Formula One returns to the USA - Official

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by iceman1 » 06 Jun 2012, 13:53

EXCLUSIVE: Codemasters F1 2012 Circuit of the Americas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWa2ZSZcUq8

It's not bad since Tilke only had an advisory role :lol:

User avatar
skywatcher
Donator
Donator
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 09:39
Location: Texas & California

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by skywatcher » 07 Jun 2012, 12:28

So I was off a little bit the GA seating isn't too bad @ $160.00 - But $40,000.00 for premium seats? No parking unless you are purchasing $3,000.00 tickets, otherwise you will be shuttled to the track. Camping there? doesn't look like it. Defintely won't be going unless somebody wants to take me as a guest. I'm not spending that kind of money (which I don't have).

User avatar
tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager
Posts: 1696
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:59

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by tderias » 07 Jun 2012, 14:23

A mix of Korea and India... its a borefest, you heard it here first!

User avatar
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4110
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 15:27
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by mikhailv » 07 Jun 2012, 14:27

I just wasted 5 minuets of my life.

User avatar
reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1207
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 17:06
Location: Forochel

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by reppo » 07 Jun 2012, 14:42

iceman1 wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Codemasters F1 2012 Circuit of the Americas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWa2ZSZcUq8

It's not bad since Tilke only had an advisory role :lol:

Oh, but there is still time - too much time :O

Image

Image

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by iceman1 » 07 Jun 2012, 15:38

skywatcher wrote:So I was off a little bit the GA seating isn't too bad @ $160.00 - But $40,000.00 for premium seats? No parking unless you are purchasing $3,000.00 tickets, otherwise you will be shuttled to the track. Camping there? doesn't look like it. Defintely won't be going unless somebody wants to take me as a guest. I'm not spending that kind of money (which I don't have).

I agree. Save the money and time and watch the race on TV. I went to Abu Dhabi 2010 and it was quite boring (I didn't pay anything, I got an invite).

Watch the race on TV and if it's good go next year :p

User avatar
tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager
Posts: 1696
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:59

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by tderias » 07 Jun 2012, 16:06

iceman you watch game of thrones? :p

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by phil1993 » 08 Oct 2012, 18:07

Found some pics on another forum

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

It looks fantastic :thumbsup:

User avatar
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4110
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 15:27
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by mikhailv » 09 Oct 2012, 08:26

Im looking forward to turn 1, the elevation seems as big as Spa, should be an amazing spectacle. Could you imagine a shunt going up? Car would get airborned easily.

User avatar
KevC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1183
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 15:17
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by KevC » 09 Oct 2012, 10:18

VIPs in the seats above the far end of the pits will have a lovely obscured view of T1 thanks to the big race position tower :)

User avatar
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4110
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 15:27
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by mikhailv » 09 Oct 2012, 13:14

Kevin Clark wrote:VIPs in the seats above the far end of the pits will have a lovely obscured view of T1 thanks to the big race position tower :)


Serves the rich tossers right ;)

User avatar
tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager
Posts: 1696
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:59

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by tderias » 09 Oct 2012, 19:06

That uphill section that runs into turn 1 reminds me of A1 ring. If you watch the onboard footage from the games though, the first sector looks like a mirrored version of Istanbul Park's first sector.

User avatar
KevC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1183
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 15:17
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by KevC » 09 Oct 2012, 19:24

The big S bend section is like Becketts at Silverstone. I think I read somewhere it's a sort of a legends track with corners very similar to the best ones on other tracks. The bit with the hairpin is a little like Magny Cours in reverse too.

User avatar
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4110
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 15:27
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by mikhailv » 10 Oct 2012, 07:19

Kevin Clark wrote:The big S bend section is like Becketts at Silverstone. I think I read somewhere it's a sort of a legends track with corners very similar to the best ones on other tracks. The bit with the hairpin is a little like Magny Cours in reverse too.



I LOVED Magny-Cours as a track!

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: Formula One returns to the USA - Official

Post by phil1993 » 10 Oct 2012, 07:30

They vomited over the track and ruined it

Image

Post Reply