2012 Formula One Discussion

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2012 Formula One Discussion

Post by Mar » 11 Jan 2012, 12:28

reppo wrote:F1 FERRARI 2012 GIORGIO PIOLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgR5YX0dvO4
Animación del ingeniero y periodista Giorgio Piola a traves de la cual vemos los cambios que por normativa puede sufrir el Ferrari que pilotará Fernando Alonso y Felipe Massa para la temporada 2012.
I don't understand Italian but the video is a comparison of 2011 and 2012 ferrari. I guess ''hmm''
Understanding Italian would have helped you a little bit because of the similarities between both languages... but that's Spanish :) (I know, I know, too difficult to tell between both languages if you don't know at least one of them well :p )

Yep, it shows the differences that, because of the rule changes, the car could show in 2012

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 11 Jan 2012, 12:39

Mar wrote:Understanding Italian would have helped you a little bit because of the similarities between both languages... but that's Spanish :) (I know, I know, too difficult to tell between both languages if you don't know at least one of them well :p )

Yep, it shows the differences that, because of the rule changes, the car could show in 2012
:lol: Now that you say it I feel :blush: :blush: I can distinguish spoken or even written Italian and Spanish but I didn't read more closely and there wasn't any sound in the video or my browser is broken. Also Giorgio Piola kind of sounded like Italian &doh

Anyway the car looks beautiful :)

Omegablue
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Location: Heart is in Italy. Body in South Africa. Mind on another planet.

Post by Omegablue » 11 Jan 2012, 12:46

http://formula1.elcomercio.es/noticias/ ... 20110.html

It's in Spanish, by the fans at Scuderia.net have translated it.

The Ferrari 'eagle' of Fernando Alonso
The 'Scuderia' works on the final assembly of the car in 2012, which will sport a distinctive nose, but whose main weapon is the new fund.

Ferrari wants to bury his image as soon as last year. 65 days left to go before the 2012 World start rolling through the streets of Melbourne, but no one stops. The 'Scuderia' has had to board a moving train that now leads Adrian Newey, chief designer of Red Bull. And while drivers, managers and media staff narrowed last night in the traditional ties 'stage' Station Alpine Madonna di Campiglio, in Maranello is counting down the hours to complete the assembly of the car 2012.
Red engineers have intensified work with the successor to the F150. And that despite the logistical problems encountered with various outside companies, which led to Luca Cordero di Montezemolo himself to intervene in the matter and removing them as suppliers threaten to not only Ferrari, but Fiat.
It is, in any case, to give, finally, a car champion Fernando, who in recent weeks has increased its presence in Maranello for a first approach to the new car, which have focused since May. The project 663 is different from previous ones. Basically because the shape of its design focus has been. Much more aggressive. Unfortunately, you will not know until February if the bet led by head coach, Pat Fry, is correct or not.
Can reign for some optimism. But if something generates new hope is to see the halls of the factory in Maranello to Rory Byrne. The South African architect of the seven crowns of Schumacher, but one day decided to leave his position as chief designer to deal with a diving school in Southeast Asia, has returned.
His figure as a man who takes risks and proposes solutions Adrian Newey risking style emerges, then, in the Ferrari family. And he does it big. His first creation, which must be the secret weapon of Ferrari in 2012, which will blow the car in fast corners and make more than half a second per lap, hurry the last time of production. Your new flat bottom will be tested this week in the CFD, which is nothing else than the computer simulation of a wind tunnel, the tunnel step real. But it will be ready for the first race.
The presentation, on day 2
Ferrari has been locked in his bunker to protect that formula to revitalize the car. For now, the 'Scuderia' wait for the February 2 to present publicly, via the Internet, the improvements has been shaped in a thousand locks on the huge factory in Maranello after working hours. And, day 7, released in Jerez. Possibly the hands of Felipe Massa.
Tests with the new Ferrari, which improves the time of his predecessor in the simulator (despite the prohibition of the exhaust blowers), remain shrouded in mystery. Little is known of the new 'creature'. Nobody knows how it will be fast until March 18 when run out of Pronatura and the first practice in Australia enact the reality.
La Gazzetta dello Sport 'has been advanced, in any case, some details of the project 663, whose birth has contributed to the pilot Fernando Alonso . His nose in the form of an eagle's beak is the main hallmark, even more than the pull-rod suspension type that Red Bull had opposed both in Maranello, but who have ultimately succumb. Engineers also have made ​​use of copy and paste and manage a cockpit similar to that of McLaren, with the pilot more lying, that sounds influenced by Pat Fry.
Brand new, yet despite the impossibility of speaking of surprises, the rear diffuser remains the great unknown to the grand prize, first, are many: new radiator more elongated, single exhaust and rear, under the new regulations, the revolutionary background plane, the aileron reediseño ...
But there is still much work to do because, so far, from what little is known, the car is apparently similar to last year. But only very apparent.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 11 Jan 2012, 12:50

reppo wrote: :lol: Now that you say it I feel :blush: :blush: I can distinguish spoken or even written Italian and Spanish but I didn't read more closely and there wasn't any sound in the video or my browser is broken. Also Giorgio Piola kind of sounded like Italian &doh

Anyway the car looks beautiful :)
No, don't worry, I know because of personal experience that it's really difficult to distinguish both languages for non-roman-language speaking people. My German friends keep insisting that Italians and Spaniards sing exactly the same way when talking :blink: It's like comparing a lullaby with heavy-metal! :roll::

And yes, you got that right, Giorgio Piola is an Italian journalist.

I admit, I don't like the way the new noses look like. I understand, though, that it is necessary. It's been pretty close already a few times during the last couple of seasons.

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 11 Jan 2012, 13:17

First of all, thanks omegablue.
Omegablue wrote:[...]His first creation, which must be the secret weapon of Ferrari in 2012, which will blow the car in fast corners and make more than half a second per lap, hurry the last time of production.[...]
So, what's that supposed to mean? It can't be EBD and I wonder if blowing exhaust gases anywhere else than the diffuser can produce that big an advantage...

Omegablue
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Omegablue » 11 Jan 2012, 13:28

Mar wrote:
reppo wrote: I admit, I don't like the way the new noses look like. I understand, though, that it is necessary. It's been pretty close already a few times during the last couple of seasons.
Again that can't be the new nose due to the rules of it being lower, and the wings narrower.

There are two conflicting stories on the net about the nose. One says it's eagle beak (Meaning it should arch down, right?), the other is flat across with the step.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jan 2012, 13:45

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 11 Jan 2012, 13:52

Omegablue wrote:
Mar wrote:
reppo wrote: I admit, I don't like the way the new noses look like. I understand, though, that it is necessary. It's been pretty close already a few times during the last couple of seasons.
Again that can't be the new nose due to the rules of it being lower, and the wings narrower.

There are two conflicting stories on the net about the nose. One says it's eagle beak (Meaning it should arch down, right?), the other is flat across with the step.
http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/10/2 ... gulations/

It's an interesting read.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 11 Jan 2012, 15:00

Ferrari is ready to copy Lotus
Ferrari awaits FIA decision on legality of Lotus's braking system
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96948
"We are waiting for the final confirmation if this kind of devices will be acceptable or not. But for sure we are looking around these sorts of devices to see if they contribute to a performance. But we need to wait and see what will be the reaction to the FIA on that."

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 11 Jan 2012, 15:07

And just after reading previous I read Lotus innovation is legal
Lotus's rivals set to be forced to copy innovative reactive ride height system
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96952
AUTOSPORT understands that Lotus has been in liaison with the FIA throughout the development of the brake system, having first been proposed in 2010 and been given an official green light by the governing as long ago as January last year.

Omegablue
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Omegablue » 11 Jan 2012, 15:22

MavF1 wrote:
Omegablue wrote:
Mar wrote:

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/10/2 ... gulations/

It's an interesting read.
Thanks for this. :cool:

Yeah, as the article concludes, there will be plenty of variation in design this year?
Really miss the car designs of 1989, 2000 to 2007. All so diverse and even the fugleys had an appeal.
The Ferraris and McLarens were just too beautiful then. Maybe it's just the porportioned wings of then that I can't let go of.

Omegablue
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Omegablue » 11 Jan 2012, 15:25

reppo wrote:Ferrari is ready to copy Lotus
"We are waiting for the final confirmation if this kind of devices will be acceptable or not. But for sure we are looking around these sorts of devices to see if they contribute to a performance. But we need to wait and see what will be the reaction to the FIA on that."
Well, if it does improve the ride, then why not? And not only Ferrari, everyone else will as well. :lol:

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 11 Jan 2012, 15:41

Omegablue wrote:
reppo wrote:Ferrari is ready to copy Lotus
Well, if it does improve the ride, then why not? And not only Ferrari, everyone else will as well. :lol:
Let's wait and see. As Renault's Front-exit-exhaust was revealed last year, journalists were all over the place saying that whoever wanted to win the championship would have to copy this solution...and we all know now that it caused the team more troubles than it brought an performance advantage.

Omegablue
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Omegablue » 11 Jan 2012, 16:33

Very true. Hopefully it won't give Lotus an early advantage like the diffuser did with Brawn. But if it does, then they also deserve it for being innovative. :cool:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jan 2012, 17:43

Italy reports Kubica has broken his leg when he slipped on a patch of ice. More soon.