F1 teams who need a change ??

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

F1 teams who need a change ??

Post by Sanredrose » 31 Jul 2011, 21:01

Red Bull domination has been the topic for two years now. But i feel it's compounded by the miserable leadership at other top teams. For instance - Whitmarsh @ McLaren & Dominecalli @ Ferrari. I feel their inability to lead the team and pathetic handling of pit strategy is screwing up their chances & elevating Red Bull.

Opinions members ??

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: F1 teams who need a change ??

Post by mikhailv » 01 Aug 2011, 09:05

Sanredrose wrote:Red Bull domination has been the topic for two years now. But i feel it's compounded by the miserable leadership at other top teams. For instance - Whitmarsh @ McLaren & Dominecalli @ Ferrari. I feel their inability to lead the team and pathetic handling of pit strategy is screwing up their chances & elevating Red Bull.

Opinions members ??
My opinion is that your completly wrong. You cant instantly blame Whitmarsh and Domenicalli for 1000 peoples failures. Lets not forget the past 2 years Mclaren/Ferrari have started on the back foot compared to redbull. But the thing to remember is that 2009 was the major rule change. They were playing catch up all 2009 because they focused on KERS and let the car suffer. redbull on the other hand, was very smart and built a fab car straight out of the box. Brawn was ofcourse a fluke after being designed for over 2 years.

So in 2010, mclaren and ferrari already had alot of ground to make up regardless of management. If you think, both this year and last, Mclaren and Ferrari have developed a car extremely well, better than Redbull have done. Theres literally nothing more Newey can do for the Redbull car now, especially as the persicope exhausts are now going to be standardised im lead to believe.

Last year, Mclaren won 5 races. alonso won 5, and redbull 9. they had a great year. Losing the title or not, they had a great year, and under Whitmarsh/Domenicalli's management they took more race wins than the year before.

2011 has been more of the same. The redbull in 2010 only made it a close title race because of reliability. They've sorted reliability out now and its reaping the rewards. What do you expect Mclaren and Ferrari to do because of one man? Is it not the engineers, designers and so forth who build the car? Whitmarsh isnt an engineer, PR, designer, strategist and jesus in one package is he? Neither is domenicalli.

They hire people to do the certain areas. Both teams have made changes IE Ferrari with Pat Fry. and its reaping rewards. Mclaren built the MP4-26 around the EBD concept like redbull. Ferrari havn't. Thats why in silverstone ferrari was the fastest, because they have the fastest car without the EBD, mclaren lost more than redbull. Next year, the EBD has gone thanks to periscope exhausts. Redbulls major trump card will be gone.

Infact, right now, they are falling back. In my opinion, Adrian Newey has built his ultimate car now. He has built it to the maximum the chassis can go and theres very little he could do to that car and I think they realise it. Next year they will lose the only thing which is keeping them at least equal first with mclaren or ferrari. Redbull will lose dominance next year, and then, when mclaren or ferrari win, their team principle will be lauded for doing a great job.

in the end, Its not whitmarsh's fault. he is the man everyone goes straight for when its not him. hes doing a good job like domenicalli. Horner isnt doing anything more than Whit/Stefano. Its because his team is winning people dont slate him. Nobody slated Whitmarsh in 2008.

So the only team that needs a change is Lotus/renault/proton/lada/tata. Because that elliot bulls** wanker and genii need shooting.

sonofgabe
kart driver
kart driver

Re: F1 teams who need a change ??

Post by sonofgabe » 01 Aug 2011, 21:24

I think Domenicalli could only ever look bad in comparison to Todt. The entire dream team disassembled as he took over, so in that respect, he's done a good enough job. But I think he's got one more year to deliver a championship -- he has the driver he wanted, a number of the technical people, money and a little time. Personally, I think Alonso wields more power in the team than Domenicalli.

Whitmarsh seems more concerned publicly about FOTA and a greater role in the sport for the teams. Maybe he should focus more on McLaren's issues. It's admirable that he lets their drivers race.

Both could be doing a better job, but who would you replace them with? Briatore and Ronzo?

The guys that seem to be doing the worst job running a team are Renault and Williams, although the Renault might have looked great in Kubica's hands. They're losing good people all over the place. Parr should not be running Williams. He appears to have no clue.