Formula One TV Coverage

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Formula One TV Coverage

Post by iceman1 » 08 Aug 2010, 14:11

syncmaster wrote:Formula 1 coverage in India sucks big time !
Tell us why ?

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 09 Aug 2010, 10:38

iceman1 wrote:
Tell us why ?
Many many reasons some of them are
1) They have commercials at time of pit stops !
2)they miss the race deciding incidents and we get to know about it by the commentator after the commercial
3)they discuss how tasty are the chicken nuggets !
4) When commentator starts to talk about a driver he forgets his hob of commenting about the race !
5)After hearing to the commentator sometimes you get the feeling "I shall mute and watch the race"
5)They skip formula 1 for tennis !!!!!
6)before start of the race they show the interviews of the drivers taken on Saturday the most frustrating thing about this is they repeat interviews concurrently two times
Desire has no limits

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Aug 2010, 14:52

syncmaster wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Tell us why ?
2)they miss the race deciding incidents and we get to know about it by the commentator after the commercial
4) When commentator starts to talk about a driver he forgets his hob of commenting about the race !
5)After hearing to the commentator sometimes you get the feeling "I shall mute and watch the race"
6)before start of the race they show the interviews of the drivers taken on Saturday the most frustrating thing about this is they repeat interviews concurrently two times
Well at least you can Watch the Race Live :p

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Aug 2010, 12:18

Spanish coverage is ridiculously biased. I knew they would be, but I wasn't expecting it that much.

During FPs, they constantly have a camera outside Alonso's garage and when anything happens they cut away from the world feed and cut to it.

On race day, they start coverage at 12:00 with the race starting at 14:00 and I'd say 90 mins of the 120 are devoted to Alonso, 15 mins to Alguersuari & De La Rosa and 15 mins to the adverts :lol: But then, no post race analysis!?

I thought ITV were bad in 2007 with Hamilton but wow...

French TV was quite good, even if they had no build up to quali, but I can't believe Marion Jolles was voted the best looking woman in the pits. The Spanish woman was quite pretty...

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 11 Aug 2010, 12:35

iceman1 wrote:
syncmaster wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Tell us why ?
Well at least you can Watch the Race Live :p
and possibly listen to BBC Radio 5 Live on internet at the same time
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Aug 2010, 12:40

phil1993 wrote:Spanish coverage is ridiculously biased. I knew they would be, but I wasn't expecting it that much.

During FPs, they constantly have a camera outside Alonso's garage and when anything happens they cut away from the world feed and cut to it.

On race day, they start coverage at 12:00 with the race starting at 14:00 and I'd say 90 mins of the 120 are devoted to Alonso, 15 mins to Alguersuari & De La Rosa and 15 mins to the adverts :lol: But then, no post race analysis!?

I thought ITV were bad in 2007 with Hamilton but wow...

French TV was quite good, even if they had no build up to quali, but I can't believe Marion Jolles was voted the best looking woman in the pits. The Spanish woman was quite pretty...
:lol: They should rename the channel to Alonso TV.

yeah TF1 has the best Coverage after BBC, their features and analysis are pretty good.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Aug 2010, 12:45

"Lew-ees 'Am-ee-lton" :lol:

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 11 Aug 2010, 13:21

syncmaster wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Tell us why ?
I dont like your dispaly pic :p, but I definitely agree with you point. ESS f1 coverage is totally disgusting, the worst person in it all is steve slater :<>:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 18 Aug 2010, 10:01

saif wrote:
syncmaster wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Tell us why ?
I dont like your dispaly pic :p, but I definitely agree with you point. ESS f1 coverage is totally disgusting, the worst person in it all is steve slater :<>:
Am I the only F1 fan in the world that likes Steve Slater?! :lol:

But their coverage does leave a lot to be desired.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 14 Sep 2010, 14:15

Daily Mail are reporting that the BBC aren't going to renew Jonathan Legard's contract. It seems to be that Martin Brundle doesn't work well with Legard and wants a different commentator to work with. Charlie Cox has been mooted as a possible replacement.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 14 Sep 2010, 15:47

phil1993 wrote:Daily Mail are reporting that the BBC aren't going to renew Jonathan Legard's contract. It seems to be that Martin Brundle doesn't work well with Legard and wants a different commentator to work with. Charlie Cox has been mooted as a possible replacement.
As much as I like this news, there is one problem.
Daily Mail
Lets hope they got it right. :pray:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 14 Sep 2010, 15:53

Track commentator Bob Constanduros also said that he heard it from other non-DM sources

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 14 Sep 2010, 16:56

Charlie Cox has been mooted as a possible replacement.
Charlie who? Just bring back Murray Walker already! :(

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 Sep 2010, 17:09

François wrote:
Charlie Cox has been mooted as a possible replacement.
Charlie who? Just bring back Murray Walker already! :(
What about James Allen ?

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 14 Sep 2010, 17:23

phil1993 wrote:Daily Mail are reporting that the BBC aren't going to renew Jonathan Legard's contract. It seems to be that Martin Brundle doesn't work well with Legard and wants a different commentator to work with. Charlie Cox has been mooted as a possible replacement.
Yay!!! That's made my day. Could make the last few races interesting if Legard knows he's out the door and that Brundle helped get rid of him. I await Legard finishing off the commentary in Abu Dhabi, then saying "And to finish off my reign as commentator here at the BBC" before punching Brundle in the face.