It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 11:48

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 20:07  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 20:55
Posts: 4542
Country: United States (us)
BRING BACK THE V10. BRING BACK THE V12. LET THE FANS HAVE A SAY FOR A CHANGE.

_________________
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi


Ferrariman60
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 21:43  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2009, 17:21
Posts: 673
the harmonics of a V-10 are better than a V-8 but nowhere as good as a V-12. I say put a limit on the displacement and thats it... Let them do whatever they want
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 09:43  
Donator

Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 08:44
Posts: 677
But let's face the truth guys: we'll never ever see V10s or V12s in F1 again, at least no naturally aspirated ones.
Sad but true. Taking the climate change and the decline of oil reserves into consideration, FIA would never allow this again, everyone of us knows that.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 12:11  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2008, 11:26
Posts: 5115
Location: Inaccessible Island
Country: Australia (au)
MavF1 wrote:
But let's face the truth guys: we'll never ever see V10s or V12s in F1 again, at least no naturally aspirated ones.
Sad but true. Taking the climate change and the decline of oil reserves into consideration, FIA would never allow this again, everyone of us knows that.

Ari Vatanen (FIA president candidate) doesn't believe in climate change.
He is the only hope.
Go Ari!

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 13:06  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 20:55
Posts: 4542
Country: United States (us)
cformula1 wrote:
MavF1 wrote:
But let's face the truth guys: we'll never ever see V10s or V12s in F1 again, at least no naturally aspirated ones.
Sad but true. Taking the climate change and the decline of oil reserves into consideration, FIA would never allow this again, everyone of us knows that.

Ari Vatanen (FIA president candidate) doesn't believe in climate change.
He is the only hope.
Go Ari!


Yes! Unfortunately, Max has endorsed Todt, and we all know that Todt would just continue the status quo.

_________________
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi


Ferrariman60
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 21:10  
kart driver

Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 17:28
Posts: 25
I wonder if one day front and rear wings will be banned?

_________________
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?Ou4
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 07:21  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2008, 11:26
Posts: 5115
Location: Inaccessible Island
Country: Australia (au)
Spinninggenius wrote:
I wonder if one day front and rear wings will be banned?

I most certainly hope NOT!
But I have high doubts that front/rear wings will ever be banned.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 11:01  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Posts: 2441
Location: Enfield, London
Vatanen doesn't believe in climate change? That's ridiculous, I don't like the ban on big engines but if it helps the environment then I'm cool with it. And a car without wings would have literally no grip, it couldn't be a racing car.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 11:05  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Yeah, Todt will win with about 70% of the FIA vote, even though around 85% of fans want Vatanen

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 21:05  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2009, 17:21
Posts: 673
I would think that Max's finger would be all kinds of stinky after having it shoved up Bernie's.... wait a sec... I guess it is Max that is Bernie's puppet not the other way around. O' well I would think that Todt will do a good job and the automotive companies will eventually swing back the other way, let the designers and engineers be the designers and engineers, keep out of global politics and get back to the competition F1 use to be.... From a pure efficiency standpoint an inline 6 is the best most efficient design from a number of parts to power potential standpoint but a V-12 has much better harmonics and a better potential energy density potential from a power plant footprint standpoint. I just hope that they don't go with a turboed inline 4 fart can racers.

AND just to set the record straight... global warming is a lark. Wake up you stupid sheeple. The globe doesn't work the way that the elected 43rd president says it does in his BS truth movie. You might as well go follow Michael Moore around and let him decide what to do with your life.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 07:35  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2008, 11:26
Posts: 5115
Location: Inaccessible Island
Country: Australia (au)
impatientinventor wrote:
AND just to set the record straight... global warming is a lark. Wake up you stupid sheeple. The globe doesn't work the way that the elected 43rd president says it does in his BS truth movie. You might as well go follow Michael Moore around and let him decide what to do with your life.

:thumbsup: Agreed.

If people want to live a carbon-neutral lifestyle, that is fine by me.
However, do not try and force that lifestyle on me. All it will do is make me angry and you will become persona non grata in my presence.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2009, 15:00  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 20:55
Posts: 4542
Country: United States (us)
impatientinventor wrote:
I would think that Max's finger would be all kinds of stinky after having it shoved up Bernie's.... wait a sec... I guess it is Max that is Bernie's puppet not the other way around. O' well I would think that Todt will do a good job and the automotive companies will eventually swing back the other way, let the designers and engineers be the designers and engineers, keep out of global politics and get back to the competition F1 use to be.... From a pure efficiency standpoint an inline 6 is the best most efficient design from a number of parts to power potential standpoint but a V-12 has much better harmonics and a better potential energy density potential from a power plant footprint standpoint. I just hope that they don't go with a turboed inline 4 fart can racers.

AND just to set the record straight... global warming is a lark. Wake up you stupid sheeple. The globe doesn't work the way that the elected 43rd president says it does in his BS truth movie. You might as well go follow Michael Moore around and let him decide what to do with your life.


Totally agreed on the global warming thing! :thumbsup:

_________________
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi


Ferrariman60
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2009, 15:57  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Posts: 2441
Location: Enfield, London
Global warming isn't a lark, I certainly believe it exists and that we should do more to prevent it. George Bush didn't believe in global warming, and anything he says you usually do the opposite. And what about Michael Moore? I like the guy and believe most of the things he's saying.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 02:58  
car driver

Joined: 28 May 2011, 21:54
Posts: 13
Country: United States (us)
No engine restrictions but a limit on how many gallons of fuel could be used. No restrictions on the choice of fuel, methanol, gasoline, diesel, nitromethane, and all other imaginable compounds allowed. No restrictions on displacement, number of cylinders, forced induction allowed but not required. No limit on pit stops and no mandatory stops. No limitation on fuel capacity within max fuel limit. No restrictions on tire sizes or compounds. No traction control or antilock, no yaw control. No minimum weight. No wings, no ground effects as we know it.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....
PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 03:12  
car driver

Joined: 28 May 2011, 21:54
Posts: 13
Country: United States (us)
All cars must have 4 tires in conventional locations. FWD,RWD, and AWD all legal.
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Yandex and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB