2010 F1 Calendar

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by shailf1 » 21 Sep 2009, 17:10

Good thing about the calender is that it has got 19 races.2 more than this year.

User avatar
Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2433
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 14:53

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by Rachael The Great » 21 Sep 2009, 17:11

phwoar, they're treating us :D
Image

Spinninggenius
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 25
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 17:28

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by Spinninggenius » 21 Sep 2009, 17:49

They'd be far better putting 2 of the flyaway races consecutively in the middle of the season like they did with USA and Canada. The calendar is looking more and more like a European sandwich between the large number of flyaways, and why on earth do they need a month off between Hungary and Belgium?

The Spinninggenius corrected calendar...

Bahrain
Australia
Malaysia
Europe (Silverstone)
Spain (Valencia)
Monaco
China
Japan
Canada
Great Britain
Germany
Hungary
Turkey
Abu Dhabi
Belgium
Italy
Korea
Singapore
Brazil

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by phil1993 » 23 Sep 2009, 16:07

We're all cheerful about having 19 races, but if we're not careful we might be down to 15 with Spa, Montreal, Germany and Korea not 100% for being on the 2010 Calendar

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by shailf1 » 23 Sep 2009, 16:17

phil1993 wrote:We're all cheerful about having 19 races, but if we're not careful we might be down to 15 with Spa, Montreal, Germany and Korea not 100% for being on the 2010 Calendar

there is nothing else we can do, so the only thing we can do is to be cheerful! :p

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 3936
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 10:50

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 23 Sep 2009, 17:10

shailf1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:We're all cheerful about having 19 races, but if we're not careful we might be down to 15 with Spa, Montreal, Germany and Korea not 100% for being on the 2010 Calendar

there is nothing else we can do, so the only thing we can do is to be cheerful! :p

yay Spa is gone ...

prozac26
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 56
Joined: 13 Sep 2009, 18:54

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by prozac26 » 23 Sep 2009, 21:00

Come on...

Spa in doubt?

User avatar
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5234
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Location: India
Contact:

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by sdutt » 26 Sep 2009, 01:32

Tom Vandenhove wrote:
shailf1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:We're all cheerful about having 19 races, but if we're not careful we might be down to 15 with Spa, Montreal, Germany and Korea not 100% for being on the 2010 Calendar

there is nothing else we can do, so the only thing we can do is to be cheerful! :p

yay Spa is gone ...

:hug: :lol:
Image
Image

User avatar
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5234
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Location: India
Contact:

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by sdutt » 26 Sep 2009, 01:34

prozac26 wrote:Come on...

Spa in doubt?


yup! some anti-noise group have started making noise.....
Image
Image

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by phil1993 » 27 Sep 2009, 07:42

Teams to seek 2010 Calendar talks

Formula 1 teams are to seek talks with the sport's commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone to try and reshuffle next year's calendar because of concerns about travel arrangements, AUTOSPORT has learned.

The FIA announced a provisional version of the calendar following last week's hearing of the World Motor Sport Council in Paris.

Although most of the 19-race schedule, which begins in Bahrain on March 14 is acceptable, there has been some worry about the logistics of some of the events - and especially having the Turkish Grand Prix on May 30, just one week after Monaco.

Shipping the cars by either boat or road over back-to-back weekends will be especially tough – and the option of turning Turkey into a 'flyaway' event would then have repercussions on the following proper flyaway in Canada.

Toyota F1 president John Howett told AUTOSPORT that the matter of the calendar would be discussion during a meeting of the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix.

"There needs to be further outline discussions on the additional race," explained Howett. "We need to understand what is envisaged, because logistically there are some challenges that need a major change.

"If you made Turkey a flyaway, you are then struggling with a flyaway to Montreal. There are some issues that we need practically to resolve."

The Montreal event has been provisionally scheduled for June 13, pending the completion of a contract with Formula One Management. Should those discussions not be successful, then the Monaco/Turkey problem would be resolved, because Istanbul would move back to the slot currently held by Canada.

The FOTA meeting in Singapore is also due to include discussions about the future of KERS, with Williams vowing to continue development of the technology, and the sorting out of more details regarding the Resource Restriction Agreement.


Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78953

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by phil1993 » 30 Sep 2009, 18:53

Hockenheim holds on to German GP

Hockenheim will continue as one of Germany's two Formula 1 circuits until at least 2018 after an agreement was reached over the track's F1 future.

Formula One Administration (FOA) and circuit chiefs have agreed a deal to cover any loss the event makes.

A statement on www.hockenheim.com read: "The FOA and the Hockenheim-Ring GmbH will share in the entrepreneurial opportunities and risks of the event."

Hockenheim, which alternates with the Nurburgring, first held the GP in 1970.

Promoters have predicted a 6m euro (£5.5m) loss on next year's Grand Prix.


Code: Select all

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8283837.stm

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 3936
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 10:50

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 10 Oct 2009, 13:50

Ecclestone doubting Donington Grand Prix
Spoiler:
F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is becoming ever-more doubtful over seeing the British Grand Prix held at Donington Park next year. Latest photos from the Leicestershire venue show the track to be far from completed ahead of July next year, when it is due to host its second Formula One event.

Having hosted a one-off European Grand Prix in 1993, Donington hopes to be returning to the F1 calendar in the place of Silverstone next year although the BRDC-owned venue still appears to have a chance as the former pushes to complete its project on time.Ecclestone remains disappointed with the progress rate of the construction work"It's not good, is it?" F1 commercial rights holder Ecclestone told The Times. "Even if they get the money, I cannot see how it will all be ready in time to go. It is very disappointing - because we thought it would happen - but they cannot go on missing deadlines."Having already been granted an extension to deadlines by Ecclestone, circuit leaseholders Donington Ventures Leisure Limited (DVLL) still appear to be behind schedule. "They could still come to us saying they have the money but there is no way the circuit would be ready at this late stage," Ecclestone continued."It looks as though we will have to start planning again."


Welcome back Silverstone :cool:

User avatar
cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5115
Joined: 25 Jun 2008, 11:26
Location: Inaccessible Island

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by cformula1 » 10 Oct 2009, 14:00

Tom Vandenhove wrote:Ecclestone doubting Donington Grand Prix
Spoiler:
F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is becoming ever-more doubtful over seeing the British Grand Prix held at Donington Park next year. Latest photos from the Leicestershire venue show the track to be far from completed ahead of July next year, when it is due to host its second Formula One event.

Having hosted a one-off European Grand Prix in 1993, Donington hopes to be returning to the F1 calendar in the place of Silverstone next year although the BRDC-owned venue still appears to have a chance as the former pushes to complete its project on time.Ecclestone remains disappointed with the progress rate of the construction work"It's not good, is it?" F1 commercial rights holder Ecclestone told The Times. "Even if they get the money, I cannot see how it will all be ready in time to go. It is very disappointing - because we thought it would happen - but they cannot go on missing deadlines."Having already been granted an extension to deadlines by Ecclestone, circuit leaseholders Donington Ventures Leisure Limited (DVLL) still appear to be behind schedule. "They could still come to us saying they have the money but there is no way the circuit would be ready at this late stage," Ecclestone continued."It looks as though we will have to start planning again."


Welcome back Silverstone :cool:

Either that or:
a) they race at Donington anyway, dodging sleeping construction workers and having a bit of rallycross at the same time, or,
b) there is no 2010 British GP.
Image

User avatar
Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 856
Joined: 10 Oct 2009, 11:12

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by Coopz » 10 Oct 2009, 14:01

Or move it to Brands hatch :zz: :n
Image

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by swca92 » 10 Oct 2009, 15:17

Brands Hatch??? The facilities are nowhere near good enough and the run off is way too small.

Post Reply