It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 15:10

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winter Testing 2012
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 15:56  
F1 Legend

Great Picture of Kimi Raikkonen :cool:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 16:12  
Kart Champion

thats it for testing then
bring on melbourne
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 17:05  
F1 Legend

hamilton10000 wrote:
bring on melbourne

Not for the big teams: HRT and Marussia :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 17:10  
F1 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
hamilton10000 wrote:
bring on melbourne

Not for the big teams: HRT and Marussia :p

They are just covering their revolutionary innovations ''hmm'' In Melbourne they'll surprise everyone :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 17:12  
F1 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
Great Picture of Kimi Raikkonen :cool:

Weirdly it looks blurry except those few sponsor texts ''hmm''
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 17:42  
F1 Driver

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/2012/03/1505645/gascoyne-auton-suorituskyky-tulossa-esiin (in Finnish)
Quote:
Gascoyne: Car's performance is emerging

04.03.2012 19:07

Caterham's technical director Mike Gascoyne says that the last test in Barcelona have fulfilled the expectations of the team.

On the last test week of F1 serie,s Caterham achieved notably faster speed than before. According Gascoyne targets in key areas of the car was reached.

- In performance and reliability our goals were achieved. Car has been operating fairly smoothly throughout the week. We are now beginning to get the performance out of the car, which we know it is able to do, Gascoyne told in team's website.

Team's goal is to rise, at the beginning of the season, to mid group to fight for point positions.

- Mid group of teams in this season seems to be very tightly packed. Although the tests do not tell the whole story, it would seem that we have taken a step forward from the last season. The objective is to fight in races against one or two of the teams, which at the end of last season was ahead of us, said Gascoyne.

MTV3, Esa Ylijaara
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 17:59  

iceman1 wrote:
SpliTF1 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
It seems that Marussia will run their new car at Silverstone on Monday. Is that legal?

Filming day is legal. HRT also have filming day tomorrow at Barcelona.

Bingo. Thanks :)

I think they're allowed 100km for promo filming.
That'll really test the cars then!

Place your bets on them missing the 107% limit in Australia.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 18:17  

I think HRT will make 107%. It's Pic I'm worried for. He'll be making his F1 debut in a car he's never driven on a temporary street circuit.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 18:28  
GP2 Driver

phil1993 wrote:
I think HRT will make 107%. It's Pic I'm worried for. He'll be making his F1 debut in a car he's never driven on a temporary street circuit.

He driven 229 laps in Barcelona in last year car, so will be ok. I hope so... :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 18:32  

At times last year, Marussia only just made 107%. I can see it being very difficult for them. HRT were something like 110% last year in Australia.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 19:14  

Mclaren's updated exhausts

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 19:32  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwq1bxTpJjM

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 11:08  
GP2 Driver

reppo wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
SpliTF1 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
It seems that Marussia will run their new car at Silverstone on Monday. Is that legal?

Filming day is legal. HRT also have filming day tomorrow at Barcelona.

Bingo. Thanks :)

They are limited to 22 laps only and I'm not sure what kind of timing they are allowed to have. Maybe they can't have sector times.

iceman1 wrote:
The lap times of Raikkonen's final race stint:

1:28.0, 1:27.7, 1:27.9, 1:29.5, 1:30.8, 1:28.7, 1:28.4, 1:28.4, 1:29.2, 1:28.9, 1:29.2, 1:29.9, 1:29.6, 1:29.7, 1:29.8, 1:30.0.

Shows that soft tyres wear off in few laps, but there are differences between teams. Ferrari seems to 'eat' tyres faster :(

iceman1 wrote:
Kobayashi's C31 suffered an engine problem.

And they have Ferrari engine. Has somebody jinxed Ferrari :<>:[/qu

I hope so! :n How can you support Ferrari, if you're a Kimi fan!?!? :huh: A REAL KIMI FAN DOESN'T!! :<>: :<>:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 13:26  
F1 Driver

Heikki Kulta's thoughts after winter tests from his blog :)
http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/ (in Finnish)
Quote:
Nitros need!

Topic F1, 5.3.2012 1:22, heikki.kulta

It is late in the evening on Sunday, Barbera de Valles, a suburb of Barcelona. Winter testing is over and it is time to weigh, on basis of the tests, what could happen when the world championship season opens in Australia.

If anything, I guess we can wait the most exciting second part of qualification run - the Q2, from which ten fastest will continue.
In tests seven different team got the top time at some point of the day. Now that McLaren shone by its absence from that group, list of candidates to top ten is long. At least in Ferrari there is an obvious grief, whether the team can get their drivers even to the qualification final. F2012 eats tires and the requires a lot of fresh rubber in the race. On the other hand the basic speed is so high that a position among ten fastest requires a lot. Maybe even two sets of soft tyres in Q2 - if even that is enough.

When I wandered from pit to press room with my fellow reporter Kari Melart, Ferrari spokesman Luca Colajanni came to say hello and called out that Kimi can win in Australia. When I asked, did he say so seriously or just for fun, Luca assured his belief in Kimi's ability to win at the opening race just as much as he believes that Ferrari can not win it. When I know on the basis of all the test data that Ferrari has no hope in Australia, then probably Kim has some hidden, even large chance of winning on the track, where has been on the podium four times in the past. We re-lived memorable moments with Colajanni, when Räikkönen became Ferrari's latest world champion in 2007 in Brazil. Remembering that Luca advised me to be prepared with a better insurance for the opening race, if my three years ago operated heart would be strained too hard because of the excitement for possible victory.

I also asked about chances from Räikkönen's new boss, Lotus team principal Eric Boullier. He acknowledged the same way as Kimi that only the first qualification will clear the relative strengths of the teams. He also pointed out that in general the circumstances at the opening race, play a big role, and if one team can take advantage of it, the team will certainly get very positive results.

Daniel Ricciardo had an excellent day on Saturday. Although Toro Rosso's fine tuning did not go perfect, the Australia's hope was in a very sunny mood on Sunday night. I went to encourage the youngster, who is charged for his first home race and asked what kind of chances does he have to beat Raikkonen at opening weekend.

- Lotus appears to be strong. We have no possibilities against it or Kimi. In qualifying Kimi is among fastest eight, maybe even fastest six, Ricciardo said.

Another journalist friend, Jonathan Noble had done polls on the strengths of teams at the paddock.

- I see that the majority believes that Red Bull and McLaren to be the two at the front, then comes Mercedes and Lotus. How far Kimi stretches, just depends on the circumstances and the timing. We saw, that at least his speed is just the same as before, Noble said.

So the winter tests are over. Räikkönen's chances to finish in point positions in the opening race looks good. I am guessing that Kimi is fifth in qualifying and third in the race.

What are your predictions?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 13:27  
PL Manager

lol I support both Ferrari and Kimi. don't see why you can't....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next