Formula One TV Coverage

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

Re: Formula One TV Coverage

Post by phil1993 » 19 Sep 2012, 14:49

Crofty is good to listen to for the practice sessions, but he's not so good in the race. I also find him a bit arrogant generally. But I'm sure he's a nice guy deep down.

I prefer Ted in general (some of the put downs he has done on people have been hilarious) but for greater technical insight I prefer Gary. Ted's Notebooks are good though.

I think Khodr would just prefer Natalie doing everything though :O

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 19 Sep 2012, 15:11

Yeah its abit much, but they could alternate especially as Hill sometimes isnt at every race just like Mcnish isnt.

But, Mcnish was superb i reckon. I like having a variety of ex drivers, I liked Villeneuve on the show. I mean, to be honest, get DC, Herbert and Georgie to front the programme. Have Brundle and Jordan doing the pitlane rounds, features and grid walk. kravitz on the tech, Get Davidson and Mcnish on the Skypad. Having Brundle and Edwards on commentary and then have guests like Villeneuve and Hill at so many races.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Sep 2012, 15:17

I'd get rid of Damon Hill. I don't think he adds anything.

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 19 Sep 2012, 15:19

mikhailv wrote:jake humphries is an utter tosser anyway.

From day 1 on BBC F1 he annoyed the s*** out of me. Acting asif he's everyones mate, no knowledge. Thats what I hate about BBC. I love Ben Edwards from BTCC, to be honest, get DC/Eddie/Edwards over to sky. Ditch Crofty.

Perfect line up for me;

Lazenby, Kravitz, Mcnish, Davidson, DC, Hill, Herbert, Thompson as pundits. Pinkham, Brundle and Jordan doing the rounds around the grid/pitlane. Then get Eddie back with Hill/Herbert/Lazenby,and get Brundle with Ben Edwards, job done I reckon.

Just cant stand crofty. Ben edwards is awsome, love his voice, especially in BTCC. But yeah. Dont let gary anderson near sky f1, cant stand the douchebag. Not only did he openly slate ferrari to high hell at the start of the season saying the pull rod is ridiculous and its the root of all evil, in the F1 mag with Alonso on the cover, Anderson even said he thinks Vettel is and will be better than Senna, and Alonso isnt as good as Vettel nor Senna.
You are annoyed by Humphrey, but you're perfect line up includes Lazenby? Wow, just wow.
Personally, I enjoyed last year's BBC coverage a lot more (haven't seen much of this year tbh) than this year's Sky coverage. The presenter line up was/is just so much better, Herbert/Hill are just plain boring most of the time (with Herbert still the better of the two) and Lazenby is just annoying. His interview skills are horrid imo, not to mention that every second question of his is "So, how difficult is it....?". Sky should replace him.
It's not all good with the BBC, sometimes they try to force it with their teasing of Eddie and I've seen Jordan's bit on the Hamilton-Mercedes rumors, it was just way over the top, he almost seemed a parody of himself.

Perfect line up would be Humphrey/DC/Jordan, Brundle/Edwards, McKenzie and Kravitz (I can't stand him, yet his in-race snippets are great)

And again. Lazenby??? You got to be kidding me.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 19 Sep 2012, 15:23

phil1993 wrote:I'd get rid of Damon Hill. I don't think he adds anything.
He's alright once or twice. Mostly for Herberts looks of 'whatever, Damon'.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 19 Sep 2012, 15:31

MavF1 wrote:

From day 1 on BBC F1 he annoyed the s*** out of me. Acting asif he's everyones mate, no knowledge. Thats what I hate about BBC. I love Ben Edwards from BTCC, to be honest, get DC/Eddie/Edwards over to sky. Ditch Crofty.

Perfect line up for me;

Lazenby, Kravitz, Mcnish, Davidson, DC, Hill, Herbert, Thompson as pundits. Pinkham, Brundle and Jordan doing the rounds around the grid/pitlane. Then get Eddie back with Hill/Herbert/Lazenby,and get Brundle with Ben Edwards, job done I reckon.

Just cant stand crofty. Ben edwards is awsome, love his voice, especially in BTCC. But yeah. Dont let gary anderson near sky f1, cant stand the douchebag. Not only did he openly slate ferrari to high hell at the start of the season saying the pull rod is ridiculous and its the root of all evil, in the F1 mag with Alonso on the cover, Anderson even said he thinks Vettel is and will be better than Senna, and Alonso isnt as good as Vettel nor Senna.
You are annoyed by Humphrey, but you're perfect line up includes Lazenby? Wow, just wow.
Personally, I enjoyed last year's BBC coverage a lot more (haven't seen much of this year tbh) than this year's Sky coverage. The presenter line up was/is just so much better, Herbert/Hill are just plain boring most of the time (with Herbert still the better of the two) and Lazenby is just annoying. His interview skills are horrid imo, not to mention that every second question of his is "So, how difficult is it....?". Sky should replace him.
It's not all good with the BBC, sometimes they try to force it with their teasing of Eddie and I've seen Jordan's bit on the Hamilton-Mercedes rumors, it was just way over the top, he almost seemed a parody of himself.

Perfect line up would be Humphrey/DC/Jordan, Brundle/Edwards, McKenzie and Kravitz (I can't stand him, yet his in-race snippets are great)

Lazenby is more proffessional and better at fronting a programme, settling into the role, and has only done what 13 races? How many has Humphries done? 68 races. Lazenby doesnt act like he's good old jake, everyones best mate who just annoys people.

The lads weekend at the F1 race act grew old halfway through 2010. Eddie and DC dont have personalitys which will debate with each other; DC just submits constantly and go 'well, your entitled to your opinion but' or just sprouts pro-redbull, eddie will force his opinion over, they need other people like Herbert or Mcnish, Villeneuve which arent afraid to speak their opinion and get a debate going instead of just submitting or conforming to opinion.

I like skys more proffessional and technological approach, and I rate the package better than BBC's package since 2009 in blunt honesty. I prefer my main presenter to feed the others, I feel Lazenby does a much better job as a presenter to those with knowledge, just like Thompson is good at that. And is good at having a lovely arse too.

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 19 Sep 2012, 16:03

mikhailv wrote:
MavF1 wrote:

Perfect line up for me;

Lazenby is more proffessional and better at fronting a programme, settling into the role, and has only done what 13 races? How many has Humphries done? 68 races. Lazenby doesnt act like he's good old jake, everyones best mate who just annoys people.

The lads weekend at the F1 race act grew old halfway through 2010. Eddie and DC dont have personalitys which will debate with each other; DC just submits constantly and go 'well, your entitled to your opinion but' or just sprouts pro-redbull, eddie will force his opinion over, they need other people like Herbert or Mcnish, Villeneuve which arent afraid to speak their opinion and get a debate going instead of just submitting or conforming to opinion.

I like skys more proffessional and technological approach, and I rate the package better than BBC's package since 2009 in blunt honesty. I prefer my main presenter to feed the others, I feel Lazenby does a much better job as a presenter to those with knowledge, just like Thompson is good at that. And is good at having a lovely arse too.
We'll have to agree to disagree here, that's for sure.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no BBC fanboy, the Sky coverage is still the best coverage out there, but for me it lacks something. You say that Sky is more professional, I say it just feels more corporate.
About DC and his pro-Red Bull comments: I don't deny that especially in 2010/11 his ties to Red Bull became a little too apparent sometimes, but it was never that blatant to get me worked up over it. Yet, Davidson also has ties with Mercedes, doesn't he? He even said it on air, I think he occasionally does some simulator work for them.
I have to say I also enjoyed Villeneuve, his take on F1 was refreshing. Wasn't he massively slating DRS? I couldn't help, but sympathize a little bit. I didn't like McNish at all, but nothing is as puzzling to me as your opinion on Lazenby. He's the only one I really want to see replaced at Sky.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 19 Sep 2012, 17:55

MavF1 wrote:
mikhailv wrote:
MavF1 wrote:

Perfect line up for me;

We'll have to agree to disagree here, that's for sure.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no BBC fanboy, the Sky coverage is still the best coverage out there, but for me it lacks something. You say that Sky is more professional, I say it just feels more corporate.
About DC and his pro-Red Bull comments: I don't deny that especially in 2010/11 his ties to Red Bull became a little too apparent sometimes, but it was never that blatant to get me worked up over it. Yet, Davidson also has ties with Mercedes, doesn't he? He even said it on air, I think he occasionally does some simulator work for them.
I have to say I also enjoyed Villeneuve, his take on F1 was refreshing. Wasn't he massively slating DRS? I couldn't help, but sympathize a little bit. I didn't like McNish at all, but nothing is as puzzling to me as your opinion on Lazenby. He's the only one I really want to see replaced at Sky.
Not much of a difference nowdays is there lmao!

Yeah DC's redbull ball sucking got too much. To be honest, Davidson does have ties but he rarely mentions it, i actually forgot until you reminded me! But he would stick with that team; its basically Honda anyway.

Villeneuve was brilliant. If he could swear live he bloody would. Reminds me alot of how James Hunt would commentate; and I like that, I miss that blunt honesty but modern day corporate machine environments and the fact you get sued for anything you say, its annoying.

Lazenby isnt that good, you mistake me, but compared purely to Jake id take him any day because he doesnt act like that knob head at work who goes around acting asif he's everyones best mate and all that. I think two posts up I posted my ideal line up, Georgie and DC being the front. Escpecially georgie. Hell front, back, side to side up or down! =]

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Sep 2012, 18:02

Just for you Mikhail :p

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Sep 2012, 18:22

I really like Ted, why do you guys hate him? He's very friendly. I met him this year in Bahrain and he was helpful.

But I don't know why he acts in a weird way in the post-race segment :zz:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Sep 2012, 18:25

iceman1 wrote:I really like Ted, why do you guys hate him? He's very friendly. I met him this year in Bahrain and he was helpful.

I think it's because I rubbed him up the wrong way in Silverstone, accidentally. Maybe because I looked too young to be there :p

What did he say to you in Bahrain?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Sep 2012, 18:30

phil1993 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:I really like Ted, why do you guys hate him? He's very friendly. I met him this year in Bahrain and he was helpful.

I think it's because I rubbed him up the wrong way in Silverstone, accidentally. Maybe because I looked too young to be there :p

What did he say to you in Bahrain?
I invited him to visit Lebanon, he said he wants to go to "Gemmayze" it's a place full of pubs & bars :rofl:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Sep 2012, 18:32

Is he Lebanese then? :lol:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Sep 2012, 18:40

phil1993 wrote:Is he Lebanese then? :lol:
No idea how he knew the name of that place :80:

Lee was the best :D