2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Post by sdutt » 26 May 2011, 15:06

MavF1 wrote:
shailf1 wrote:
sdutt wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:Why a laser?
thats because once the laser detects the tyre (or car), then it automatically gets the car to stop. It works on same principal as the hand sanitizer preasent in restrooms.
But I don't think it is allowed for the teams to directly control the car in any way. Remember all the fuss about the drivers having to operate the f duct manually last year.
I would assume sdutt was joking.
Read this: http://allautoracing.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -help.html
Seems to be a reasonable explanation to me.
Nah! It was my interpretation of the thing

Edi96
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Edi96 » 27 May 2011, 13:44

Team Lotus has won the court case.
Tony Fernandes: We won. I'm over the moon. Team lotus belongs to us. Our chasis name stays lotus. No one can use the chasis name. We are the only lotus. Team lotus

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 27 May 2011, 14:16

Both sides claim victory in Lotus naming dispute

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news ... g-dispute/

Mondello
car driver
car driver

Post by Mondello » 27 May 2011, 14:19

great, they both think they won, and Group Lotus will appeal, which is then subject to counter-appeal, looks like the saga is going to continue for some time yet
http://www.thef1slate.com/- see what the drivers "really" think

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 28 May 2011, 00:26

Indian gp might be shifted to dec 11th (not 4th) in order to allow for 2 week break.

I am totally against it. Bahrain lost their chance and it should just be cancelled IMO. Sad to see Bernie's lack of thought for F1 staff members

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 May 2011, 08:14

Jamesallenonf1 #f1 Eric Lux is here and he told me his side of the Sutil story, with photos from his cameraphone. Much worse injury than I had imagined

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 28 May 2011, 08:25

sdutt wrote:Indian gp might be shifted to dec 11th (not 4th) in order to allow for 2 week break.

I am totally against it. Bahrain lost their chance and it should just be cancelled IMO. Sad to see Bernie's lack of thought for F1 staff members
Really? I mean, Really? The us GP had its sham and farce of a grand prix in 2005 didnt they? That should have been cancelled.

bahrain deserves a grand prix. Its a damn good race and a really good, technical track. Why should they be denied a grand prix because of political instability? Should korea have had their race pulled because they werent fully ready for their deadline? No. Another race, is great for the F1 calendar. I want bahrain back, and I missed bahrain because I do enjoy that race.

And lack of thought for F1 staff members? Lets be honest, they are in the worlds most desirable motorsport, they have their month off in august, they have what, month and a half off in december/january alot of them. Its not like normal people who have 5 weeks holiday in a year and thats it, 6 day working week, alot in a job thats no way near as fun, entertaining or as brilliant as working in F1 be it pit crew, engineer, press member, driver or whatnot. Im pretty sure, that they can work till 11th of december.

I mean, remember the season started 2 weeks later than it should. So they will still be working the same amount of time and the same amount of races. I mean, not like they aint getting paid for it, is it?

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 28 May 2011, 14:12

ofc, thats your opinion

once one comes to the end of the season, after working for so long continuously for about 40 weeks, those 2 weeks delay come as nothing, still the exhaustion is there, still the need to recuperate is there.
I agree with you about Bahrain still being an important grand prix, but as i said earlier a 2 week extension into december is not worth it

It might be the work of their choice but they are still subject to lot of pressure, and they have their own bad days, its not a stroll in the park, if they had boycotted the Bahrain gp for their own reasons then definetly it should have been reinstated, but not in current case.
And i never said that indianapolis gp running was good, it was quite pathetic by FIA to allow it to run and then have it counted as official. The US supporters showed the right reaction

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 29 May 2011, 15:48

sdutt wrote:ofc, thats your opinion

once one comes to the end of the season, after working for so long continuously for about 40 weeks, those 2 weeks delay come as nothing, still the exhaustion is there, still the need to recuperate is there.
I agree with you about Bahrain still being an important grand prix, but as i said earlier a 2 week extension into december is not worth it

It might be the work of their choice but they are still subject to lot of pressure, and they have their own bad days, its not a stroll in the park, if they had boycotted the Bahrain gp for their own reasons then definetly it should have been reinstated, but not in current case.
And i never said that indianapolis gp running was good, it was quite pathetic by FIA to allow it to run and then have it counted as official. The US supporters showed the right reaction
Indianapolis was just an example.

But the fact is, alot of people work 46 weeks out of 52 a year for 9 hours a day, why cant they work the same? They are being paid, its a job. If they dont like it, dont work or do the job. Its simple as that.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 29 May 2011, 19:13

mikhailv wrote:
sdutt wrote:ofc, thats your opinion

Indianapolis was just an example.

But the fact is, alot of people work 46 weeks out of 52 a year for 9 hours a day, why cant they work the same? They are being paid, its a job. If they dont like it, dont work or do the job. Its simple as that.
i agree on that, but frankly these guys at F1 arent working 9 hours a day, wthey are working much more and many times they are travelling all around getting very little time to relax and spend time with family

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 29 May 2011, 21:53

Sebastian Vettel's results in the last 10 races:

- 8 wins
- 8 pole positions
- 10 times on the front row
- only 1 tiny mistake in China this year at the start
- 218 of 250 possible points

That is simply amazing :thumbsup:

And I think the RBR 7 is not as fast as the RBR 6. But the car is more reliable. Only in Turkey they had a 1 - 2, last year they had two 1 - 2 in the first 6 races.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 May 2011, 22:07

Eric_Cartman wrote:Sebastian Vettel's results in the last 10 races:

- 8 wins
- 8 pole positions

And I think the RBR 7 is not as fast as the RBR 6. But the car is more reliable. Only in Turkey they had a 1 - 2, last year they had two 1 - 2 in the first 6 races.
If RBR had this reliability in 2010 Vettel would have won Australia, Bahrein, and so on and on.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 30 May 2011, 05:20

- 8 wins
- 8 pole positions

i think more 1-2s or atleast double podiums would have been possible but Webber has been quite pathetic in his starts, hence leaving no such hopes, i dont think there has been even one race this year where he hasnt lost position at start

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 May 2011, 09:28

- 8 wins
- 8 pole positions

I dont remember redbull having a second in qualifying like now. Race pace, is the same as last year. Whats making this year look more impressive, is the fact that in the past 8 races, vettel hasn't had 8 problems.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 31 May 2011, 10:48

Pressure mounting on Heidfeld
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91912

Thing is, he's there at the end of the race usually to get points.