2010 Winter Testing

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by iceman1 » 11 Feb 2010, 19:29

duncbaby wrote:Thanks for the uploaded footage, quick question for you.... is it possible to watch the testing live? is it broadcast, or is this released footage by F~0~M?

I found a Feed at the following Information : Telstar 11N @ 37.5° West

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by phil1993 » 11 Feb 2010, 19:33

'O c**p lad, forgot t' put wing on properly. Hang on Tim, let me put' back on for ya' (Only Brits will get this)

duncbaby
Donator
Donator
Posts: 127
Joined: 27 May 2008, 11:42

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by duncbaby » 11 Feb 2010, 20:00

Cheers, unfortunately I cannot use a dish in the US to pick it up... do you know if anyone's streaming it online?

iceman1 wrote:
duncbaby wrote:Thanks for the uploaded footage, quick question for you.... is it possible to watch the testing live? is it broadcast, or is this released footage by F~0~M?

I found a Feed at the following Information : Telstar 11N @ 37.5° West

User avatar
François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1479
Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 18:39

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by François » 11 Feb 2010, 20:06

JoostLamers wrote:Detail on Glocks crash: Roland Ratzenbergen died due to a broken front wing and in 1994 in a Simtek, and that car was designed by Nick Wirth. Now who do you think designed the Virgin car...

Ratzenberger dislodged the front wing himself by going off the track on his out lap. The resulting tragedy happened because the damage was underestimated (either by Ratzenberger or his team) and the driver still attempted a flying lap. It had nothing to do with the car's design.
Image

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Feb 2010, 20:49

François wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:Detail on Glocks crash: Roland Ratzenbergen died due to a broken front wing and in 1994 in a Simtek, and that car was designed by Nick Wirth. Now who do you think designed the Virgin car...

Ratzenberger dislodged the front wing himself by going off the track on his out lap. The resulting tragedy happened because the damage was underestimated (either by Ratzenberger or his team) and the driver still attempted a flying lap. It had nothing to do with the car's design.

It's a sign that Nick Wirth's front wing design is weak
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 462
Joined: 18 Mar 2008, 20:58

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 11 Feb 2010, 21:16

JoostLamers wrote:
François wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:Detail on Glocks crash: Roland Ratzenbergen died due to a broken front wing and in 1994 in a Simtek, and that car was designed by Nick Wirth. Now who do you think designed the Virgin car...

Ratzenberger dislodged the front wing himself by going off the track on his out lap. The resulting tragedy happened because the damage was underestimated (either by Ratzenberger or his team) and the driver still attempted a flying lap. It had nothing to do with the car's design.

It's a sign that Nick Wirth's front wing design is weak


Toyota's front wing fell off last year too in winter testing. It happened a lot in the past that front wing or rear wing fails during winter testing ( BAR, Ferrari, Williams ... ). It's just a coincidence if it's Nick Wirth's Virgin car that lose front wing

User avatar
harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 550
Joined: 18 May 2007, 21:30

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by harrisv48 » 11 Feb 2010, 21:34

Day 2 at Jerez






User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Feb 2010, 21:49

Cool vids :)
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by iceman1 » 12 Feb 2010, 08:27

Red Flag caused by PDL

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by phil1993 » 12 Feb 2010, 09:00

After 1hr

Code: Select all

1     Alguersuari   Toro Rosso    1m19.919s
2     De la Rosa   Sauber    1m20.736s  +0.817
3     Massa   Ferrari    1m21.603s  +1.684
4     Vettel   Red Bull    1m21.783s  +1.864
5     Petrov   Renault    1m22.000s  +2.081
6     Sutil   Force India    1m22.208s  +2.289
7     Rosberg   Mercedes    1m22.820s  +2.901
8     Hamilton   McLaren    1m23.985s  +4.066
9     Barrichello   Williams    1m25.575s  +5.656

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by swca92 » 12 Feb 2010, 09:12

From what happened yesterday, we know the Virgin does suck.

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by iceman1 » 12 Feb 2010, 09:13

Serious rain now hitting the track

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by phil1993 » 12 Feb 2010, 09:13

Alguersuari will finish the day top then.

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by iceman1 » 12 Feb 2010, 09:18

Track is empty

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2010 Winter Testing

Post by iceman1 » 12 Feb 2010, 09:27

More bad weather likely for Friday at Jerez

Post Reply