Winter Testing 2012

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Winter Testing 2012

Post by reppo » 05 Mar 2012, 13:42

Suomileijona wrote:
reppo wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
SpliTF1 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:It seems that Marussia will run their new car at Silverstone on Monday. Is that legal?
Filming day is legal. HRT also have filming day tomorrow at Barcelona.
Bingo. Thanks :)
They are limited to 22 laps only and I'm not sure what kind of timing they are allowed to have. Maybe they can't have sector times.
iceman1 wrote:The lap times of Raikkonen's final race stint:

1:28.0, 1:27.7, 1:27.9, 1:29.5, 1:30.8, 1:28.7, 1:28.4, 1:28.4, 1:29.2, 1:28.9, 1:29.2, 1:29.9, 1:29.6, 1:29.7, 1:29.8, 1:30.0.
Shows that soft tyres wear off in few laps, but there are differences between teams. Ferrari seems to 'eat' tyres faster :(
iceman1 wrote:Kobayashi's C31 suffered an engine problem.
And they have Ferrari engine. Has somebody jinxed Ferrari :<>:
I hope so! :n How can you support Ferrari, if you're a Kimi fan!?!? :huh: A REAL KIMI FAN DOESN'T!! :<>: :<>:
So what do you have against Ferrari. Regardless of Montezemolo (good he has shup up for now, or is it his sister now taking care of PR ''hmm'') it is a great team, and all their publicly invisible staff are working as hard as any to build a competitive car. Ferrari is a part of F1 history and they have stayed on in the good times as well as bad times. That is very respectable. Winning a fast Ferrari is always better for Kimi than winning a slow one. What challenge would there be? None if you ask me. And Kimi did won his WDC in Ferrari, which I believe is a secret wish of most drivers. He was also winning two WCCs to Ferrari. So why have bad feelings against Ferrari and wish them bad luck?

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 05 Mar 2012, 15:56

I hope so! :n How can you support Ferrari, if you're a Kimi fan!?!? :huh: A REAL KIMI FAN DOESN'T!! :<>: :<>:
So what do you have against Ferrari. Regardless of Montezemolo (good he has shup up for now, or is it his sister now taking care of PR ''hmm'') it is a great team, and all their publicly invisible staff are working as hard as any to build a competitive car. Ferrari is a part of F1 history and they have stayed on in the good times as well as bad times. That is very respectable. Winning a fast Ferrari is always better for Kimi than winning a slow one. What challenge would there be? None if you ask me. And Kimi did won his WDC in Ferrari, which I believe is a secret wish of most drivers. He was also winning two WCCs to Ferrari. So why have bad feelings against Ferrari and wish them bad luck?
THANKYOU. Everyone seems to be anti-Ferrari these days, for no apparent reason :<>:

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 06 Mar 2012, 09:58

For what the team did to him in 2009 - taking that &%¤%## to his place! And before that they concentrated on Massa, not on Kimi at all. :<>: Only after Massa's injury they concentrated on Kimi. And how well he drove that crappy car!! :)

I'll be always anti-Ferrari, the whole bunch! :<>: So do my friends!

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 06 Mar 2012, 10:48

Suomileijona wrote:For what the team did to him in 2009 - taking that &%¤%## to his place! And before that they concentrated on Massa, not on Kimi at all. :<>: Only after Massa's injury they concentrated on Kimi. And how well he drove that crappy car!! :)

I'll be always anti-Ferrari, the whole bunch! :<>: So do my friends!
Oh, dear Image Even if you feel like Image for what happened to Kimi in 2009, there is no need to hate the whole team for Montezemolo's actions. Luca is not popular even (or maybe specially) among Tifosis and many hope he would leave. Ferrari staff can't talk in public what they think about anything concerning the team and it is just Luca's voice we have heard. To me it doesn't represent the whole of Ferrari. Ferrari was before Montezemolo and Ferrari will stay when Montezemolo disappears into dust of history. :cool:

frubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by frubbs » 06 Mar 2012, 14:45

I support Ferrari, but i have my reasons.
It is the 12th year Ferrari is giving a brazilian driver the chance to win races.
With Ferrari we had 3 WDC runner-ups and 20 race victories since 2000.
It is enough reason to me to like this team better than any other in the grid.
Image 322 gps | 14 pp | 11 1st

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 06 Mar 2012, 15:05

Formula 1 is a very political sport and Ferrari tends to be at the center of F1 poltics. For better or worse, Ferrari is the oldest team in the sport and that puts them in a position of tremendous influence.
I have personally fallen out of supporting Ferrari in recent years because of their (in my opinion) abuse of their elevated status in the F1 world in a number of situations (Spa 2008, Hockenheim 2010, Valencia 2010, Silverstone 2011). However, I have also admired their conduct in many situations over the years such as in 2009 when things came to a head on the Concorde agreement with a proposed multi-tiered series, as well as how they handled themselves after Massa's accident.

Although I've gone the way of McLaren, Mercedes, and Red Bull in the last few seasons, Ferrari has been and should continue to be an integral part of Formula 1. A team with a history such as theirs should always warrant respect in the pitlane as well as among all fans of motorsport.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 06 Mar 2012, 16:53

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/f1/318 ... isavauhdin (in Finnish)
Peeling of the left front tyre took Räikkönen's best race pace
F1 | Turun Sanomat 5.3.2012 01:36

67 laps long race simulation of Kimi Räikkönen went quite satisfactorily on Sunday afternoon at the end winter tests. The only interruption came when Kamui Kobayashi's Sauber stopped on the track during Lotus' third stint.

On full tank times were very good, but at the end on empty load speed did not increase any more.

- It was just so cold. The left front tyre wears off. When I passed some others, everyone seem to have the same thing. The tyre starts peeling and when it does the rubber falls away. When it peels so much, the heat is lost.

- As long as it did not happen, the car was pretty good. Then it just did not work any longer. Once operating temperature drops, it does not come back anymore, Raikkonen set out to Turun Sanomat.

Raikkonen does not proclaim the competitiveness of Lotus before the first qualification.

- Probably many was driving with relatively small amount of fuel. It is hard to know. For some it just works better and for some worse. Pretty much probably depends on track too.

Before the last day it was estimated, that Lotus is perhaps the fourth of new cars after Mercedes, Red Bull and McLaren. The last day appeared only to strengthen the position of Lotus.

Turun Sanomat, Barcelona

HEIKKI KULTA