Funny phrases from F1-drivers

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Funny phrases from F1-drivers

Post by Wolfie » 22 May 2010, 21:41

Compliments to Saara for most of these :shhh:

Does anyone else remember any other phrases? It would be great to read them so please add them here :pray:

Massa: My contract doesn't say anything about me being driver number 2.

Massa: But they are best friends. (Alonso andHamilton)

Coulthard: That's what happens when fat people start working out. (About Montoya's "tennis"-accident)

Louise Goodman: Have you been practicing using the pit lane speed limiter button this week?
David Coulthard: Yeah, I've pretended it was your nipples and gave it a gentle tweak.

Coulthard: I still remember those twins from Argentina when we raced there. It was a happy year. (when asked about the happiest season)

Reporter: Why does Michael's helmet have a strange shape?
Irvine: He is German, his head has a strange shape.

Irvine: I don't want to blame anyone but this what certainly not my fault. (after colliding with Fisichella)

Eddie Jordan asks Irvine to be photographed.
Eddie: Do I have to? Give some idiot my helmet and nobody will know the difference.

Barrichello: The only thing I said to Felipe was that he shouldn't use the bathroom upstairs in the motorhome because I had some problems there. (advice to Massa in 2006)

Alonso: Oh no, I have Flavio on the radio. (when asked if he ever is close to falling asleep during a race)

Alonso: "Like I said earlier, in order to get a good show we could all pick a number and the one who gets number 15 will have to put on wet tyres or something like that. It's a better show and funny. It isn't funny this way."

Alonso: Renault respects me completely. The new parts are first put in my car and after that in Nelsinho's car.

Alonso: This year (2008) it's nice to drive because you don't have to stress about all the small things in the world. If the wind turns from Saturday to Sunday or if a competitor comes in one lap earlier it's all the same this year.

Alonso: I am happy that Räikkönen won the WDC because he is a good driver and I have never had any problems with him.

Alonso: I didn't win anything in school. Studying is not my thing.

Alonso: Lewis brought new ideas last season. It's always possible to learn something new.

Alonso: I suffered in McLaren maybe one tenth of what was written about it. They talked and wrote way too much about my things.

Alonso: That doesn't really interest me. It isn't important to me at the moment and I'm really not interested in what others say. (answer to Dennis statement that he misses Alonso)

Alonso: They call me a dog but nobody is running to help me for that. (after the racism towards Hamilton and measures taken because of it)

Fisichella: (about Alonso) Why would I miss him, it's not like he is my girlfriend.

Alex Wurz about his children who all were born prematurely: They all took a jumpstart but didn't get penalised.

Jackie Stewart: Lewis Hamilton is the best thing ever since sliced bread.

Damon Hill: Winning is everything. The only one who remembers you coming in second are your wife and your dog.

Briatore: KERS is best suited as an anchor in the sea.

Piquet jr: When it came to me there wasn't much to cut from my salary. (about Renault's salary cuts)

Piquet jr: I can't lose anymore weight. I'm simply bigger than Fernando.

Montezemolo: I brought along a monk's cowl to get everyone to understand that we have to go forward with humility. I also made it clear that I don't want to see us on television in funny programs after each race. (in a crisis meeting)

Montezemolo: The car looks quite disgusting, small and repulsive. (about F-60)

Mansell: The teams' biggest problem (with no diffuser) is that they didn't come up with the solution. Others got caught with their pants in their ankles and they didn't like that.

Hamilton: When you are the last car, the situation can't at least get any worse.

Hamilton: Alonso showed me how a F1-driver is not supposed to behave.

Hamilton: Fernando and I got along perfectly. It's a shame that he isn't in McLaren anymore.

Hamilton: This is the best feeling I've ever experienced. You can't compare that to sex. But you know, I'd say this is even better than sex. Absolutely! (after his first GP-victory)

Räikkönen: (to the above) Maybe he has never had sex?

Button: So what if the season is over after only nine races. Then we eat ice cream and chill out for the rest of the season.

Klien: A sexy car, isn't it? As a matter of fact it's the ugliest F1-car I've ever seen. (about the 2009 car)

Rosberg jr: Weekends with my girlfriend are nice but anything but relaxing. We always have to do something, shopping, go to lunches and dinners.

Ecclestone: If I would remove Silverstone from the calendar they would see me as a bad guy but that wouldn't bother me.

Ecclestone: Nobody, who doesn't speak English, is worth talking to.

Ecclestone: The best thing that can happen in sport is that we have a superstar. In soccer you can always write about Beckham as well as Rooney or Hooney or what the hell his name is again.

Ecclestone: They want to build new circuits around the world and they tell me that 'we will come to Silverstone and see how it should be done' and I tell them to stay away.

Kubica: s*** happens. What can I say? (About his collision with Nakajima in Melbourne)

Montoya: He was like nothing would have happened. It was absolutely hilarious. (about Mosley's sex scandal)

Kovalainen: It's easy when daddy pays. (when Nico took a private training trip to Hungary in 2005)

Kovalainen: From those times when I didn't yet follow F1, I remember Alén, Vatanen, Salonen, Kankkunen... and now later on Loebinen and Sordonen.

Kovalainen: I always belived that I can drive well. I only hoped it would have happened before I got sacked. (about his Renault-season)

Kovalainen: When remembering how I put my car in the wall twice in Canada I've come pretty far.

Kovalainen: If you are going to win the WDC you have to take down all your competitors. You can't fear anyone of them.

Kovalainen: They are a bit more serious in McLaren, there's less rockn' roll in the air. In Renault the music was always really loud and Flavio was stepping as the showman.

Kovalainen: No magic tricks or national anthems help in winning Hamilton.

Kovalainen: I can't change the situation by showing my face.

Räikkönen: Oh, it has been changed (quali-regulation)? I didn't know anything about it.

Brawn: These are the worst looking team clothes that I have ever used. (Brawn GP)

Häkkinen - "Black Goodyears" (when asked what kind of tyres Mika will use in the race next day)

Journalist: This must be the best day of your life? (After his first Grand Prix win)
Vettel: You obviously weren’t there when I lost my virginity.

Montoya: "f**k**g Raikkonen! What a f**k**g idiot!!" Belgium 2002

Montoya: (to cameraman) "You broke my f**k**g head"

Alain Prost: "Does it scare me, driving into nothing at 300kph? - Of course it does - I'm not an idiot..."

Coulthard: "Racing drivers have b***, unfortunately none of them are crystal"

Barrichello "i'm struggling like a pig"

Button: F1 won't change me. (a week before he broke up with his girlfriend and bought a Ferrari)

Toyota team radio: Jarno, we need you to push to get close to Rosberg.
Trulli: Don't worry, I'm pushing like hell!

David Coulthard: I drove for seven years in Mclaren which is more than an average marriage lasts. People would be surprised if they knew what we talked about during the journey.

Heikki Kovalainen after season 2009: "I'm not going to any small team. That's for sure."

Jean Alesi: Driving through Eau Rouge with the foot on the pedal is a great feeling, like an orgasm.
Mika Häkkinen commented: Alesi must have shitted in his pants and is confusing these two different feelings.

Ecclestone: "Women should wear white just like all the house machines."
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Funny phrases from F1-drivers

Post by cformula1 » 23 May 2010, 14:40

Nice collection Wolfie :)

I'll add some more:

Interviewer:
Just a moment ago when you got out of the car, was there a major problem there?
David Coulthard:
No, not at all, I was told I had an interview with you guys, and that obviously takes priority over doing laps on the circuit.
---
"Dave, what do you think happened there, steering failure?" -Rick DeBruhl
"No, looks like a brain failure..." -David Hobbs

Commentating during one of Alex Yoong's spins during a free practice at the US GP at Indy.
---
"Guys, I'm coming in, I'm having have too much grip!"

That was Chanoch Nissany in the practise session of the 2005 Hungarian Grand Prix. He was in a Minardi. Somehow he was 13 seconds slower then the fastest that day.
---
Australia 1995
On Thursday evening Irvine was having a drink with some friends in the hotel bar. Schumacher came in and Eddie invited him to join them.
Eddie: "Michael, come and have a drink with us!"
M Schumacher: "No thanks, I don't drink alcohol, I simply can't."
Eddie's reply: "Why? Are you pregnant?"
---
"This is truly the greatest achievement in motorsport" - Senna about Monaco 1992 qualis (Robert Moreno qualified in Andrea Moda for the race)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 May 2010, 18:55

Great phrases Cformula1, thanks :shhh:

This one cracked me up:

Australia 1995
On Thursday evening Irvine was having a drink with some friends in the hotel bar. Schumacher came in and Eddie invited him to join them.
Eddie: "Michael, come and have a drink with us!"
M Schumacher: "No thanks, I don't drink alcohol, I simply can't."
Eddie's reply: "Why? Are you pregnant?"

:lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 25 May 2010, 11:59

Bahrain 2005:
Reporter: David, can you explain what kind of vest this is? (coolvest)
Coulthard: Yeah, it's a bulletproof vest. You know, when I get interviewed by you, people might want to shoot you and I don't want to catch the bullet instead.

Australia 2008:
Coulthard and Massa collided at turn one.
Coulthard: When I had my accident last year, I took responsibility. I expect Felipe to do the same. If he doesn't, I'm gonna kick the sh*t out of that little basterd.

Hungary 2002:
Olav Mol (Dutch commentator) talks to Irvine about young and talented drivers like Raikkonen.
Mol: Do you also look for young boys? Talented boys?
Irvine: No. I don't look for young boys. Pervert.

andrebires
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by andrebires » 25 Jun 2010, 01:18

Nelson Piquet Sr. is the master of funny phrases. Bellow some examples (freely translated):

"Mansell is a jerk."

"Mansell has the two ugliest women in Formula 1." (About Mansell's wife and a statue of his wife that he had made and placed in the home garden)

"His business is big boys. I never saw him with a woman." (About Senna)

"The Indy is a toy for old pensioner like me."

"At Lotus, Ayrton earned less than half of what was always saying. I know because I read his contract."

"Being world champion does not change anything in your life, you wake up hungry the next day with a stomachache, fart ..."

"Reporter - So Piquet, will you race to win? Piquet - No, I'll run to get 9th."

"Reporter - Piquet, I guess you did not expect this win, right? Piquet - not really, I expected everyone to crash on the first corner."

"Mansell is the biggest idiot I have ever seen." (Again about Nigel Mansell)

The Blur
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by The Blur » 25 Jun 2010, 01:24

Coulthard pit radio @ Canada 2007 -

''David, David, how is the car?''
''Not good, doesn't turn, doesn't stop, no traction''
''Apart from that, it's great, having lots of fun''

Proud Kubica fan!

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 25 Jun 2010, 09:44

Montoya almost collided with Raikkonen at free practice at Spa 2002.
Montoya: F*cking, f*cking Raikkonen! What a f*cking idot!
Patrick Head: Stop transmitting, you stupid basterd!

Free practice at Austria in 2002 was red flagged.
Team: Juan, red flag, red flag. A deer on the circuit.
Montoya: A deer?
Team: Yes a deer. You know, like a horse with horns.
Montoya: Oh, a deer. Hahahaha! Oh, dear!

Fisichella and Irvine collided at turn one in Barcelona. Reporters interviewd him when he came back.
Reporter: What did you say to Fisichella?
Irvine: Out of my way, little boy!

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by coup » 25 Jun 2010, 12:05

One of my favorites is david coulthard explaining his hand signals to schumacher at magny cours in 2003, saying that it was to tell michael that he will pass him in 1 lap :lol:

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 25 Jun 2010, 12:24

Hahaha excellent wolfie. How about this one?

Massa: "I cannot see! I need a WHITE VISOR! WHITE VISOR! Otherwise i cannot see!"

Rob Smedley: "Felipe baby cool down, we are getting you a white visor we are in a good position here ok?"

After the incident when Massa get interviewed he says:

"I don't fweel wike a baby"

Kimi Raikkonen: "I was having a sheeet!" - Brazil 06

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 26 Jun 2010, 23:34

Coulthard got off the speedlimiter too early at Europe 2005. It cost him third place. He gets interviewd about it by Louis Goodman. A female reporter for ITV.
Goodman: Have you practiced with that button? To prevent what happend last week?
Coulthard: Yeah, I imagined it was your nippel, so I take my finger off gently.

Sladex
car driver
car driver

Post by Sladex » 27 Jun 2010, 05:45

Jenson Button: I'd like to spend a little bit more time... in her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYmzbtMsLD4 2:50

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier