Page 1 of 5

Stewards decisions | Ferrari could face FIA sanctions

Posted: 27 Jun 2010, 20:39
by RagingJamaican
The stewards decisions seem to get worse year by year, this year they are becoming way too lenient on decisions, handing out warnings and reprimands. Today we saw a 5 second penalty handed out to drivers after the race, whats 5s going to do? Drop you 2 positions at the worst? I also think giving penalties after the race is ridiculous unless the incident is near the end of the race. Giving the penalty after means that the team can limtate the damage and put in fastest laps and so on, so they hardly get the right punished. As we saw with Lewis Hamilton today, he got a penalty 20 laps later, this did not have much affect on his race.

My main point is, is that the penalties should be handed out immediately so it does the damage to the driver whose broken the rules race.

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 27 Jun 2010, 22:40
by dazmoffman
I understand the point uor trying to make but unfortunatly these decisions cant be n immediatly as i expect more than 1 person is involved plus many video angles need to be seen then the message needs to be re-laid to the team then to the driver.
And i too have no idea why a 5 sec penalty for speeding after the race sound like a dog sh!£ pudding to me? 5 secs is not a penalty.

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 27 Jun 2010, 22:45
by RagingJamaican
dazmoffman wrote:I understand the point uor trying to make but unfortunatly these decisions cant be n immediatly as i expect more than 1 person is involved plus many video angles need to be seen then the message needs to be re-laid to the team then to the driver.
And i too have no idea why a 5 sec penalty for speeding after the race sound like a dog sh!£ pudding to me? 5 secs is not a penalty.
20 laps which is probably half an hour, is way more than a lot of time considering how much technology they have.

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 27 Jun 2010, 23:16
by alex1369
well if Alonso didnt speak about it on team radio they wouldnt notice (maybe after race), so its stewarst fault for making the decisions very late when everything is over

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 00:12
by Ferrariman60
Just an interesting note of the time it takes for rulings to occur: I was watching the Red Bull Air Race in New York last weekend and their stewards could make rulings in seconds, even though the things they're judging (angle of wings, altitude, etc.) occur in literally fractions of seconds. If they can do that, why do F1 stewards take 30 mins+ (sometimes even days) to issue rulings?

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 00:14
by RagingJamaican
Ferrariman60 wrote:Just an interesting note of the time it takes for rulings to occur: I was watching the Red Bull Air Race in New York last weekend and their stewards could make rulings in seconds, even though the things they're judging (angle of wings, altitude, etc.) occur in literally fractions of seconds. If they can do that, why do F1 stewards take 30 mins+ (sometimes even days) to issue rulings?
Well said my main man ferrariman!

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 05:45
by f1freak
Ferrariman60 wrote:Just an interesting note of the time it takes for rulings to occur: I was watching the Red Bull Air Race in New York last weekend and their stewards could make rulings in seconds, even though the things they're judging (angle of wings, altitude, etc.) occur in literally fractions of seconds. If they can do that, why do F1 stewards take 30 mins+ (sometimes even days) to issue rulings?
Well Said.I totally agree with u. :thumbsup:

better penalized than not

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 09:21
by cacor
cant believe hamilton`s luck this time :<>:

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 09:23
by The Blur
Heinz Harald Frentzen. :p

Re: better penalized than not

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 13:59
by alex1369
cacor wrote:cant believe hamilton`s luck this time :<>:
:), well its the stewards fault, they took tooo long and then when they given him the penalty it was over, he made a nice gap and his race is saved, but i think if Alonso wasnt complaining on team radio then there might been even worse for Lucky Lonso, it was about time Lewis had some luck, Alonso had it in Australia when Webber smacked Hamilton out and in Barcelona when Lewis had tyre failure, and everyone was laughing at Lewis, and i can say look who is laughing now :lol: :lol:

but dont worry Alonso will come back - we are on half season , so anything can happen

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 14:07
by phil1993
Here is my take on it:

- Firstly, the Stewards have to take fault for a horrendous deployment of the Safety Car. It should pick up the leader, not the second place man so in that case, I think the stewards should have let Hamilton & Co go.
- Lewis Hamilton made a split second decision that was incorrect and he was right to be penalise
- Ferrari undoubtedly lost out
- However, the main point is with the time it took to deal with the situation. What goes around comes around. No Ferrari fans were complaining in 2008 when Hamilton was being penalised unfairly, now a penalty has not been as severe as many would like and the whingers come crawling out again. For me, Alonso has been lucky this year so Valencia was his dollop of bad luck (remember winning courtesy of Red Bull failure, being 4th in China thanks to the SC, 2nd in Spain thanks to Hamilton & Vettel failures)

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 14:22
by RagingJamaican
phil1993 wrote:Here is my take on it:

- Firstly, the Stewards have to take fault for a horrendous deployment of the Safety Car. It should pick up the leader, not the second place man so in that case, I think the stewards should have let Hamilton & Co go.
- Lewis Hamilton made a split second decision that was incorrect and he was right to be penalise
- Ferrari undoubtedly lost out
- However, the main point is with the time it took to deal with the situation. What goes around comes around. No Ferrari fans were complaining in 2008 when Hamilton was being penalised unfairly, now a penalty has not been as severe as many would like and the whingers come crawling out again. For me, Alonso has been lucky this year so Valencia was his dollop of bad luck (remember winning courtesy of Red Bull failure, being 4th in China thanks to the SC, 2nd in Spain thanks to Hamilton & Vettel failures)
They usually do let the leaders go by until the picked up the race leader.

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 14:27
by phil1993
Autosport have a good article on it on Autosport Plus. Basically saying that Ferrari are right to feel hard done by but have overstepped the line with their comments on the race being manipulated. The FIA acted rightly.

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 16:40
by The Blur
I might be slow, but was anymore action taken, after the drive-through penalty?

Re: Stewards and their ridiculous decisions

Posted: 28 Jun 2010, 16:41
by RagingJamaican
The Blur wrote:I might be slow, but was anymore action taken, after the drive-through penalty?
No there wasn't, and i don't see why there should be.