get a seat for the following year for Formula 1," he said. "I had no seat in any categories until mid-April, and I think it helped me to realise that the place I enjoy the most everywhere around is an F1 car.

"Sometimes when you lose something that you really like, you realise it is more than you [just] like it – it is vital for you. I have been working very, very hard in these two years to improve myself, my driving and my feedback to the team – and improving everything I can to make it again to F1. Today I am so pleased it works and finally I can get back to a race driver seat."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96699

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 09 Dec 2011, 15:26

Q: Dany, the signing of Kimi Raikkonen came as quite a surprise, as for so long it had seemed he was something of a non-topic for the team. How do you feel about it?
Dany Bahar: We're delighted. Perhaps externally it might have been a non-topic but we always had in mind that Kimi is a gifted and proven driver. There's no doubting his talent, so I think it's a great step for the team and he'll be a real asset next season. It will be interesting to see how he works with the team and the development of the car.

Q: Lotus is a high-end car manufacturer who’s been teaming up with some well-known names for strategic marketing purposes. The Formula One team is another marketing tool, so for you it would have been difficult to accept two ‘no-name’ drivers for 2012. How well does Kimi now fit into your strategy?
DB: Kimi will be a great ambassador for our brand. His fighting spirit and pure competitive nature make him a good match. Now we just have to hope that his performance matches the capabilities of the car.

Q: What do you expect from him on and off track? You must know him from your time at Ferrari…
DB: As with anyone we work with on and off track, we expect him to do his best. I fully expect that he will take his commitment to the team very seriously and will do everything he can to bring in points. From what I know of Kimi from previous experience, he is a dedicated and determined driver and he wants results. He hasn't taken the decision to return to F1 lightly - he wants to fight to be at front.
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 12883.html

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 09 Dec 2011, 15:37

sleenster wrote:
Q: Lotus is a high-end car manufacturer who’s been teaming up with some well-known names for strategic marketing purposes. The Formula One team is another marketing tool, so for you it would have been difficult to accept two ‘no-name’ drivers for 2012. How well does Kimi now fit into your strategy?
DB: Kimi will be a great ambassador for our brand. His fighting spirit and pure competitive nature make him a good match. Now we just have to hope that his performance matches the capabilities of the car.
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 12883.html
Shouldn't it be the other way around, Mr Bahar? that the car matches the capabilities of Mr Raikkonen? :zz:

Oh my! this bunch... :fear:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 09 Dec 2011, 15:48

Bahar, Boullier and Lopez :roll::

Was just going to add to my previous post about Grosjean and Kimi :lol: I mean sure, Grosjean has two more practice sessions experience than Kimi on the Pirelli tyres and admittedly Kimi has none. But really, comparing Pirelli tyre experience at this point is like two midgets arguing over who is taller :lol:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Dec 2011, 16:27

:p

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 09 Dec 2011, 18:25

::: ::: ::: :::

toniraikkonen
car driver
car driver

Post by toniraikkonen » 10 Dec 2011, 05:15

reppo wrote:Funny. I thought I already corrected an invalid link in my previous post. Second s in word "wordpress" somehow disappeared. The correct link to quotes is:

http://krspace.wordpress.com/quotes-on-kimi-raikkonen/

Today I read in Finnish newspapers that Ferrari payed 45 million euros compensation for Kimi not to race in F1 for 18 months. Original French news is here:

http://www.sportune.fr/sport-business/k ... n-f1-41076

I don't speak French but what I can understand from Google translation Ferrari was already paying 45 million for year 2010. So they would have payed totally 90 millions to Kimi to stay out from F1. It sounds crazy but if it is true Alonso has been a very expensive driver to Santander because apparently they have been paying the bills. I wonder how much Santander can now dictate Ferrari's driver selections or other operations.
da** you alonso and santander !