Kubica announced as Renault driver for 2010

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Kubica announced as Renault driver for 2010

Post by TwistedArmco » 29 Jul 2009, 15:35

I know this is slightly covered in the 2010 discussions and the BMW exit discussions, but I feel that this topic is valid given that it focuses solely on Robert Kubica.

Questions, optional to answer:

Is Robert enough of a talent for a team to go out of their way to sign?
Who out of the current teams will have space and suitability (in terms of team-mates) in their line-up next year?
Do you think Robert would settle for a new for 2010 team?
Will he quit the sport and go rallying?
At this point, can you rule out Robert ever winning a championship in his career, or is the exit of BMW irrelevant to this?
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

phil1993

Re: The future of Robert Kubica

Post by phil1993 » 29 Jul 2009, 15:41

Questions, optional to answer:

Is Robert enough of a talent for a team to go out of their way to sign?
Yes
Who out of the current teams will have space and suitability (in terms of team-mates) in their line-up next year?
Renault
Do you think Robert would settle for a new team?
He has no choice!
Will he quit the sport and go rallying?
Possibly, but he is only 24 or 25 and wants to be an F1 champion
At this point, can you rule out Robert ever winning a championship in his career, or is the exit of BMW irrelevant to this?
No. He might be champion with another team, but maybe his best chance has gone

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 29 Jul 2009, 21:19

Yeah, sorry, I kinda meant a new team as in a new for 2010 team like Campos, USF1 or Manor.

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 29 Jul 2009, 21:36

I think he's going to stay in the team right now. Somebody will buy the BMW team because there's so much talents there..

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Jul 2009, 11:53

Kubica on the market
Robert Kubica's manager says the Polish driver is now officially on the market following the announcement of BMW's exit from Formula 1.

The German company said on Wednesday it will leave the sport at the end of the 2009 season, a shock decision that caught Formula 1 by surprise.

BMW said it is yet to decide on what it will do with the team and its staff.

Kubica, who has been with the team since the 2006 season, had a contract with BMW until the end of 2010, but the team's exit has left the Pole's future in an uncertain position.

However, his manager Daniele Morelli made it clear that Kubica is now open to offers.

"There was no sign inside the team that something like this could happen. We take note of it," Morelli told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Robert was under contract until the end of 2010, but now he's officially on the market."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77430

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 30 Jul 2009, 12:10

Would Williams or Force India try to sign him???

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Jul 2009, 12:41

Yeah. They'd fail, but they'd still try.

I think NR to McLaren and HK and RK at Renault. Grosjean will get 7 races this season and Flav will realise he's s***

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Jul 2009, 15:58

Where would you like him to go? I'd like to see him in a Brawn or somewhere, but I think ultimately Kubica and Vettel in Ferraris would be awesome.

Being realistic, I'd like to see Kubica occupy the second McLaren or second Brawn.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Jul 2009, 16:11

I'd like to see him in Williams/Brawn. Not McLaren.

robert_kubica_fan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by robert_kubica_fan » 30 Jul 2009, 16:23

Hmm, I think he should go to Brawn, McLaren or Renault, but not Williams, please :D

The Immortal Dragon
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by The Immortal Dragon » 31 Jul 2009, 00:17

He might have a quite big window of opportunities for next season.
Luckly for him, the drivers market is still waiting for the Concorde agreement to be signed, and it will probably start fully in September.
He's got all the time he wants.
I think he might end up to Williams or McLaren, depending on whether Rosberg stays at Williams or goes to McL, or Brawn (but only if they don't go in freefall this season)
2000 - San Marino (Friday)
2001 - San Marino (Saturday)
2003 - Italy (Sunday)
2008 - Great Britain (Sunday)
2009 - Great Britain (Friday)
2010 - Great Britain (Sunday)
2011 - Belgium (Sunday)
2012 - Germany (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 31 Jul 2009, 01:35

Kubica is a bad driver. In his F1 career, he has made anything. He just "wait" on track to see if he can take some points.

In Monaco 2008, he made no error. People said he is the best. But he made no error because he was slow.

In his career, just 2 times he took risks : at monaco 07 and at Australia 09. Results: 2 crashs
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 31 Jul 2009, 02:38

Totopupu wrote:Kubica is a bad driver. In his F1 career, he has made anything. He just "wait" on track to see if he can take some points.

In Monaco 2008, he made no error. People said he is the best. But he made no error because he was slow.

In his career, just 2 times he took risks : at monaco 07 and at Australia 09. Results: 2 crashs

I dont think so.
You remember Massa vs Kubica last year in one of the rain affected GP.
They both took their chances.

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 31 Jul 2009, 08:55

Rally :p
Spoiler:
In the week when Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen will make his World Rally Championship debut on Rally Finland, BMW Formula 1 driver Robert Kubica says he expects to follow the Finn into rallying.

Answering readers' questions in this month's F1 Racing magazine, Kubica talks about his enjoyment of the sport and his admiration of the drivers in the WRC.

Earlier this year, there was speculation that Kubica would be making his own WRC debut at Rally Poland in his own Skoda Fabia WRC. There was no truth in those rumours and he kept a low profile during his nation's return to WRC. But Kubica is confident he will be on the stages at some point in his career.

"I'm a big fan of rallying," he said. "I really enjoy watching it and I would like to do some rallying just for fun. As for the future, whether I'll have the opportunity to do some rallying really depends on which stage of my career I'm at.

"I'd say there is a high possibility that I'll be in some rallies. I've had a rally car for five or six years and used to drive it quite a lot."

Having tested his own rally cars, Kubica says he can appreciate the skills required to keep the car between the trees.

"There are many [rally] drivers I really respect and, when I've tried a bit of rallying in the past, I know what big b*** these guys have. Big b***," he added. "To be on the limit, to fight for tenths of a second on roads lined with trees - in racing, we know every corner and every kerb. But rallying is different.

"I like Tommi Makinen, Colin McRae, Richard Burns, Carlos Sainz and now, of course, Sebastien Loeb. I also like the way Mikko Hirvonen is driving at the moment."
You'r welcome to drive your first rally in here, in the Artcic Lapland Rally.
Just like Kimi did :p

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Aug 2009, 12:58

How about Kubica to Renault ''hmm''
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at