Thanks a lot Phil!
some more special drives from Vettel:
- Monaco 2008 (from P19 to P5 in the rain)
- Valencia 2008 (6th place in the bad Toro Rosso)
- Brazil 2008 (overtakes Hamilton and nearly takes the championship away from him)
- China 2009 (his first win with Red Bull in the rain)
- Brazil 2009 (from P15 to P4)
- Italy 2010 (4th place with a pit stop on the last lap)
- India 2011 (Vettel's first grand slam - pure domination)
- Spa 2012 (from P10 to P2)
Special drives? Monaco was great. Valencia ws great. Brazil was ok. Thing is, Toro Rosso was always superb in the wet. China wasn't special, it was lights-to-flag victory, 10 seconds ahead of Webber and 44 ahead of Button in 3rd. brazil wasnt special either, that was the best car and was out of position like half the grid due to the downpour in quali; Hulk got pole didnt he. Monza 2010 wasnt special either, had a problem for a few laps, it went away, just drove the rest of the race until the last lap, while others pitted and the gamble paid off. it wasnt vettels driving, it was simply strategy gamble and finished where he should have; 3rd best car finishing 4th after Hamilton going for a gap that didnt exist.
India was supreme, Spa 2012 is laughable though, Maldanado jump start, Grosjean took out Alonso, Hamilton, Himself, Perez and damaged Kobayashi. so thats 6 cars vettel didnt have to bother with and went to 6th immediately. The only overtakes vettel did was on Senna, Webber, schumacher and Massa...... impressive indeed there.
Personally, vettels best races are;
Indy 2007, China 2007,Monaco and Monza 2008, India 2011. Problem with seb is, I cant think of any great races aside from his early ones and his grand chelem, where he has not been cruising up front. When theres pressure or he's further back, he either makes a meal out of things, has collisions, or like spa; doesnt actually do much because half the top 10 are took out.