Are Red Bull really as fast as we're making them out to be?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Are Red Bull really as fast as we're making them out to

Post by Zack » 19 May 2010, 13:07

JoostLamers wrote:
Zack wrote:Unlike last year ... secret of speed/downforce is mystery this year. Dynamic suspension was bad joke and probably created to confuse other teams, enough time wasted on it :lol:
Isn't that already clear? It's the exhaust who's doing it
Possible! but from my limited knowledge it seems this stuff can't give the advantage RBR possess. Best Downforce ..so that might either aero or suspension+wheelbase(i.e. mechanical grip).
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 19 May 2010, 13:23

That's exactly what I mean Zack! It has something to do with the flow of hot air (from the exhaust) and cold air around the car. At least that's what Olav Mol has told the Netherlands :O He told that that is their 'little secret'
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 19 May 2010, 15:14

JoostLamers wrote:That's exactly what I mean Zack! It has something to do with the flow of hot air (from the exhaust) and cold air around the car. At least that's what Olav Mol has told the Netherlands :O He told that that is their 'little secret'
You know such little secret never remain secret if they were real secret. What i mean is, if that was it .. Teams and F1 circus would be busy in talks about it .. for instance 'f-duct'. :O
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 20 May 2010, 10:15

This feature helps, but I think Red Bull Racing have built a car that is great overall. Not due to one thing. They just go great downforce. And they are fast on all tracks. I'm curious to see how fast they are in Monza, where downforce doesn't realy count. In Monza it comes down on engine power. And I think the Renault is slightly down in power on the Mercedes or Ferrari.