2010 Car Launches & pictures

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Post Reply
User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by iceman1 » 10 Dec 2009, 18:14

USF1 - 25th January (Drivers revealed as well)
Ferrari - 28th January, Maranello
McLaren - 29th January, Woking
Renault, Sauber - 31st January, Valencia
Williams - 1st February, Valencia
Mercedes - 1st February, Valencia (Bild reports Late Jan, Stuttgart)

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 3936
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 10:50

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 10 Dec 2009, 18:18

That would be amazing :D

User avatar
sato113
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 37
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 20:38

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by sato113 » 11 Dec 2009, 02:44

certainly won't save on team transport costs though. they ALL still have to bring all their stuff to Valencia.

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Dec 2009, 09:39

All those new cars in 1 day, we'll need a week to check every detail! :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by phil1993 » 11 Dec 2009, 17:28

sato113 wrote:certainly won't save on team transport costs though. they ALL still have to bring all their stuff to Valencia.


But testing is the next week in Valencia, so it's quite logical actually

User avatar
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5234
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Location: India
Contact:

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by sdutt » 12 Dec 2009, 02:40

phil1993 wrote:
sato113 wrote:certainly won't save on team transport costs though. they ALL still have to bring all their stuff to Valencia.


But testing is the next week in Valencia, so it's quite logical actually

:thumbsup:
Image
Image

User avatar
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5234
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Location: India
Contact:

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by sdutt » 12 Dec 2009, 02:42

iceman1 wrote:Formula 1 teams plan joint 2010 season launch

BBC.co.uk

Not a bad idea at all, and it will certainly save money.


yes, it is quite a good idea.
but i do not expect any of the new teams to be present. Lotus have already said that their car will not be ready but they might be able to get a scaled version or something like that :lol:
Image
Image

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 3936
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 10:50

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 15 Dec 2009, 18:49

According to f1today.nl, the combined car presentation has been confirmed

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by phil1993 » 15 Dec 2009, 18:54

Lotus car livery will be like their logo (green and yellow)

User avatar
martinez
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 140
Joined: 22 Jul 2007, 15:44

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by martinez » 17 Dec 2009, 11:07

Good idea, looking forward to seeing the new car livery's! :) :)
Martinez 10

edwardthetwinky
car driver
car driver
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 07:42

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by edwardthetwinky » 18 Dec 2009, 05:19

Sounds exciting! Hi everyone! new to the forums... Can't wait to see the new cars

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by iceman1 » 22 Dec 2009, 19:03

BBC.co.uk wrote:Formula 1 teams are poised to abandon plans to unveil all their cars for the 2010 season together at a joint launch.

The teams had intended to present their cars ahead of the first pre-season test in Valencia at the end of January.

But many of the teams - particularly the four new outfits - will not have their new cars ready in time.

"As far as I understand it, a lot of the teams - over 50% - would not have had new cars ready," said Peter Windsor, boss of the new US F1 team.

"I'd be surprised if more than a couple of the new teams even had 2010 cars ready for the first test.

"In my view a joint launch would have been better in Bahrain with the final test there too before the Grand Prix. That was a proposal.

"For me, 30 January was too early."

The plan had been proposed as part of a continued effort to cut costs.

That desire remains, though, and although the teams will now do individual launches, most of them are expected to be low-key, with a simple roll-out and photo shoot before testing begins.

It might have saved the teams a significant amount of money.

User avatar
Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 856
Joined: 10 Oct 2009, 11:12

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by Coopz » 22 Dec 2009, 22:44

It's on the 30th January? I hope it don't change, it's my birthday then! :D
Image

User avatar
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5234
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Location: India
Contact:

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by sdutt » 23 Dec 2009, 01:59

iceman1 wrote:
BBC.co.uk wrote:Formula 1 teams are poised to abandon plans to unveil all their cars for the 2010 season together at a joint launch.

The teams had intended to present their cars ahead of the first pre-season test in Valencia at the end of January.

But many of the teams - particularly the four new outfits - will not have their new cars ready in time.

"As far as I understand it, a lot of the teams - over 50% - would not have had new cars ready," said Peter Windsor, boss of the new US F1 team.

"I'd be surprised if more than a couple of the new teams even had 2010 cars ready for the first test.

"In my view a joint launch would have been better in Bahrain with the final test there too before the Grand Prix. That was a proposal.

"For me, 30 January was too early."

The plan had been proposed as part of a continued effort to cut costs.

That desire remains, though, and although the teams will now do individual launches, most of them are expected to be low-key, with a simple roll-out and photo shoot before testing begins.

It might have saved the teams a significant amount of money.


yes, i agree.
when Windsor says that 50% is not ready, it implies that for sure USF1 will not be ready
Image
Image

User avatar
impatientinventor
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 673
Joined: 10 May 2009, 17:21

Re: 2010 Car Launches & pictures

Post by impatientinventor » 23 Dec 2009, 03:03

USF1 could easily roll out a photoready version of the car but would it be the final version of the car? NO!!! Releasing a car six weeks before they have to be final is throwing away six weeks of potential development which is not acceptable in the world that is F1.

Post Reply