It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 20:19

All times are UTC

Post subject: New 2011 team
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 10:59  

Same process as the 2010 entry, except that instead of three teams, there will be only one team selected to join the Formula One field.

Teams who have applied to be the 13th 2011 F1 team:
Stefan GP
Durango
Cypher Group
ART Grand Prix

Teams who have confirmed that they will not submit an entry
Prodrive
Lola

Existing teams signed up to the 2011 Formula One World Championship
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
Force India
Hispania Racing
Lotus Racing
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
Mercedes GP Petronas
Red Bull Racing
Renault
BMW Sauber
Scuderia Toro Rosso
Virgin Racing
AT&T Williams

Last edited by phil1993 on 28 Apr 2010, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New 2011 team
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 14:42  
GP2 Driver

It will be quite a busy grid, next year. With 28 cars on the grid. Especially during qualifing and at Monaco that will be a problem I think. But I think Stefan GP has a good change. If they still have the support from Toyota. And I thought that Epsilon Euskadi also applied to be the next team. Anyway, they will probably have the same problems as the three new teams, today. Reliability and lack of pace. Although Lotus is doing a good job, HRT is having a serious lack of pace. Hopefully the FIA does something to prevent this from happening again in 2011.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 May 2010, 15:03  

ART Grand Prix have submitted an entry: http://www.yallaf1.com/2010/05/13/gp2-t ... entry-bid/

I would accept them :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 00:46  
F1 Routinier

New American outfit interested in F1

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/16993.html

Spoiler:
American-based Cypher Group has signalled its intention to join Formula One next season as the 13th team on the grid.

After US F1's disastrous attempt to take part this season, Cypher Group said it comes to the sport wanting to "give America the shot it deserves" in Formula One. The company said it consists of "experienced F1 engineers, designers and businessmen" whose objective "is to create a successful US-based F1 team".

It added that it "recognises the significant challenges" of building a team in a short amount of time and will therefore "utilise 'best of breed' components throughout the car".

"In support of this strategy Cypher is in contact with established manufacturers of Formula One racing cars and components," read the statement. "Our aims are ultimately to be competitive and provide unrivalled access and interaction for our supporters whilst maintaining high standards of integrity and values, alongside creative out of the box thinking."

Cypher clarified that it has not yet lodged a formal entry to compete next year.

The outfit said it will only do so "should we achieve fully the budget we believe is necessary to do this properly. We are not in this to embarrass America, the fans or ourselves. We simply want to give America the shot it deserves."

Thats a funny thing. It is almost sure that they will not even be considered, because they have already missed the deadline

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 06:19  
Co-Admin

IMO Fia should put down some regulations ... minimum required mileage for a team ... must attend # number of testing days ... Brand New Teams(eg: like HRT) should be given reasonable extra days/mileage of testing. HRT & Lotus are not readily of F1 standard.

Btw .. F1 doesn't need more teams!

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 12:43  
F1 Routinier

Of that list, ART Grand Prix are by far the most reputable team, and if I were the FIA, I'd accept them. Durango aren't even competing in GP2 this year due to costs so they'd have a snowman's chance in hell of making the grid, Cypher Group sounds like USF1: The Sequel and Stefan GP, despite capturing the hearts of many in the F1 forum community, has still produced little evidence that they are legitimate.

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 14:48  
F1 Routinier

cformula1 wrote:
Of that list, ART Grand Prix are by far the most reputable team, and if I were the FIA, I'd accept them. Durango aren't even competing in GP2 this year due to costs so they'd have a snowman's chance in hell of making the grid, Cypher Group sounds like USF1: The Sequel and Stefan GP, despite capturing the hearts of many in the F1 forum community, has still produced little evidence that they are legitimate.

:thumbsup:

ART would be best option. I dont believe in Stefan GP at all

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 15:15  
F1 Champion

Nicolas Todt wants a 2011 F1 Team on the grid

PostPosted: 15 May 2010, 03:22  
F1 Legend

Let ART join in the fun
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 May 2010, 11:20  
GP2 Driver

I agree that the FIA should put down more rules for new teams. I also think a required number of testing kilometers is a good idea. So that they have some preperation, at least. We don't need another HRT. I mean Chandok's first drive in an F1 car was at Bahrain qualifing. I have to say he's doing a good job since then, but their car is rubbish. Lotus has done a much better job. They did some testing, have two experienced drivers and they are doing a good job now. Exept Trulli, showing Chandhok the underside of his car at Monaco :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 May 2010, 15:25  
F1 Legend

15 teams apply for final F1 grid place
Quote:

No less than 15 teams have applied for the final place on the 2011 formula one grid.

Italian website 422race.com reports that the governing FIA has now written to all those who expressed interest in the place made vacant by the demise of USF1.

June 21 has been set as the deadline for the teams’ actual application and dossier, at which time EUR12,750 must be paid.

The frontrunners must be successful GP2 team ART, headed by FIA president Jean Todt’s son Nicolas, and the Spanish Le Mans competitor Epsilon Euskadi.

422race.com claims that more than one team may be selected by the FIA, in case HRT or Sauber run further into financial trouble.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 May 2010, 21:43  
GP2 Driver

I don't know what kind of teams these are. I mean, I think it's a good thing, new teams, but I do think they need a solid basis. HRT does not have it, nor does Virgin. The new teams from this year were not good enough prepeared, I think. So I hope the new teams for next year are.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 May 2010, 22:15  

They ended up receiving a total of 15 entries for the final team slot.

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 11:00  
F1 Driver

Which ever team it may be it should be on the grid for the first race !

Offline Profile