Formula One TV Coverage

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Formula One TV Coverage

Post by sdutt » 14 Sep 2010, 22:03

cformula1 wrote:
saif wrote:
syncmaster wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
syncmaster wrote:Formula 1 coverage in India sucks big time !
Tell us why ?
Many many reasons some of them are
1) They have commercials at time of pit stops !
2)they miss the race deciding incidents and we get to know about it by the commentator after the commercial
3)they discuss how tasty are the chicken nuggets !
4) When commentator starts to talk about a driver he forgets his hob of commenting about the race !
5)After hearing to the commentator sometimes you get the feeling "I shall mute and watch the race"
5)They skip formula 1 for tennis !!!!!
6)before start of the race they show the interviews of the drivers taken on Saturday the most frustrating thing about this is they repeat interviews concurrently two times
I dont like your dispaly pic :p, but I definitely agree with you point. ESS f1 coverage is totally disgusting, the worst person in it all is steve slater :<>:
Am I the only F1 fan in the world that likes Steve Slater?! :lol:

But their coverage does leave a lot to be desired.
Me too actually, i like him and Chris Goodwin combo :)

JensonHamilton
car driver
car driver

Post by JensonHamilton » 14 Sep 2010, 22:27

I don't think TV coverage should be made too in-depth. If there is too much on screen at once you won't know what to look at.

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 15 Sep 2010, 02:07

I still think we need some sort of graphic that lets us see how the drivers are adjusting their front wings. I've been looking for the last 2 seasons to try and see them do it. Maybe next year with the rear wing being adjustable (and probably more obvious) they'll do something.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 15 Sep 2010, 04:44

sdutt wrote:
cformula1 wrote: Am I the only F1 fan in the world that likes Steve Slater?! :lol:

But their coverage does leave a lot to be desired.
Me too actually, i like him and Chris Goodwin combo :)
chris goodwin is very nice, now they have Gary Andersson he is good too. But i seriously hate the other guy :<>: :p
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 15 Sep 2010, 11:03

swca92 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Daily Mail are reporting that the BBC aren't going to renew Jonathan Legard's contract. It seems to be that Martin Brundle doesn't work well with Legard and wants a different commentator to work with. Charlie Cox has been mooted as a possible replacement.
Yay!!! That's made my day. Could make the last few races interesting if Legard knows he's out the door and that Brundle helped get rid of him. I await Legard finishing off the commentary in Abu Dhabi, then saying "And to finish off my reign as commentator here at the BBC" before punching Brundle in the face.
I'm certain that Brundle would do the same to Legard, if Legard were to punch him :lol:

Also, this is about the first time I've hoped the Daily Fail gets something right :lol:

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 15 Sep 2010, 11:36

The Daily Mail don't get sports stories wrong, its the fact they make unsubstantiated allegations about how immigrants and anyone remotely liberal ruin Britain which makes it a loathed and laughed at newspaper only taken seriously by lunatics.

On Legard, he is a rubbish commentator and worst of all cuts across Brundle. Brundle's as good a sports pundit/commentator as there is on British TV and he's being ruined by this idiot sitting next to him. Ben Edwards and Charlie Cox are my favoured options, though if they Murray Walker came back I'd have a smile like a kid in an advert for toothpaste.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 15 Sep 2010, 15:56

to be honest I miss james allens hilarious factor on F1 commentary. Infact, If chandhock cant get a race seat, Id quite like him to commentate, very informative and a brain box. Also, I wish ted kravitz would get a more pivitol role in commentary, hes so underused!

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 15 Sep 2010, 20:50

What would people say to Eddie Irvine being a commentator??? I think honestly he could be another James Hunt. It sounds silly and I'll probably be laughed at for suggesting this, but I've always thought him quite eloquent. Him and Brundle could commentate on F1 like commentators do for tennis and cricket, which are always done superbly.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 16 Sep 2010, 06:59

I honestly think one former driver in the commentary booth is enough.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 16 Sep 2010, 15:41

swca92 wrote:What would people say to Eddie Irvine being a commentator??? I think honestly he could be another James Hunt. It sounds silly and I'll probably be laughed at for suggesting this, but I've always thought him quite eloquent. Him and Brundle could commentate on F1 like commentators do for tennis and cricket, which are always done superbly.
I'd give it 3 round before he called someone a 'C*nt'

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 17 Sep 2010, 17:24

François wrote:I honestly think one former driver in the commentary booth is enough.
Or Karun Chandhok he's quite good.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 17 Sep 2010, 18:07

That would be a waste of his talent. This guy needs to be at the wheel of a fast car next year.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 17 Sep 2010, 19:55

Eddie Irvine might be entertaining, but if he has commentated earlier, i have not heard him

LiamN
kart driver
kart driver

Post by LiamN » 21 Sep 2010, 18:23

Jonathon Legard is a bit dull so a more observant and interesting replacement would be welcome.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 30 Sep 2010, 10:43

I know Murray coming back is pretty much impossible, but how about they get him to commentate the big races (Melbourne, Monaco, Silverstone, Spa and Brazil as an example). My favourites for commentator would be Ben Edwards, David Croft or Martin Haven. As for Legard, offload him to football.