Schumacher set to replace Massa from Valencia - Cancelled

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Schumacher set to replace Massa from Valencia - Cancelled

Post by Rachael The Great » 11 Aug 2009, 09:58

:lol: i cant say i'm surprised actually, seemed too good to be true. bit of a bummer for Ferrari like :blink:

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 11 Aug 2009, 11:04

Off-Topic: show
Tom Vandenhove wrote: Please let him crash. I missed this moment (same as hakkinen at monza) and I always wanted to see a driver crying
But you can hear every race Kubica crying because the car doesn't work :lol: :lol: :wave:

AzShadow

Re: Schumacher set to replace Massa from Valencia

Post by AzShadow » 11 Aug 2009, 11:23

phil1993 wrote:Yeah. I didnt want Massa to be fit so Schumi could race but now I want Felipe back. I didnt pay lots of money for Spa to see a crappy test driver race
You didn't want Massa to recover just to see Schumi race? :confused:

Well, Schumi had this argument all along with him if he needed to back down, whether it really was about neck problems or just feeling he wouldn't be competitive as the F2009 test was turned down etc.

phil1993

Re: Schumacher set to replace Massa from Valencia

Post by phil1993 » 11 Aug 2009, 11:26

AzShadow wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Yeah. I didnt want Massa to be fit so Schumi could race but now I want Felipe back. I didnt pay lots of money for Spa to see a crappy test driver race
You didn't want Massa to recover just to see Schumi race? :confused:
Wouldn't you? :O Not in a sick and twisted kind of way, just that I would have been able to see Massa next year or the year after, but the opportunity to see MS race might now have (now won't) occur

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 11 Aug 2009, 11:32

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Totally gutted, was really looking forward to the Masters return.....

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 11 Aug 2009, 11:55

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I WILL HAVE A HEART FAILURE!
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Aug 2009, 13:03

Here is the accident that caused schumacher's neck injury

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Aug 2009, 13:05

joostlamers wrote:Epic lol fail :rofl:

Oh my god, I am laughing my *ss off :lol:

Best news ever to wake up with
pathetic!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Aug 2009, 14:15

Zack wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Epic lol fail :rofl:

Oh my god, I am laughing my *ss off :lol:

Best news ever to wake up with
pathetic!
Yeah sure, whatever, he had his chance, Ferrari treats their test drivers (AND stand-in drivers!) as pigs. Asking a retired F1-driver to replace it's injured 2nd driver, over their testdrivers (AND stand-in drivers!). Gene and Badoer were the only 2 drivers who deserved this drive, not Schumacher! Why do they call them stand in drivers anyway, if they don't ask them in the forst place! That's pathetic!

Schumacher winning belief gone, says Jordan
Spoiler:
Eddie Jordan is confident that Michael Schumacher would only have returned to Formula One had the seven-time World Champion been totally convinced that both his physical condition and ability to win remained fully in tact. The German announced on Tuesday that, due to injuries, he will not return and is therefore replaced by Luca Badoer.

With Schumacher having awaited test results this week after a motorcycle accident damaged his neck in February, the German regrettably announced that his strained muscles would not be able to cope with the 57-lap European Grand Prix next weekend. Jordan, former team boss and the first F1 employer of Schumacher in 1991, believes that pride as well as physical ability is involved in the decision.

"I am surprised," the television pundit told the BBC. "First of all, I was surprised that he was actually going to come back because I thought that was a big move and a daring move. Nevertheless - once he had gone and tested and set in motion the 2007 car, had got a team around him and was due to test again today - I am really surprised because only a couple of weeks ago he did a kart race against all of the other Formula One drivers and he beat them - so I thought two reasons for this: a) that the injury sustained in the motorbike accident is actually more severe than we first thought and, secondly, that the arduous obligation of your neck against the g-forces that are involved in these modern-day Grand Prix cars is so demanding that he just physically couldn't do it."

With reserve driver Badoer called in to replace the German, Jordan questioned the status of multiple Champion Schumacher in the sport. "The sceptic inside me is just saying maybe he wasn't quick enough and he just wanted to maintain his reputation," he Irishman admitted. "Of course, we don't know the full facts but that is a very definite consideration - he's a wily character, he knows his best potential. Let's be very clear, if he could have got through the race (and the one race where his neck may not have been put to the same excursion of other races is Valencia) then at Spa he would be really difficult to beat because that is his prime track.

"He obviously has spent a lot of time looking to see if he could do it; remember, this isn't just yesterday or today - it's two weeks and it's very intense training and somebody, either himself or his advisors, has come up with 'we are physically not well enough, at 40 years of age, to make this comeback'. Be assured that he was only going to come back to win races so he clearly now believes he can't do that."

Code: Select all

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/08/11/schumacher-winning-belief-gone-says-jordan/
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

shämito
kart driver
kart driver

Post by shämito » 11 Aug 2009, 14:55

So sad :(

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 11 Aug 2009, 14:57

'Schumacher bike accident most serious yet'
11 August 2009
Michael Schumacher's manager has revealed that the driver's motorcycle accident in February was the most serious automotive mishap of the German's career. The 40-year-old is unable to carry out substitute race duties for Felipe Massa as a result of the injuries which were inflicted while testing in Spain.

With regular Ferrari driver Massa having been hit on the head by an 800g (1.7lb) steel spring in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix, Schumacher was announced as replacement for the Brazilian until Tuesday when medical test results and much deliberation with doctors forced the 91-time race winner not to take the risk of racing the 57-lap European Grand Prix.

"It was the most serious accident in Michael's motorsport career," manager Willi Weber told the German press of the neck-damaging shunt. "It's a real pity. Like everyone else, I was really looking forward to the comeback." With the seven-time World Champion remaining on the sidelines, Luca Badoer will slot into the position to end a ten-year race drought in F1.

Code: Select all

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/08/11/schumacher-bike-accident-most-serious-yet/
Tommorow at 2 there will be a press conference with Michael, Mark Webber and some doctors

Also Jonathan Legard says Schumacher could still return if Badoer is off the pace

Nin13
car driver
car driver

Post by Nin13 » 11 Aug 2009, 15:22

Bad news!!

rfs
kart driver
kart driver

Post by rfs » 11 Aug 2009, 15:37

Grr. I wanted to see him race Lewis. :<>:

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 11 Aug 2009, 20:33

joostlamers wrote:Asking a retired F1-driver to replace it's injured 2nd driver, over their testdrivers (AND stand-in drivers!). Gene and Badoer were the only 2 drivers who deserved this drive, not Schumacher! Why do they call them stand in drivers anyway, if they don't ask them in the forst place! That's pathetic!
i agree, whats the point in having test drivers if they arent gonna use them? how the hell must the stand-in drivers have felt when they knew Schumacher was taking the seat they'd been waiting for? i would have been extremely pissed off.
dont get me wrong it would've been great for Schumacher to come back for the drivers to race against him again but i thought it was pretty unfair on the other drivers.

Earth
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Earth » 11 Aug 2009, 20:37

I prediction this :zz: but no one was listening me :lol: