2010-11 Silly Season

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

2010-11 Silly Season

Post by phil1993 » 28 Mar 2010, 18:41

I doubt it'll be as silly as the most recent one with several drivers tied up in contracts, but still...

Driver name in bold indicates contract for 2011.

Ferrari
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Felipe Massa

Red Bull Renault
3. Mark Webber
4. Sebastian Vettel

McLaren Mercedes
5. Lewis Hamilton
6. Jenson Button

Mercedes
7. Michael Schumacher
8. Nico Rosberg

Renault
9. Robert Kubica
10. Vitaly Petrov - likely to be retained
10. Nick Heidfeld - Bouiller confirmed talks
10. Adrian Sutil - Bouiller confirmed talks

Williams Cosworth
11. Rubens Barrichello - Contracted but still under threat
12. Nico Hulkenberg - Likely to be retained
12. Pastor Maldonado - Brings with him lots of money from PDVSA

Force India Mercedes
14. Adrian Sutil
15. Vitantonio Liuzzi
15. Paul di Resta
15. Karun Chandhok

Sauber Ferrari
16. Kamui Kobayashi
17. Sergio Perez

Toro Rosso Ferrari
18. Sebastien Buemi
19. Jaime Alguersuari

Lotus Renault (Name TBA)
20. Heikki Kovalainen
21. Jarno Trulli
21. Bruno Senna

HRT Cosworth
22. Pedro de La Rosa
22. Pastor Maldonado
22. Nico Hulkenberg
23. Christian Klien
23. Bruno Senna
23. Karun Chandhok

Virgin Cosworth
24. Timo Glock
25. Lucas di Grassi
25. Jerome d'Ambrosio
25. Giedo van der Garde
Last edited by cformula1 on 16 Nov 2010, 08:02, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Fixed coding typo

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2010-11 Silly Season

Post by megasyxx » 28 Mar 2010, 22:55

noooooo!!!!!?!?!?!?!

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Mar 2010, 09:23

Hamilton will be happy with that, but Sutil...
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 29 Mar 2010, 14:26

phil1993 wrote:I doubt it'll be as silly as the most recent one with several drivers tied up in contracts, but I suppose this is one that's gonna linger on:

Bild: Raikkonen to Red Bull in 2011
Some say Kimi might replace Webber mid-season

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/motorspor ... ettel.html

In German though
i had this translated anyway: (thanks to Google translate :) )
Secret Plan!

Red Bull brings to Raikkonen Vettel
As of 2011 the Finnish funky new partner of our brave Sebastian is to be

(image caption: The Red Bull is a super car. Sebastian Vettel, a world class rider. Who will be team-mate Vettel's care. Mate Kimi, he would always challenge)

The racing team of the moment in Formula 1 is called Red Bull. The crew at the new superstar Sebastian Vettel (22) applies to almost all experts as a major championship favorite.

The Finn will start of this year in a Citroen C4 WRC in the World Rally Championship, is the preferred choice of Red Bull team boss Christian Horner.Raikkonen has the last option has already publicly identified as "interesting idea".

In reality, the deal is already on. Räikkönen, who also earlier this year to the family of Red Bull is one athlete (his rally team is sponsored by the Austrians), should replace the Australian Mark Webber (33), whose contract expires than Vettel-colleague at season's end.

Webber is in the scene as a good but not exceptional driver.As a world champion Raikkonen, who already import at top teams like McLaren and Ferrari wins, is exactly the ingredient that is missing even for the Red Bull # 1 Team.

The fact is: the funky Vettel and Raikkonen (often noticed by party escapades) are magnificent. Until recently, they lived close together in Switzerland.

Vettel told BILD am SONNTAG: "Kimi and I are good friends.In badminton, he had modified his nose in front and also in the sauna, he's holding out longer. But since the Finns are unbeatable anyway."

Who would be on the track, the number 1?

Vettel keeps (yet) covered: "How well we understand ourselves - in the end I do not care who sits in the other car. I have to beat him."

Raikkonen is the deal for 2011 is already in the bag? His answer: "I do not know what exactly the planning team. In the end, it is of course Kimi's decision. He needs to see what he feels."

Raikkonen himself has at the moment a lot of fun in the rally car: "This is definitely the biggest challenge I've ever asked me."

But the Finn also says: "The door remains open, but the Formula 1. Until the middle of the year there is clarity. "The will be: Raikkonen, the Red Bull plan, signs for three years and each collects similar success as Vettel between 10 and 15 million euros per season.

Delicious taste for Raikkonen: His favorite drink vodka he mixes at parties most of all with Red Bull Na since: Cheers!

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 29 Mar 2010, 15:56

If I were you I wouldn't put that much trust into the article. In the end, "Bild" is just a tabloid, so they make things up just to get a headline.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 29 Mar 2010, 16:19

probably.....i believe this is where raikkonen back to mclaren gossip originated. but i'd love to see kimi back in f1, again in an adrian-newey designed car.......more dnf's maybe? :lol:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Mar 2010, 18:20

megasyxx wrote:probably.....i believe this is where raikkonen back to mclaren gossip originated. but i'd love to see kimi back in f1, again in an adrian-newey designed car.......more dnf's maybe? :lol:
Vettel and Raikkonen, Imagine what would happen to the Car :lol:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Mar 2010, 18:44

Bild is not very reliable news source.

I think most certainly current Force India's test driver(name?) will make to grid in 2010.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 29 Mar 2010, 18:48

iceman1 wrote:
megasyxx wrote:probably.....i believe this is where raikkonen back to mclaren gossip originated. but i'd love to see kimi back in f1, again in an adrian-newey designed car.......more dnf's maybe? :lol:
:lol: yeah..... either a car up in flames and smoke or a car without wheels, front or back wings....or most likely parked somewhere in the track! :p

but seriously, i'd love to see kimi back.......in a mclaren f1 car though :n

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Mar 2010, 18:54

Zack wrote:Bild is not very reliable news source.

I think most certainly current Force India's test driver(name?) will make to grid in 2010.
Paul di Resta.

Time for Sutil to go. Liuzzi is far better now he has a winter of testing.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Mar 2010, 19:01

megasyxx wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
:lol: yeah..... either a car up in flames and smoke or a car without wheels, front or back wings....or most likely parked somewhere in the track! :p

but seriously, i'd love to see kimi back.......in a mclaren f1 car though :n
Wet dreamz :lol: .. on serious note things have changed a lot in Mclaren
phil1993 wrote:
Zack wrote:Bild is not very reliable news source.

Paul di Resta.

Time for Sutil to go. Liuzzi is far better now he has a winter of testing.
ty

No actually in past two races Sutil is victim reliability issues so difficult to judge at the moment. But for sure Liuzzi is doing great job, need to improve Qualifier though.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Mar 2010, 19:03

Sutil has made too many errors over his career - if he doesn't improve this year then its time to go.

Liuzzi didn't like it at STR but at RBR when he did a few 05 races he was okay. He was great at Monza 09 and he's had two very good races. di Resta deserves an F1 seat - 2006 F3 Euro champion (ahead of Vettel) and fast in whatever he drives.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Mar 2010, 19:41

phil1993 wrote:Sutil has made too many errors over his career - if he doesn't improve this year then its time to go.

Liuzzi didn't like it at STR but at RBR when he did a few 05 races he was okay. He was great at Monza 09 and he's had two very good races. di Resta deserves an F1 seat - 2006 F3 Euro champion (ahead of Vettel) and fast in whatever he drives.
Yeah, I agree over years Sutil improvement or achievements are not so convincing.

Yeah, Liuzzi was good in RBR in 2005, if i recall correctly overtook Michael Schumacher's v10 Ferrari with restricted v12 engine in Australia. I read somewhere he was too much in playboy stuff ..that costed him badly.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 30 Mar 2010, 12:10

Zack wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Sutil has made too many errors over his career - if he doesn't improve this year then its time to go.

Yeah, I agree over years Sutil improvement or achievements are not so convincing.

Yeah, Liuzzi was good in RBR in 2005, if i recall correctly overtook Michael Schumacher's v10 Ferrari with restricted v12 engine in Australia. I read somewhere he was too much in playboy stuff ..that costed him badly.

The Melbourne overtaking took place in 2006. Liuzzi was at Toro Rosso with Michelins and had a rev limited V10 engine, while Schumacher was in a Ferrari with Bridgestones and a brand new V8. The Brisdgestone were very poor that day and Michelin tyres were quite superior, however still a good move by Liuzzi.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 30 Mar 2010, 13:21

Correct, this is Liuzzi's first full F1 season, and he is doing already very well. Sutil built Fifi as they are now... He has a name in F1 and is a steady driver in the sport. He needs a new challenge perhaps and I don't think Fifi can offer him a new challenge
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at