2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Post by phil1993 » 09 Dec 2010, 16:47

Force India should take Hulk.

With the Lotus scenario, when this goes to court it'll be Glotus against Fernandes. If Glotus lose then they'll lose the name, go with the Proton banner and lose a lot of money. I hope Fernandes wins

McLaren woops.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Dec 2010, 18:15

Horner :lol:

'[At the Autosport awards], Horner asked Steve Rider [on the stage], "What was the question, I'm used to dealing with EJ, not pros like you, Steve"
Jordan was unflustered
"Delighted to see Christian Horner here" he said. "I'm just wondering why Helmut Marko, who everyone knows is the one who makes the ultimate decisions, didn't come?"
Horner 1, Jordan 1'

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 09 Dec 2010, 18:36

In an interview with Gerard Lopez, he said Petrov is undergopiing an operation... Any idea what operation it is??

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 09 Dec 2010, 20:57

sdutt wrote:In an interview with Gerard Lopez, he said Petrov is undergopiing an operation... Any idea what operation it is??
the most popular version on Russian forums - laser correction of eyesight in Berlin

Nothing in news.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Dec 2010, 12:52

HRT are up for sale

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 10 Dec 2010, 13:14

phil1993 wrote:HRT are up for sale
This is the piece of news:
http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/hispan ... imot_1/Tes

I have done a fast translation (sorry for the mistakes, my written English is crappy).
Hispania has put his team up for sale
Due to the lack of viability of the project
The Spanish team is in a delicate situation after braking up with Toyota: they have no car, no headquarters, no drivers, no sponsors, just the Cosworth engine. Selling their rights is their only chance.

There’s little hope for Hispania. The Spanish Formula 1 team is failing to solve the problems hampering the development of the project, therefore José Ramón Carabante, its owner, as well as his shareholder partners have put the team on sale as the only chance to get out of this delicate situation.

The arrival of Juan Villalonga to the shareholders has helped to revive the negotiations to sell the rights of the team for the Grand Prix, contacting different groups of investors, mainly from the U.S. (including a leader company in new technologies) and South America. At the moment, none of the negotiations has materialized, but it is evident that if Carabante finds a buyer he will get rid of the team. The Malaga-born businessman has invested a portion of his assets (some sources say about twenty million euros) to make a success of Hispania, since he was confident that the situation would be more favorable in 2011 and the team would have a future. But far from being the case, the situation is even more complicated, especially since Toyota decided to, unilaterally, terminate the negotiations for the sale of their cars and facilities after HRT didn’t meet the economic demands on time.

So now, Hispania has no car (only Cosworth engines), no drivers, no headquarters and no sponsors. In such an adverse context, selling the team seems to be the only possible alternative.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Dec 2010, 13:18

HRT are hopeless. I liked them at the start of the season but I don't now. They should sell up to someone who not only wants to succeed in Formula One, but actually has the ability to do so.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Dec 2010, 14:54

HRT have denied a report in today's As newspaper that Carabante has put the team up for sale/

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 10 Dec 2010, 15:39

What do you mean HRT doesn't have a car? Here's the latest spy shot...
Spoiler:

:lol:
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Dec 2010, 15:48

Rule changes from 2011
FIA wrote: The WMSC approved the introduction of a new specification engine from 2013, underlining the FIA’s commitment to improving sustainability and addressing the needs of the automotive industry. Following dialogue with the engine manufacturers and experts in this field, the power units will be four cylinders, 1.6 litre with high pressure gasoline injection up to 500 bar with a maximum of 12,000 rpm.

The engines will deliver a 35% reduction in fuel consumption and will feature extensive energy management and energy recovery systems, while maintaining current levels of performance. In 2013, five engines will be permitted per driver, but each year after that the limit will be four.

A number of changes were made to the Sporting and Technical Regulations for 2011, including:

- The article forbidding team orders (39.1) is deleted. Teams will be reminded that any actions liable to bring the sport into disrepute are dealt with under Article 151c of the International Sporting Code and any other relevant provisions
- Amendments to the list of penalties Stewards are permitted to apply
- Revisions to driving and driver conduct
- A limit on the width of the fast lane in the pits
- The introduction of a regulation permitting the Race Director to close the pit lane during a race for safety reasons
- The re-introduction of intermediate tyres for 2011
- Penalties to be applied to any driver who fails to use both specification of dry weather tyre during the race
- An amendment requiring gearboxes to be used for five consecutive races, instead of four
- Clarification on when cars can overtake the safety car
- A refinement to the principles of the regulations already agreed concerning moveable rear wings
- A better definition of the reference plane, and reinforcement of bodywork deflection tests, especially at the front of the reference plane
- The allowance for anti-intrusion panels to protect drivers’ legs

Amendments to the 2012 Technical Regulations were made in the following areas:

- Team communications will be made available to broadcasters
- The inclusion of fuel compounds produced from biomass
- A limitation on suspension uprights
FIA Gala takes place tonight as well. Adam Cooper says Team Lotus has not been asked to change its name.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 Dec 2010, 17:15

Banning team orders was the most rational thing to do given the difficulty enforcing teams about the orders. This ban had come in force after a Ferrari farce and lifted following yet again a Ferrari farce. Poetic justice, I believe. But still, there is some risk involved about how to manage so called "actions liable to bring the sport into disrepute." This is a so vague point that any team order could be regarded as such. I mean, what will be the redline? Austria 2002? Germany 2010? Decision to lift the ban is a solution but I sense it could create more problems that it'd resolve.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 10 Dec 2010, 18:16

I'm afraid that F1 after 2013 will not be the fastest sport any more considering the engine changes :blink:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 Dec 2010, 20:24

Vorull wrote:I'm afraid that F1 after 2013 will not be the fastest sport any more considering the engine changes :blink:
Power will be at the same level, say 750bhp, albeit some of it will be augmented by KERS or other sources available. Given that engine will be lighter, cars may be even quicker.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 10 Dec 2010, 20:36

http://en.espnf1.com/renault/motorsport ... 36172.html

Looks who is ruing Petrov's inconstistency. Someone whose antics once propped Martin Brundle to say he was "quite capable of crashing out twice in two laps".