It is currently 26 Sep 2017, 07:19

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Formula One Discussion
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2012, 14:26  
F1 Routinier

Yeah that's a good point. If Perez is finding his feet at a top team a bit next season, another mid-season slump from Button could kill McLaren's championship chances.

If Hamilton can drag something extra out the Mercedes, as I expect to be honest, he could be close to Button. Wonder if we'll see some fireworks on track should he find himself wheel to wheel with a McLaren. :p

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2012, 17:25  
car driver

donald29 wrote:
Yeah that's a good point. If Perez is finding his feet at a top team a bit next season, another mid-season slump from Button could kill McLaren's championship chances.

If Hamilton can drag something extra out the Mercedes, as I expect to be honest, he could be close to Button. Wonder if we'll see some fireworks on track should he find himself wheel to wheel with a McLaren. :p

There won't be any displays of loyalty to his former team since after all, he has left them. So I expect Lewis to treat the McLarens like any other rival.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2012, 17:27  
F1 Routinier

I didn't mean he might treat them easily, I meant the opposite. :p I wonder if he'll race that little bit harder against McLarens!

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2012, 17:56  
car driver

donald29 wrote:
I didn't mean he might treat them easily, I meant the opposite. :p I wonder if he'll race that little bit harder against McLarens!

Ahh, my bad! :blush: Still I don't believe he'll treat them different to any other rival. To me it seems he's always raced Jenson in the other McLaren just as hard as he would with a rival from another team so I imagine he'll continue to do so at Mercedes! :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2012, 20:46  
PL Manager

The thought of Lewis in a Mercedes is really getting me excited now. If he can improve the team and eventually win championships with them, it'll be as great a story as Michael Schumacher's Ferrari resurgence in the late 90s to early 2000s.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 16:45  
GP2 Driver

I have a question for you guys, that's been nagging at me since forever...
Off-Topic: show
In Hungary there is a story about Fernando Alonso. It says that when he won his second title he made a T-shirt which said "Who is Schumacher?" and wore it the next day. Is it true or is it just an urban legend made by Hungarians?
I couldn't find anything on the net...

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 17:10  
F1 Legend

Treacle wrote:
I have a question for you guys, that's been nagging at me since forever...
Off-Topic: show
In Hungary there is a story about Fernando Alonso. It says that when he won his second title he made a T-shirt which said "Who is Schumacher?" and wore it the next day. Is it true or is it just an urban legend made by Hungarians?
I couldn't find anything on the net...

Yes I can confirm it's true. I saw the t-shirt in a video.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 18:48  
car driver

tderias wrote:
The thought of Lewis in a Mercedes is really getting me excited now. If he can improve the team and eventually win championships with them, it'll be as great a story as Michael Schumacher's Ferrari resurgence in the late 90s to early 2000s.

I'd be surprised if Lewis could pull of such a feat to be truthful. Despite the fact that in Ross Brawn he is joining one of the men who made Schumacher such a force, I really don't feel Lewis has the intelligence required to assist in building up a winning team.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 20:03  
F1 Routinier

Yeah I don't think Lewis has the off track skills / commitment of Schumacher. I'd say only Alonso and Vettel come close to matching that.

Plus Ferrari had Todt, Byrne and Brawn. Yes Brawn is at Mercedes but in a very different role as team principal. I don't think Mercedes have that calibre of staff, even if they have made some decent signings in Bell, Costa and Willis.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012, 14:21  

What I love about this season is that come Brazil, we're (F1Zone writers) going to be collaborating and trying to rank drivers from 25th (assuming no-one else joins) to 1st. Rating the midfield will be tough!

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2012, 13:12  
F1 Routinier

Spygate lives on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/ne ... 759000.stm

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 13:00  

Arrest warrant issued for Mallya
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103355

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 13:36  
F1 Routinier

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2012, 14:31  
GP2 Driver

"There was another post-race comment from Hamilton, too, that said an awful lot. “I hope Fernando keeps pushing,” he said.
Hamilton did not reply when asked directly whether that meant he wanted Alonso to win the title. But you can be sure that remark is a reflection of Hamilton’s belief that he is better than Vettel, that only Alonso is his equal."

Do you guys think that Andrew Benson interpreted Hamilton's words the right way?

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2012, 14:57  
F1 Legend

Treacle wrote:
"There was another post-race comment from Hamilton, too, that said an awful lot. “I hope Fernando keeps pushing,” he said.
Hamilton did not reply when asked directly whether that meant he wanted Alonso to win the title. But you can be sure that remark is a reflection of Hamilton’s belief that he is better than Vettel, that only Alonso is his equal."

Do you guys think that Andrew Benson interpreted Hamilton's words the right way?

http://www.f1zone.net/news/hamilton-admits-ferrari-talks/16182/ wrote:
I still think Fernando is the best driver. The cleanest, the most sensitive, the most complete,” said Hamilton.

“He is always taking points despite not having the fastest car, while Vettel has always had a great car these past years,” he added.

You can see they don't mention Vettel at all. Alonso said few weeks ago that Hamilton is the only driver who can win without the fastest car.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 100  Next