Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus F1 Team

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP

Post by reppo » 30 May 2012, 15:31

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
reppo wrote:A problem with power steering is that rules require it to be mechanical. Due to that changing the setup requires lots of work. If they could use some other systems and computer control, it would be easier, but rules are what they are.

I just checked from google about the Kimi and Lotus problems and found confirmation in the first hit:
viewtopic.php?t=6935&p=286582
There is a lot discussion about the subject. It must then be true - it's in TEH internet :fear:
Huh? Wrong link? :huh:
What? It's a perfectly good link to a source of many, many... MANY so interesting views of F1 :zz: Dare to disagree :p

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 30 May 2012, 15:35

reppo wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
reppo wrote:A problem with power steering is that rules require it to be mechanical. Due to that changing the setup requires lots of work. If they could use some other systems and computer control, it would be easier, but rules are what they are.

I just checked from google about the Kimi and Lotus problems and found confirmation in the first hit:
viewtopic.php?t=6935&p=286582
There is a lot discussion about the subject. It must then be true - it's in TEH internet :fear:
Huh? Wrong link? :huh:
What? It's a perfectly good link to a source of many, many... MANY so interesting views of F1 :zz: Dare to disagree :p
Haha okay! :lol: Got it :blush:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 30 May 2012, 16:34

Interesting that in one place Boullier is saying he believes Kimi can fight for WDC even in this year. In an other place there is an unnamed Lotus engineer saying Boullier and Lopez are disappointed to Kimi. And nobody denies or confirms anything. From now on I'll write what ever I get into my head after hitting it to a wall and then search it from from the net and believe it since it was there and therefore it must be true :p

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 May 2012, 16:49

Boullier lies to the media whenever he needs to. Rule number one of the F1 follower: never, ever believe what team members (and that includes the drivers) tell the media.

Kohdr source has always been right until now. That gives him some credibility. Another discussion would be if what he has heard is completely true or not. As you say, from what really happens to what comes to people ears, differences can be abysmal. When I was little we used to play a game called "broken telephone" where all friends will sit in a straight line. The first of the row said a little sentence, fast (and in Spanish fast is faaaaaaast) in the ear of the second one, the second one repeated it in the ear of the 3rd one and so on. It was pretty funny to listen what came out of the lips of the last kid in the row :lol:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 May 2012, 16:49

If you remember Trulli, he always kept talking bout the power-steering. This helped Kova to beat him 16-2 in qualifications last year. But when they gave Trulli a revised version he instantly beat Kova in the next qualification :zz:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 May 2012, 16:54

Mar wrote:Boullier lies to the media whenever he needs to. Rule number one of the F1 follower: never, ever believe what team members (and that includes the drivers) tell the media.

Kohdr source has always been right until now. That gives him some credibility. Another discussion would be if what he has heard is completely true or not. As you say, from what really happens to what comes to people ears, differences can be abysmal. When I was little we used to play a game called "broken telephone" where all friends will sit in a straight line. The first of the row said a little sentence, fast (and in Spanish fast is faaaaaaast) in the ear of the second one, the second one repeated it in the ear of the 3rd one and so on. It was pretty funny to listen what came out of the lips of the last kid in the row :lol:
Who is Kohdr? :p

My friend is one of the first guys that tested the new simulator. If you remember he told me after China/Bahrain the team will be pretty competitive in Monaco but you didn't agree with him :n You preferred to listen to James Allison (never, ever believe what team members tell the media) :lol:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 May 2012, 17:06

iceman1 wrote:
Mar wrote:Boullier lies to the media whenever he needs to. Rule number one of the F1 follower: never, ever believe what team members (and that includes the drivers) tell the media.

My friend is one of the first guys that tested the new simulator. If you remember he told me after China/Bahrain the team will be pretty competitive in Monaco but you didn't agree with him :n You preferred to listen to James Allison (never, ever believe what team members tell the media) :lol:
Oops! :blush: Sorry!
Your name has too many consonants for a Spaniard, and you have to add that for us "h" is mute; for me trying to guess where to put it is a very hard job. But I promise, I won't misspell your name again.
Khodr, Khodr... I'll write it 100 times.

Actually, I keep thinking that car was not that competitive in Monaco, therefore, I was right :p
EDIT: and for once they didn't lie to the media. But they do it every now and then to keep us confused. That way we don't know when they lie and when they don't :zz:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 May 2012, 17:20

Mar wrote:
iceman1 wrote:

Actually, I keep thinking that car was not that competitive in Monaco, therefore, I was right :p
EDIT: and for once they didn't lie to the media. But they do it every now and then to keep us confused. That way we don't know when they lie and when they don't :zz:
Well Grosjean was going to take the pole, but he made mistake in S2. So Lotus was the fastest car over one single lap :p

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 30 May 2012, 17:29

WOW! Guys, thank you very much for all the info and insight! :) :hug:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 30 May 2012, 18:02

Woooorrrkkksss aaallllssoooo iiiiinnn sssllooooowww lllaaanngguuuuuaaaaggeeess :lol: We also used to play it as kid. It was a fun game. Hard to play in text mode in forums ''hmm'' Like news in sign language in radio but opposite. But yes, fact is that people (unnamed or not) interpret what they hear according what they expect, feel, what they remember and associate etc. Later they can strongly believe they are right even they memories can be biased. Sometimes (newer :<>: ) I fall into that too :zz:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 May 2012, 18:14

iceman1 wrote: Well Grosjean was going to take the pole, but he made mistake in S2. So Lotus was the fastest car over one single lap :p
Are you suggesting he made a mistake in Q2 (he barely made it to Q3, he was eighth and just one tenth faster than Räikkönen) and in, both, his two hot laps in Q3 with his two sets of fresh supersofts tyres? and Räikkönen was the one who was "poor" in qualification? :blink:

I mean, in Q3, in hot lap 1, with 1st set of fresh tyres Grosjean did: 19.2, 35.0 and 20.3 in the 3 sectors. In second hot lap with the other set of fresh tyres he did: 19.1, 35.0 and 20.4.

That car was not going faster than than, with any of the two drivers, Lotus are not being honest there.

PS. I'm not as lunatic as it may seem now because I have these data :blush: . When I read last weekend that Grosjean had made a mistake in his hot lap but the car was better, I went to check it to the tracking app because a) the information came too late in the evening and b) I could remember how much he had struggled in Q2, that he had two sets of fresh tyres for Q3 and that both his laps had no abnormal sector times.
As I say, I think Lotus are lying when they say they had a better car than we saw on Sunday in Räikkönen's hands.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 30 May 2012, 18:15

Mar wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Who is Kohdr? :p
Oops! :blush: Sorry!
Your name has too many consonants for a Spaniard, and you have to add that for us "h" is mute; for me trying to guess where to put it is a very hard job. But I promise, I won't misspell your name again.
Khodr, Khodr... I'll write it 100 times.
I could swear it was Khoda... or was it Yoda ''hmm'' Iceman you could go around and say: "I'm Yoda, Master Yoda. Shaken but not stirred". :p
Mar wrote:Actually, I keep thinking that car was not that competitive in Monaco, therefore, I was right :p
Rather like their race strategy which manages confuse everyone :zz:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 May 2012, 18:37

Mar, you are amazing :cool:
I always admire your statistics :thumbsup:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 30 May 2012, 18:44

Mar wrote:
iceman1 wrote: Well Grosjean was going to take the pole, but he made mistake in S2. So Lotus was the fastest car over one single lap :p
Are you suggesting he made a mistake in Q2 (he barely made it to Q3, he was eighth and just one tenth faster than Räikkönen) and in, both, his two hot laps in Q3 with his two sets of fresh supersofts tyres? and Räikkönen was the one who was "poor" in qualification? :blink:

I mean, in Q3, in hot lap 1, with 1st set of fresh tyres Grosjean did: 19.2, 35.0 and 20.3 in the 3 sectors. In second hot lap with the other set of fresh tyres he did: 19.1, 35.0 and 20.4.

That car was not going faster than than, with any of the two drivers, Lotus are not being honest there.

PS. I'm not as lunatic as it may seem now because I have these data :blush: . When I read last weekend that Grosjean had made a mistake in his hot lap but the car was better, I went to check it to the tracking app because a) the information came too late in the evening and b) I could remember how much he had struggled in Q2, that he had two sets of fresh tyres for Q3 and that both his laps had no abnormal sector times.
As I say, I think Lotus are lying when they say they had a better car than we saw on Sunday in Räikkönen's hands.
Well, the weather was colder, than expected. I think Kimi would have struggle to keep the tyres in the right window of temperature even without the steering problems. Lotus pretty much admitted, that they have problems with colder temp
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 May 2012, 18:47

beefree88 wrote:
Well, the weather was colder, than expected. I think Kimi would have struggle to keep the tyres in the right window of temperature even without the steering problems. Lotus pretty much admitted, that they have problems with colder temp
they have solve that problem asap, the weather won't be hot everywhere and they both struggle in cooler conditions