GP Russia

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: GP Russia

Post by JoostLamers » 18 Oct 2010, 09:39

Silverstone needs the old track back, I miss bridge! :(
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 18 Oct 2010, 15:54

JoostLamers wrote:Silverstone needs the old track back, I miss bridge! :(

Bridge is okay but it was an acceleration point. Old Bridge. Now THAT was awesome.

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 19 Oct 2010, 13:45

Denorth wrote:1. To get to Turkey even Russian don't need do much - just something like $10-visa on arrival (and Russians need visas for majority of countries). For European to get to Russia... it is a very, very different story :lol:
2. Even these days (before Olympic games and F1) it is cheaper for Russians to go to Turkey, Bulgaria and even Western Europe for holidays (not even talking about service). It won't be cheap for Europeans to be there.

I mostly agree, but some remarks :O
Russia is big country, so for me (and I live in Moscow) it will be cheaper to go to Turkey, Hungary and even to Monaco, I think ))) But for some other people who live in that region it can be a good chance to visit a GP or for those who don't like to travel abroad.
I have 2 problems:
1) What races we will lost by 2014? It could be Turkey and China but to my mind there're good tracks, Valencia and Singapore are much worse but they rather will stay in the calendar.
2) I fear that Russian GP will be like Turkey – success in first year but then… who knows? I don't think we have so many F1 fans here which will spent a big amount of money every year.

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 19 Oct 2010, 17:51

I agree with you Lunna, of course for many Russian people it is a good chance to see F1 in real life (if the ticket price is good, of course). I am afraid that those guys will try to create 'Russian Monaco' with costs through the roof...

point 2 - you might be on something here.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi