Most overrated drivers in F1 2009

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Most overrated drivers

Hamilton
14%
Raikkonen
6%
Webber
1%
Button
22%
Barrichello
5%
Fisichella
6%
Trulli
6%
Glock
4%
Vettel
11%
Kovalainen
11%
Nakajima
7%
Rosberg
5%
Other (Please State)
4%

Total votes: 103

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Most overrated drivers in F1 2009

Post by mikhailv » 10 Sep 2009, 10:06

joostlamers wrote:
cformula1 wrote:
Zack wrote: Also Mark Weber is not exceptional talent :p
I dare you to say that to the Mark Webber Forum :p
Mark is no World Champion material
Agreed. i see him more of a Fisichella in his prime, well prime, I say at renault. Good, solid second driver. Flashes of speed, but overall, a bog standard, nick heidfeld type driver.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Sep 2009, 04:22

Zack wrote:
Tommi wrote:Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button.
+1 :O

+Nico Rosberg ..but this year he very consistent and very good.
+Vettel (face it :p ) ...Poor consistency!

Normally all German and British driver are bit overrated :zz:

Also Mark Weber is not exceptional talent :p
+1

I agree esp wrt to Nico. People claim he has exceptional talent, but i haven't seen one solid drive from him where he fought his way around with a tough car. In that sense i guess Alonso, Jenson and Vettel have done it much better than Nico.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 13 Sep 2009, 13:47

On the contrary, Rosberg this year has become such a consistently good runner when the car's there for him (i.e. not at Monza or so much Belgium, but for every European race before that) which is why he has so many 4th to 6th position finishes this year.

Alonso is considered by the members of this forum on average to be the best out there, as proven by the poll Phil made, so what do you mean by over-rated? Does this mean he's only the second best out there? :p
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 14 Sep 2009, 08:54

definitively Button. He is a good driver but he is and has been regulary beaten by Rubens.
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

dragoneak
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dragoneak » 14 Sep 2009, 19:36

In my humble opinion the most overrated driver is Sebastian Vettel. I like him very much but in his mother country he is considered as a next Schumacher. I think he is talented and he is a good driver but in my opinion he doesn't deserve champion title. In this season he made too much mistakes.
I still learn English. Please forgive me all mistakes. If I make any mistake just please tell me.

mememe
car driver
car driver

Post by mememe » 14 Sep 2009, 21:17

I voted JB, I think at the start of the season the other teams were playing catch-up etc and so the car was just completely superior/second best at all the first 7 races :).

It was ofcourse understandable at the time... JB consistenly beating RB...

But then things just haven't gone well for him until Monza.

Maybe not overrated now, but perhaps so after Silverstone, or some point around there?

Other than that I don't think any drivers have been reeeally overrated! :O
Kimi fan.
Mclaren fan.

'98 Spa- my first race, never missed one since!

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2009, 22:12

dragoneak wrote:In my humble opinion the most overrated driver is Sebastian Vettel. I like him very much but in his mother country he is considered as a next Schumacher. I think he is talented and he is a good driver but in my opinion he doesn't deserve champion title. In this season he made too much mistakes.
This is only his second complete season. I seem to remember Schumacher in 1992 going off at Imola and a few other places. Maybe he's overrated now, but I reckon if you give him two years, he will be WDC with 10+ career wins.

dragoneak
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dragoneak » 14 Sep 2009, 22:30

TwistedArmco wrote:
dragoneak wrote:In my humble opinion the most overrated driver is Sebastian Vettel. I like him very much but in his mother country he is considered as a next Schumacher. I think he is talented and he is a good driver but in my opinion he doesn't deserve champion title. In this season he made too much mistakes.
This is only his second complete season. I seem to remember Schumacher in 1992 going off at Imola and a few other places. Maybe he's overrated now, but I reckon if you give him two years, he will be WDC with 10+ career wins.
I entirely agree with you.
I wrote that I think he is talented and he is a good driver. I support him. But I'm talking about this season. In this season he made lot of mistakes.
I also reckon that in few years he will be WDC. But in present season he is overrated :)
He needs time.
I still learn English. Please forgive me all mistakes. If I make any mistake just please tell me.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2009, 22:41

dragoneak wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
I entirely agree with you.
I wrote that I think he is talented and he is a good driver. I support him. But I'm talking about this season. In this season he made lot of mistakes.
I also reckon that in few years he will be WDC. But in present season he is overrated :)
He needs time.
Fair point.

I think the fact that he looks as if he's having a bad year in a fast car is mostly engine failures adding to and multiplying the effect of his mistakes, but it could be interpreted either way.

Your point is well argued. :thumbsup:

shämito
kart driver
kart driver

Post by shämito » 15 Sep 2009, 12:00

Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 15 Sep 2009, 12:12

TwistedArmco wrote:On the contrary, Rosberg this year has become such a consistently good runner when the car's there for him (i.e. not at Monza or so much Belgium, but for every European race before that) which is why he has so many 4th to 6th position finishes this year.

Alonso is considered by the members of this forum on average to be the best out there, as proven by the poll Phil made, so what do you mean by over-rated? Does this mean he's only the second best out there? :p
well being best does not mean you are under rated.according to you theory, ide must be the most overrated driver because he has been voted the worst... The best driver can be overrated; it depends on how people think of him. Alonso is good but to some extend i believe people think if he gets a good car, no one can stop him.

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 15 Sep 2009, 12:50

My votes go to Button and Vettel , both drivers need more trainings to reach the "Well Rated" ...

Button last few seasons with honda forgot what competition is , Vettel is talented but he's young and he have lots of upcoming seasons to reach his maximum tho both drivers are doing good if not best they can but they are overrated ... Webber is not and never been overrated :p he's talented since he was @ minardi and Jaguar days :zz:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 15 Sep 2009, 12:55

Jaguar wrote:Webber is not and never been overrated :p he's talented since he was @ minardi and Jaguar days :zz:
You need ask yourself why his talent was not acknowledge by top teams for so many years ? :zz:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

virtuso13
car driver
car driver

Post by virtuso13 » 26 Sep 2009, 17:13

button definitely . he's just lucky to have the best car and ross brawn.