Formula One TV Coverage

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Formula One TV Coverage

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 05 Nov 2009, 18:17

Bye bye to Peter Windsor btw, who exits the SPEED TV Formula One team :O

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 06 Nov 2009, 22:35

Tom Vandenhove wrote:Bye bye to Peter Windsor btw, who exits the SPEED TV Formula One team :O
and One HD Formula 1 team (he was the correspondent at the track).

I wonder who he will be replaced with......

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Nov 2009, 22:40

cformula1 wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:Bye bye to Peter Windsor btw, who exits the SPEED TV Formula One team :O

James Allen ? :zz:

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 06 Nov 2009, 22:45

iceman1 wrote:
cformula1 wrote:

Probably, or they will send their presenters to the circuit (Greg Rust and Cameron McConville).

McConville retired from V8 Supercars the other day, so maybe that means they will be at the circuit for each race? :pray:

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 04 Dec 2009, 07:57

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/12/03/f ... on-pay-tv/

Whatever happened to Bernie's pledge of F1 on Free-To-Air TV?

If F1 went completely Pay TV many viewers would just watch via 'other methods' IMO.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 04 Dec 2009, 14:41

the F~0~M is just such a sad part of Formula One. They are making the sport so inaccessible for the fans... Luckily we still have FOTA though

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 04 Dec 2009, 20:51

cformula1 wrote:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/12/03/f ... on-pay-tv/

Whatever happened to Bernie's pledge of F1 on Free-To-Air TV?

If F1 went completely Pay TV many viewers would just watch via 'other methods' IMO.
Really when I read that article I should've been losing it, since I think this is ridiculous. But I didn't freak out 'cause it has become normal to read such things. I don't have any trust in Ecclestone and the holders of commercial rights of F1.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 04 Dec 2009, 21:28

cformula1 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
cformula1 wrote:

Probably, or they will send their presenters to the circuit (Greg Rust and Cameron McConville).

McConville retired from V8 Supercars the other day, so maybe that means they will be at the circuit for each race? :pray:
I've heard those two are terrible commentators who don't have a clue about F1...

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 05 Dec 2009, 09:28

swca92 wrote:
cformula1 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
cformula1 wrote:

I've heard those two are terrible commentators who don't have a clue about F1...
That's true, but they're better at the track than in the studio (that way they can talk to intelligent people).

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 23 Dec 2009, 18:26

Multi-year Formula 1 agreement for Speed
Spoiler:
23 December 2009

American TV channel Speed TV and Formula One Management have reached an agreement to extend a relationship that dates back to 1996, the network's first full season on the air. Speed TV will continue to offer its long-running live coverage of the FIA Formula One World Championship, including live coverage of qualifying and practice sessions.

"The global Formula One fan base is one of the most passionate in all of motor sports," said Speed president Hunter Nickell. "In America, fans gather at all hours of the morning -- with races coming in from places like Malaysia, Singapore and Monaco -- to watch Speed and cheer their favorite drivers and constructors. We look forward to continuing and expanding our relationship with these fans.

"I've been on pins and needles waiting for this new agreement, and I've lost track of how many questions I've answered from our viewers regarding what the future holds, whether we'll see much of our colleague Peter Windsor in his new role as a team boss, and so much more," said Bob Varsha, the longtime Speed voice of Formula One. "Anyone who was a part of the paddock fun at the old USGP at Indy knows that our fans are smart, loyal and vocal. I look forward to trying to give them what they expect on grand prix weekends for years to come."

Code: Select all

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-news/225340/multi-year-formula-1-agreement-for-speed/

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 02 Jan 2010, 18:46

News about the Australian coverage:
McConville dumped off Ten’s F1 coverage
Cameron McConville has been dumped off Network Ten’s commentary team for its coverage of the Formula 1 World Championship.

McConville, who recently retired from full-time V8 Supercar driving, was told recently that his services would not be required next year alongside host Greg Rust.

Speedcafe.com.au understands that Craig Baird will be McConville’s replacement.

McConville has occupied the spot alongside Rust for the past two years and the outgoing WOW Racing driver told Speedcafe that he’s disappointed he won’t be continuing with his immediate media career.

“I’ve been told that they want to head in a different direction,” he said.

“I had a meeting at Ten prior to Homebush and I was told that I was in the mix for Formula 1. I was asked if I was interested in hosting a few more of them, which I was, and I left that meeting assuming I would be in the mix, but I got the call to tell me they were heading in a different direction and my services weren’t required.

“That’s all I know to be honest. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed. I’ve been working with Ten for five years if you include the Trackside program, but at the end of the day, I respect their desire to go down a different path. I suppose the media can be as fickle as motor racing!”

McConville said that he’d like to pursue other television and media commitments.

“It’s not so much that I want to be on television, it’s just that I enjoy what I do,” he said.

“I’ve been doing it since Super Touring, so I’ve probably been doing it for at least seven years, and the experience that I gained at Ten through co-hosting live TV with Rusty is invaluable. I think I’ve come to a certain level that I don’t want to give it away.

“I’m not done with my media career and I’ll certainly be looking to do more stuff in the future. But I certainly thank Ten for giving me the opportunity.”

McConville, who finished second in the Bathurst 1000 this year with Jason Richards, has recently acquired a Jax Quickfit Tyres franchise in Moorabbin, Victoria. With more free time now, he can dedicate it to his business.

“In the short term, it’s good that I’ll be able to focus on my business,” he said.

“I can give that 100 percent focus which I’ll be doing for the next 12 months. I had a family fun open day on Saturday and we sold 30 tyres in four hours, which is certainly our best Saturday. I had a VIP industry night on Wednesday night – I guess it was more of a retirement party. Mark Howard hosted it, we had 120 people, the Herald Sun was there and hopefully we can get a bit of exposure from that in the Melbourne papers.

“The business has been good. We’ve spent a fair bit of money on some launches and advertising and hopefully we’ll see the rewards over the summer break. Certainly a lot of locals are reading about it in the local paper, and hopefully we can build up a really good customer base in the Bayside Melbourne area.”

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2009/12/18/mcconville-dumped-off-tens-f1-coverage/
New five-year F1 TV deal on ONE
Network Ten has announced a new five-year extension of its exclusive Australian broadcast rights to Formula 1, providing Australian viewers with more coverage.

The new agreement commences in 2011 and extends through to the conclusion of the 2015 world championship season.

The agreement with Formula One Management provides Network Ten live and exclusive coverage of all F1 races. The deal involves an increase in annual broadcast content and also covers all online, mobile and IPTV rights.

David White, Network Ten’s general manager, sport, said that with Mark Webber’s success this year, demand for F1 viewing has never been so high.

“Formula 1 has always had a large, passionate and loyal following in Australia,” he said.

“With Mark Webber’s two great wins this year, along with the emergence of several exciting new franchises challenging the ‘old guard’, Formula 1 is attracting a legion of new fans.

“We are delighted that our extended relationship with Formula One Management will cement ONE’s place as the home of Formula 1 on Australian television.”

The 2010 Formula 1 season comprises 19 rounds, with Round 2’s Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix taking place on Sunday, March 28.

All Formula 1 races throughout the season will be broadcast live on ONE, the Network’s 24-hour digital sports channel, with delayed coverage on TEN. Qualifying sessions will also be seen on ONE.

In addition to F1, motorsports enthusiasts will find plenty of action on ONE in 2010, including MotoGP, Moto2, 125cc races, the Le Mans 24 Hour, selected NASCAR Sprint Cup races, highlights of every Sprint Cup race, full season coverage of the NASCAR Nationwide Series, exclusive coverage of Australian Rally Championship and exclusive coverage of ANDRA Pro Series drag racing.

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2009/12/09/new-five-year-f1-tv-deal-on-one/
Good news, IMO.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 07 Feb 2010, 17:18

RTL might lose the coverage in the Netherlands

BBC line-up unchanged:

Commentators: Martin Brundle & Jonathan Legard
Practice Commentators: David Croft, Maurice Hamilton & Anthony Davidson
Presenter: Jake Humphries
Pit Lane reporters: Ted Kravitz & Lee McKenzie
Pundits: Eddie Jordan & David Coulthard

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 07 Feb 2010, 17:30

phil1993 wrote:RTL might lose the coverage in the Netherlands

BBC line-up unchanged:

Commentators: Martin Brundle & Jonathan Legard
Practice Commentators: David Croft, Maurice Hamilton & Anthony Davidson
Presenter: Jake Humphries
Pit Lane reporters: Ted Kravitz & Lee McKenzie
Pundits: Eddie Jordan & David Coulthard
Did they drop out holly samos?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 07 Feb 2010, 18:10

No, I just didn't find her listed

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 07 Feb 2010, 19:03

Legard's worse than James Allen, at the end of the season I either listened to the radio 5 commentary with the TV on mute or simply had no commentary. He comes up with repetitive, dry pap and has no chemistry with Brundle who's a great pundit. BBC please get rid of him.