Who's the nicest guy in the F1 paddock?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Who's the nicest guy in the F1 paddock?

Post by TwistedArmco » 28 Jul 2009, 19:14

I was going to start a topic asking which of the drivers was the nicest guy. But then I realized that mostly, they're soulless PR driven automatons and that therefore, the rest of the paddock who may be nicer people should not be restricted from this topic. Therefore, I shall stretch the question and ask: who is the nicest guy in the F1 paddock?

I will start a poll after a while, but first want to hear what people say before putting an arbitrary set of poll answers at the top of this topic.

My initial thoughts were Stefano Domenicali and Kazuki Nakajima. They're just nice humble people, who can see their own faults and who generally are just and fair in their assessments and dealings. We know Naka's not great on the track necessarily, but I would assert that his interviews are among the best in F1, and Stefano Domenicali is in the process of putting the sunshine and humour back into Ferrari. Perhaps Felipe baby is in for a shout too. My Dad reckons he'd be the coolest apart from DC to have a pint with, talking of which, DC is a super bloke.

What do we think?

(I imagine Nelson Piquet, Bernie Ecclestone, Jean Todt, Max Mosley, Ron Dennis and Flavio Briatore won't be getting many votes between them. :p )
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Who's the nicest guy in the F1 paddock?

Post by megasyxx » 28 Jul 2009, 19:16

anthony hamilton :n

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Jul 2009, 19:21

Domenicalli and Nakajima yes, very nice people and very humble. If only SD would stop saying 'for sure' then he'd be a perfect team principal :p I also think Heikki Kovalainen as he's cool and very funny. (see YT vid "dooo it")
Fisi can be cool, very 'appy. But then again he can be annoying.

So I'd say Kovy, Naka and Domenicalli. But I also think Vettel is very funny and Webber is also quite down to earth and Trulli is a genuine guy, "I'd rather support the people of Italy [Earthquake] and lose a sponsor on the car.

So, Naka, Kovy, Domenicalli, Trulli and Vettel...

Also, I'd imagine Button being very friendly if you approached him in the paddock

Oh, and EJ. Humble, honest and not at all the world's biggest cock, arrogant and egoistic, especially for saying his spies told him that Felipe had 'just a bump on the chin'. :zz:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 28 Jul 2009, 21:32

Loving or liking someone is always harder than hating or disliking someone. For that, my list will be a bit small, compared to my never ending hate list.

Domenicalli, spot on! I am very happy to see him replacing Jean Todt as a Ferrari Team Principle. We could see him interviewing with BBC, we could see him smiling all the time even in the worst predicament. I believe his positive attitude will reconstruct the way people see Ferrari, which has been very damaged after Jean Todt's presidency.

Next one is definitely Kovalainen. I mean I adore him. I really want to see him winning races and being faster than Hamilton. Unfortunately, with all due respect, he's not that fast. But anyway, I will support him to the bitter end. Doooo it mate (:

Another paragraph for Sebastian Vettel, who is the most mature immature rookie I've ever seen. He's quick, he's funny, always knows what and how to do at the right time and place. He is the source of positive pole of the electricity he has. I do like and support him. Very much.

I also like Patrick Head (for always being open), Jenson Button (for being talkative about both the positive and negative sides of himself and team), Jarno Trulli (for always welcoming Martin for a 'quick word Jarno'), Rob Smedley (for his crying after Massa lost the title following what was a dramatic epic battle - and of course the 'baby thing' and smiley nature), Martin Whitmarsh and Christian Horner to some extent.

---------

Personally, I am OK with Nakajima, no hard feelings but I don't like Webber at all.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Jul 2009, 08:18

Unfortunately I have never had the opppurtunity to find out who is the nicest guy in the paddock for real.. :(

I really don't know who is down to earth and who is absolute arrogant s***. I heard from the Dutch commentator said he didn't Ralf Schumacher at all, he just didn't want to be anything like his brother.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 29 Jul 2009, 14:27

For me, Barrichello is the nicest guy.

But I much prefer to write guys that are the worst : Hamilton , Bourdais, Kubica, Piquet.

And the most strange is Kimi.
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 29 Jul 2009, 15:47

megasyxx, are you serious about Anthony Hamilton?

Ok, so preliminary poll options:

Nakajima, Stefano Domenicali, Vettel, Button, Trulli

I think those guys are definites, because they are nice guys by me, and have people in this thread agreeing that they are nice people.

Possible people to add to a poll would be Barrichello (Totopupu's answer), Whitmarsh, Smedley, Horner, Patrick Head and Webber, who each have one approvee in this thread.

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 29 Jul 2009, 16:14

To me, Barichello seems like the nicest guy but i can't really confirmed this and the worst is Piquet. From what Speed TV always says, everybody in the Red Bull Racing team is very nice to deal with. They always welcome people to their factories and more than happy to explain everything.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 29 Jul 2009, 16:35

TwistedArmco wrote:megasyxx, are you serious about Anthony Hamilton?
ok, i'd go for martin whitmarsh.... :)

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 29 Jul 2009, 16:39

megasyxx wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:megasyxx, are you serious about Anthony Hamilton?
ok, i'd go for martin whitmarsh.... :)
And I'd agree. I like Martin. :)

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Jul 2009, 17:48

lol whitewash ? not honest!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 17 Aug 2009, 13:52

I am a huge McLaren hater- yet I just can't hate Martin Whitmarsh. He seems like a nice guy.

Nicest: Felipe Massa (only DC will disagree :p )

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 17 Aug 2009, 16:02

Does Coulthard counts ? I saw him at Bavaria city Racing yesterday and he is incredibly nice

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 17 Aug 2009, 16:12

I would like to have a pint with Nico Rosberg, Rubens Barrichello and Lewis Hamilton.

Explanation:

Rosberg: By far my favourite German driver atm. Intelligent, humble and down to earth. Also a good conversation partner, appears to be a great guy, his interviews are by far the best in Germany. I like his mentality.

Barrichello: Impressed me during the whole Massa injury thing and after. Great behaviour, great mate it seems. Also a sensitive and open hearted man, he´s exactly the way I like my mates to be. I don´t like the "poser" and "lady killer" guys at all. I also don´t like lukewarm people.

Lew Ham: I think the guy is "deeper" than he often appears to be during F1 events. Definitely an interesting character, not easy but interesting. I think Lewis does offer a lot of ingridients to be a good mate and a very loyal person. He´s very eager and passionate, that´s definitely something I like, to complete contrast to Räikkönen e.g.

On a sidenote: Definitely off topic, even off Forum :lol:
The football players I would love to have a pint with are Ryan Giggs and Alessandro Del Piero :O

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 18 Aug 2009, 13:58

Not Kimi for Sure... :lol: :lol:

:wave: