http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 307861.stm
* Much smaller front and rear wings;
* A far greater proportion of the total downforce of the cars will be created by the underfloor, compared to the wings;
* A major reduction in the amount of total downforce created by the car;
* To achieve this, the underfloor of the cars will be shaped along its length to generate downforce for the first time since the 1982 season - currently cars have bottoms that are flat between the wheels;
* The average proportion of a lap that a driver is able to spend on full throttle to be cut from 70% in 2010 to 50% in 2013;
* Tyres will remain large and chunky to ensure cornering speeds remain high.
Should mean that cars will be trickier to drive and although lap times might be lower, drivers like Hamilton will be throwing the cars around.
Will Buxton reckons it'll be as fun as watching GP2 but with Turbos - Tilke tracks will be mega
I wish they would stop f*cking around for gods sake. ''smaller front wings'', they mean the specification we had just two years ago, which was CHANGED to encourage overtaken, only to change BACK!?
Correct me if im wrong, but this underfloor thing, will this be accompanied by the double diffuser which, created so much uproar and is again banned in 2011?
The aero reduction was suppose to come from the fact that all winglets, dumbo wings, devil wings etc were gone and the multi-tier front wings and their complexity. How simple do the want to do? Piece of MDF on the front at a 10 degree angle?
And they want a reduction of downforce, but they are allowing you to shape the floor of the car to CREATE downforce? is that not just taking off one area, giving to another?
Seriously, this is the most stupid idea in the world. We lost the beautiful sounding V10's, we have the semi-hairdryer high pitched sound of the V8's.... KERS makes the cars sound worse when they are bouncing off the limiter (they sound like mopeds sometimes). Theres no deep grunt in the engines no more.
Not bad to say they are cutting costs, theres a major rule change what, every 2 years now? 2009 was a full change, 2010 was full fuel tanks meaning longer cars and this and that IE repositioning of wingmirrors, F-duct (which is now banned), next year its a new tyre regulations and make, along with making way for KERS now, which thanks to the 107% rule and the fact that its reported the new teams from 2010 wont have KERS, will they not qualify in various cases?.
Its getting ridiculous. Just leave it as it is, its been the best year since at least 2006/2007 for racing.