It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 22:56

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 96  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 19:54  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 15:17
Posts: 1183
Location: Oxford
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
The new adjustable rear wing in action (from about 20s onwards)


_________________
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 11:47  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Mercedes takes full control of the Mercedes F1 Team as they buy the remaining 24.9% of Brawn

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 13:11  
kart driver
User avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 17:41
Posts: 91
I payed for the autosport live feed. Would it be ok to post the feed in these forums in case anyone wants a read?
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 13:32  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Here's the #3 on the MP4-25
Image

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 13:39  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2008, 01:13
Posts: 1216
Country: Croatia (hr)
The #3 is good, but old car :( - but that will change in 2 days...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 14:14  
kart driver
User avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 17:41
Posts: 91
This is most probably been posted but has anyone got a list to the F1 twitter's?
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 17:12  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
New video from Vodafone

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 17:32  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
nano1alonso wrote:
This is most probably been posted but has anyone got a list to the F1 twitter's?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4645&p=121753&hilit=twitter#p121753

:thumbsup:

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 19:05  
kart driver
User avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 17:41
Posts: 91
JoostLamers wrote:
nano1alonso wrote:
This is most probably been posted but has anyone got a list to the F1 twitter's?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4645&p=121753&hilit=twitter#p121753

:thumbsup:


Thank you.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 11:19  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Mike Gascoyne blasts boring tracks
site/f1-news/gascoyne-blasts-boring-tracks/2011/02/03/827/

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 11:49  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Oh dear

Quote:
Sources have revealed that the FIA's current plan is for the overtaking zone - where the moveable wing will be made active in races - to be the final 600 metres of a track's main straight.

A driver pursuing a rival will only be able to activate his wing there if he is within one-second of the car ahead of him at a timing zone that will be set-up in the braking area for the corner before that main straight.

The FIA believes that the 600-metre passing zone is the right length to ensure that overtaking is possible – but is also not too easy. Early simulation data suggests that this length of track will result in a speed differential between cars of between 10-12 km/h depending on car design.

To help Formula 1 fans and television commentators understand the implementation of the rules better, lines will be painted on the track to mark out the overtaking and timing zone.

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 14:11  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 20:19
Posts: 863
Location: Russian expat in UK
on russians web-sites there is info that Marussia-Virgin will be under Russian licence and under Russian flag. Official statement is expected on Monday, 7th February.

... Midland F1, any one?

_________________
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 14:16  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
2009 - Manor Grand Prix
2010 - Virgin Racing
2011 - Marussia Virgin Racing
2012 - ? :p

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 19:18  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 15:17
Posts: 1183
Location: Oxford
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
phil1993 wrote:
Oh dear

Quote:
Sources have revealed that the FIA's current plan is for the overtaking zone - where the moveable wing will be made active in races - to be the final 600 metres of a track's main straight.

A driver pursuing a rival will only be able to activate his wing there if he is within one-second of the car ahead of him at a timing zone that will be set-up in the braking area for the corner before that main straight.

The FIA believes that the 600-metre passing zone is the right length to ensure that overtaking is possible – but is also not too easy. Early simulation data suggests that this length of track will result in a speed differential between cars of between 10-12 km/h depending on car design.

To help Formula 1 fans and television commentators understand the implementation of the rules better, lines will be painted on the track to mark out the overtaking and timing zone.

Yeah I read that zone plan a few weeks ago.

It's stupid.
If you're going to add a feature to help people overtake, why not let them use it where ever they like?
Having a zone with a start and end line just overcomplicates things.

_________________
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 07:27  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Posts: 5234
Location: India
Country: India (in)
Kevin Clark wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Oh dear

Quote:
Sources have revealed that the FIA's current plan is for the overtaking zone - where the moveable wing will be made active in races - to be the final 600 metres of a track's main straight.

A driver pursuing a rival will only be able to activate his wing there if he is within one-second of the car ahead of him at a timing zone that will be set-up in the braking area for the corner before that main straight.

The FIA believes that the 600-metre passing zone is the right length to ensure that overtaking is possible – but is also not too easy. Early simulation data suggests that this length of track will result in a speed differential between cars of between 10-12 km/h depending on car design.

To help Formula 1 fans and television commentators understand the implementation of the rules better, lines will be painted on the track to mark out the overtaking and timing zone.

Yeah I read that zone plan a few weeks ago.

It's stupid.
If you're going to add a feature to help people overtake, why not let them use it where ever they like?
Having a zone with a start and end line just overcomplicates things.


yeah! atleast they should try it for sometime

_________________
Image
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 96  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB