Stewards decisions | Ferrari could face FIA sanctions

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Which penalty do you think fitted for the race in Valencia today?

1) Yes for 5 second penalty
17%
2) No for 5 second penalty
No votes
3) Penalties should be handed out during the race
71%
4) Penalties should be investigated after the race
13%

Total votes: 24

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Stewards decisions | Ferrari could face FIA sanctions

Post by dazmoffman » 28 Jun 2010, 22:14

Ferrariman60 wrote:I am really displeased with the way Ferrari have handled themselves after this event. How many times did Michael Schumacher get away with things? He got a stop-go penalty at the 1998 British Grand Prix and served it at the end of the FINAL LAP and WON the race in the PITLANE! Ferrari should be ashamed by their behaviour, I know I am.
^^ very well said that man, some one get him a biscuit,

Liffonmelsmork
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Liffonmelsmork » 29 Jun 2010, 00:16

Ferrariman60 wrote:How many times did Michael Schumacher get away with things? He got a stop-go penalty at the 1998 British Grand Prix and served it at the end of the FINAL LAP and WON the race in the PITLANE!
That wasn't really Ferrari's fault though, they were given mixed messages from the stewards as to what kind of penalty they'd awarded Schumacher (if I remember right). And it was very late in the race, so the team had to make a decision. It still made the sport look stupid, but it was the stewards' fault. Well techically it was Schumacher's fault. But it should've been handled better.

Remember kids; respect them yellow flags. :thumbsup:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Jun 2010, 07:20

The FIA should look at the backmarkers (Glock and Senna) they held up the first 4 drivers. They were ignoring blue flags more than once and I know Hamilton lost 2.1s, Vettel lost about 3s I think, and Kobayashi and Button lost the most. They were behaving like children and they were only thinking about themselves, while the big boys were fighting for the top spots. They should get at least a reprimande, but IMO they should be given grid penalty's for Silverstone
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 29 Jun 2010, 08:58

I'm rather dismayed (as a Ferrari fan) at Ferrari's (over)reaction to this incident, and other incidents in the recent past. Lately they've come across as a bunch of toddlers chucking a tantrum in the middle of the supermarket because they didn't get a treat, and I do apologise to any toddlers that I may have offended with this post.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 29 Jun 2010, 09:04

Can someone enlighten me here?

All these accusations thrown at FIA, do they lead to them taking some action or not?

If so, is there a chance that Ferrari gets some punishment if they are proved to be false accusations?

Honestly, I don't know how these things work, when they look into things and when not.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 29 Jun 2010, 11:32

I just read that the FIA will not take action against Ferrari. So it looks like they get away with it, this time.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Jun 2010, 16:37

I thought about getting irritated with Ferrari and then saw this:

McLaren - 248
Ferrari - 165

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 29 Jun 2010, 17:38

phil1993 wrote:I thought about getting irritated with Ferrari and then saw this:

McLaren - 248
Ferrari - 165
well Massa picks up little points compared to Alonso, but Mclaren duo always in top 5 or 3

The Blur
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by The Blur » 29 Jun 2010, 18:26

alex1369 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:I thought about getting irritated with Ferrari and then saw this:

McLaren - 248
Ferrari - 165
well Massa picks up little points compared to Alonso, but Mclaren duo always in top 5 or 3
Yeah, although for the last few races Button has been far off the pace & get's lucky with a safety car or some incident propels him into a podium position.
Proud Kubica fan!

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Jun 2010, 18:43

Hamilton: "It's not my fault Alonso gets overtaken by a Sauber"

:lol:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 29 Jun 2010, 20:31

JoostLamers wrote:Hamilton: "It's not my fault Alonso gets overtaken by a Sauber"

:lol:
Could be worse. I remember Alonso being overtaken by a Super Aguri at Montreal. :p

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 29 Jun 2010, 20:36

The more I look at the replay the more convinced I am that Hamilton deliberately slowed down Alonso to try and gethim stuck behind the safety car while staying ahead of it himself. Just an opinion, please don't shoot me.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 29 Jun 2010, 21:04

Maybe. But I don't think he did. The timing crossing the safetycarline was so marginal that I think it would be impossible to get it timed well. Coming out of turn one he was definitly slowing down a bit. Probably on the radio with the team asking what to do.

So it could be the case that Alonso missed the SC-line, because Hamilton slowed down. But I don't think he did it deliberatly.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 Jun 2010, 06:40

R.? wrote:Maybe. But I don't think he did. The timing crossing the safetycarline was so marginal that I think it would be impossible to get it timed well. Coming out of turn one he was definitly slowing down a bit. Probably on the radio with the team asking what to do.

So it could be the case that Alonso missed the SC-line, because Hamilton slowed down. But I don't think he did it deliberatly.
Me neither and from the beginning it sounded like the whole thing was blown out of proportions. It's not the first time stewards take time before giving a penalty, it happens all along.

It just sounds like paranoia that the whole organisation would be working against Alonso which is quite ridiculous when thinking how lucky he has been this season alone - thanks to the SC.

And apparently Ferrari objects to rules FIA makes as soon as they don't work in their advantage and it is starting to sound like FIA should adjust to Ferrari's wishes and not the other way around. Sorry for this opinion :blush:

Now it has already been cleared up that it was not a manipulation towards Alonso, it had something to do with the medical car going out on the track which delayed the SC.

But from the beginning it was ridiculous to hear that FIA manipulated the race - just because Alonso didn't benefit from the SC :zz:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL