It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 21:06

All times are UTC

Post subject: Public opinion.
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 09:31  
car driver

I am a firm believer that public opinion with regards to how we {the paying public) see the racing i.e.if it`s not exciting, boring etc. are listened to. We may not get the oppertunity to speak directly to F1 heirachy but i am convinced that what is written on forums, blogs, magazine letters are fed back and acted on all be it much later than we would like.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Public opinion.
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:10  
F1 Driver

Good! Keep thinking that.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:16  
GP2 Driver

i agree...
but, it is not hard to realize when a race (or a season) is boring.
And they are continuously changing the rules to avoid it.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:24  

Drivers read articles written on the Internet. Maybe not the top ones, but most do. Same with team principals. They'll read, most probably, Twitter comments and Autosport's forum, even ours possibly. I know some of the guys at Haymarket publishing were looking at our news site.

It may take 3 or 4 steps to reach the top, but the Internet has revolutionised motor racing and given fans a voice that, until possibly the mid-00s, they didn't have.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:50  
F1 Routinier

phil1993 wrote:
Drivers read articles written on the Internet. Maybe not the top ones, but most do. Same with team principals. They'll read, most probably, Twitter comments and Autosport's forum, even ours possibly. I know some of the guys at Haymarket publishing were looking at our news site.

It may take 3 or 4 steps to reach the top, but the Internet has revolutionised motor racing and given fans a voice that, until possibly the mid-00s, they didn't have.

I'd say they did have a voice before then, albeit limited, through the publication of comments in magazines and (sometimes) newspapers. However the internet has made it much easier for fans to share their thoughts, and I agree that this revolutioned motor racing and given them a much stronger voice.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:55  
GP2 Driver

cformula1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

I'd say they did have a voice before then, albeit limited, through the publication of comments in magazines and (sometimes) newspapers. However the internet has made it much easier for fans to share their thoughts, and I agree that this revolutioned motor racing and given them a much stronger voice.

in fact, all 'business to customer' communications were deeply improved by internet.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:55  

People's letters in magazine comments are often hilarious though. I saw once shouting for Lewis to be banned following Silverstone, where he and Massa had that great last lap scrap.