It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 11:49

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 03:00  
F1 Routinier

phil1993 wrote:
Virgin are in a real mess though. They're a team who prides themselves on operating on a low budget, but the fact is that there is this public duel between Fernandes and Branson. Fernandes seems to have done everything right and Lotus are almost into Q2 on merit and fighting with the lower end of the midfield. Virgin has a car that looks woeful and a rookie driver who came with cash. Liuzzi will outqualify d'Ambrosio pretty soon unless Virgin gets a move on. Branson isn't going to pour £40m/year or whatever their budget is for much longer if they're running at the back. Same with Marussia.

actually in race D'Ambrosio seems quite decent. Lets see how it goes

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 12:12  
F1 Champion

Hamilton overtakes Clark
Spoiler:
He may have endured a torrid time at the Malaysian Grand Prix, but the weekend saw McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton surpass Jim Clark's record for the most races with one team only in a Formula One career.

Clark is rightly remembered as a Formula One legend, a double world champion with a phenomenal record of 25 wins and 33 pole positions in just 72 grands prix – all with Lotus prior to his death at the age of just 32 in an F2 race at Hockenheim in 1968.

Lewis Hamilton, who has so far spent all of his career with McLaren since his debut in 2007, has now competed in 73 grands prix with the team that has nurtured him since the age of 13.

There remains plenty of time for the Hamilton to fly the McLaren nest but for now it seems loyalty is at the forefront of his mind and the 26-year-old will no doubt take inspiration from Clark as he bids to reinvigorate his season in China this weekend.

"I've been told by someone on the team that of all the drivers in Formula One to have only driven for one team, I'm now the driver who's raced in the most grands prix," Hamilton said.

"I'm told Jim Clark drove 72 races for Lotus, and Malaysia was my 73rd with McLaren. It makes me feel very humble. I never saw Jim Clark race, but I know he'll always be remembered as one of the greats, and as a loyal Lotus driver.

Post subject: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 13:42  
kart driver

Little bit of topic, but is it possible that ecclestone lose position in F1. It says: The German state prosecutor has questioned the F1 mogul Bernie Ecclestone on alleged fraud case. The case concernes the sales of the Formula 1 commercial rights back in 2006 and alleged payments of $50 million by Ecclestone to the German bank in question. German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitungreports that Ecclestone visited Munich on 6th of April, and he was questioned on suspicion of "abetting fraud". As the British turned out to be cooperative, the prosecutor refrained from drawing up an arrest warrant. In english is here also.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 14:53  

New tyre colour markings coming from the Turkey race onwards.

I'm guessing they might go for bolder stripes so you can tell the tyre types more easily.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 23:03  
F1 Driver

Kevin Clark wrote:
New tyre colour markings coming from the Turkey race onwards.

I'm guessing they might go for bolder stripes so you can tell the tyre types more easily.

They should ! With Bridgestone it was easy to spot the diff between Prime & Option .. With Pirelli its almost impossible unless the camera zooms in on the vehicle ..
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 13:38  

Q&A with Robert Kubica
http://www.lotusrenaultgp.com/4752-Robe ... -fans.html

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 14:34  
GP2 Driver

Very positive news :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 15:32  
F1 Routinier

yes, nice to hear that :)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 17:10  
F1 Rookie

great news about robert. good to see he is recovering well.

thank you for the info phil1993
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 07:20  
F1 Driver

Well, I think this is it. No Turkish GP from 2012. Bernie wants 26 million dollars, whereas Turkey has been paying 13,5 million dollars, hence the clash and disagreement. This is semi-official: :fear:

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... 5205445%2F

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 07:40  

Not surprising. It has such a poor attendance, which is a shame for such a magnificent circuit layout.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22042011/ ... -2012.html

Its Joost Verstappen, I mean Jos Verstappen
site/vettels-victory-finger-annoying-verstappen/6515/

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 08:48  
F1 Champion

:lol:

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 09:33  
F1 Legend

Ali wrote:
Well, I think this is it. No Turkish GP from 2012. Bernie wants 26 million dollars, whereas Turkey has been paying 13,5 million dollars, hence the clash and disagreement. This is semi-official: :fear:

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... 5205445%2F

Oh that's bad, I like Turkey (You know why Ali :n ) I might go to this GP after all. Waiting for the final decision.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 12:16  
F1 Routinier

It would be sad to see Turkey gone, it often provides good racing and it's disappointing to see that money could be it's downfall.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 07:37  
Kart Champion

Quote:
As we learned from medical bulletin from Santa Corona hospital in Pietra Ligure, Robert Kubica, who has beenthere since 6 February, left facility today. Pole`s condition was defined as good and he is able to initiate nextphase of rehabilitation. Robert probably went to his home in Monaco, where with his family he will spend Easter.

Bulletin was published on Saturday evening. It said that facility and its doctors will be in touch with Robert and his doctors.

In an interview from Thursday, Kubica said that probably in next 10 days he will leave the Italian hospital. Nobody expected, however, that it wil happen so quickly. Robert output was organized very well, and the Pole, probably was transported in a wheelchair to a car or helicopter. We look forward to more details about this event, they should appear tomorrow.

A few days ago the doctors informed that Pole is allowed to leave the hospital, because his condition is good enought. Robert said that after leaving the facility he will rest in his house in Monaco and then he will go to Riccardo Ceccarelli clinic.

Out of the hospital means a breakthrough in the treatment. Maybe differend scenery will give Kubica more energy.

We have to thank to Santa Corona hospital in Pietra Ligure for the excellent care they have about Robert.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 96  Next