Felipe Massa Injury - Fisichella to race to the end of 2009

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

If Massa cannot race, who should replace him?

Poll ended at 14 Aug 2009, 18:52

Fernando Alonso
36%
Luca Badoer
28%
Mirko Bortolotti
3%
Sebastien Bourdais
11%
Marc Gene
22%
Davide Rigon
No votes

Total votes: 36

phil1993

Re: Felipe Massa Injury - Badoer to race until Massa returns

Post by phil1993 » 23 Aug 2009, 19:11

Tom Vandenhove wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Stirling Moss IMO
I'd say ...
Spoiler:
HURRR :lol:
Spoiler:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 23 Aug 2009, 19:24

Luca told the BBC he was happy with his performance.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 24 Aug 2009, 07:57

iceman1 wrote:Luca told the BBC he was happy with his performance.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 Aug 2009, 10:36

Ferrari said Michael is NOT going to race this year...
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 Aug 2009, 10:43

Is the Ant the answer???
Spoiler:
Anthony Davidson has vowed to offer his services to the Ferrari team as a potential replacement for the struggling Luca Badoer.

"I will be speaking to Ferrari personally this week to put my name forward," said the 30-year-old Briton, who was BAR/Honda's long time test driver and raced for Super Aguri as recently as last year.

Davidson travels to all the races as a commentator for British radio, and due to his reserve duties for Brawn GP earlier this year he already has a current Super Licence.

He said Badoer, who at Valencia began substituting for the injured Felipe Massa, did not perform to the F60's full potential in Spain.

"Luca was not anywhere near scoring points and that car is capable of doing that," Davidson is quoted as saying by the Daily Telegraph newspaper.

"I'm ready and I think I'm better. That's not being arrogant. It's just what I believe. I've got the necessary experience that I'll get my chance in Formula One - so why not at Ferrari?"

Code: Select all

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090824115626.shtml
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Aug 2009, 10:47

I'd love to see Ant in the Ferrari! Hopefully he would score points!

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 24 Aug 2009, 10:50

wow. Davidson ? cool ...

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 24 Aug 2009, 11:09

Gené says he'll not drive ...

'Difficult' for Gené not to drive
Mark Gené admits that not being chosen as replacement driver for Felipe Massa was a tough reality to cope with at the weekend. The Spaniard, one of two test drivers for Ferrari alongside Luca Badoer, remained on the sidelines as the Italian was selected to compete alongside Kimi Räikkönen.

As with Badoer before the weekend, Gené has never driven for Ferrari in a Grand Prix although the Maranello team chose to use the services of its longest serving pilot in Valencia. "These weeks have not been easy for me," Gené wrote in his El Mundo blog. "It is difficult to assimilate not running my home Grand Prix after winning the Le Mans 24 Hours this year as well as completing over 10,000 kilometres of running with Ferrari and Peugeot.

"As for the race, to be in Valencia is always special. Badoer improved rapidly; their progress has been steady all weekend and he did what was asked to do but it has shown that, after not competing for many years, making a return to competition is much more difficult - his debut has been complicated because he has been out for a long time and it is one thing to test but another to race."

Gené's own last drive in Formula One came for Williams as the Catalan driver replaced the injured Ralf Schumacher for two races in 2004. What does Marc expect as F1 heads to what he describes as 'the best circuit in the world' this weekend? "We all want to race there," he said ahead of the Belgian Grand Prix at the renowned Spa-Francorchamps. "The key will be the weather. The race was fantastic last year, with the final battle between Hamilton and Räikkönen; it will be very different to Valencia - I expect the unstable weather will create a great race."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/08/24/difficult-for-gene-not-to-drive/

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 24 Aug 2009, 12:15

joostlamers wrote:Is the Ant the answer???
Spoiler:
Anthony Davidson has vowed to offer his services to the Ferrari team as a potential replacement for the struggling Luca Badoer.

"I will be speaking to Ferrari personally this week to put my name forward," said the 30-year-old Briton, who was BAR/Honda's long time test driver and raced for Super Aguri as recently as last year.

Davidson travels to all the races as a commentator for British radio, and due to his reserve duties for Brawn GP earlier this year he already has a current Super Licence.

He said Badoer, who at Valencia began substituting for the injured Felipe Massa, did not perform to the F60's full potential in Spain.

"Luca was not anywhere near scoring points and that car is capable of doing that," Davidson is quoted as saying by the Daily Telegraph newspaper.

"I'm ready and I think I'm better. That's not being arrogant. It's just what I believe. I've got the necessary experience that I'll get my chance in Formula One - so why not at Ferrari?"

Ferrari is going to ignore him :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 24 Aug 2009, 12:21

Tom Vandenhove wrote:Gené says he'll not drive ...
He didn't said anything like that :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 24 Aug 2009, 12:28

Zack wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:Gené says he'll not drive ...
He didn't said anything like that :lol:
:blush: I must've read something wrong then

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 24 Aug 2009, 13:43

I still believe in the Schumacher's Monza comeback. His neck was not ready in the 2 weeks or so but he has 1) continued training 2) it allowed more time (another 4 weeks in fact) for his neck to train 3) less lateral head movement at Monza 4) great moral boost for F1; Ferrari and the tifosi 5) the door is open; both from Ferrari, in their statements and in Schumi's own statements (read OWN statements NOT media speculation).

Arhibald
car driver
car driver

Post by Arhibald » 24 Aug 2009, 13:52

Genè would've done better than Badoer. I think that in the next race at Spa Badoer will do as good as Genè could've probably done already in Valencia. Ferrari should replace Badoer after Spa and Genè is, at least in my opinion, the only "good" choice for them. For now. BUT I wouldn't forget Schumi just yet! If in any case Schumacher makes a comeback this year I'd say it'd be in the japanese GP in october. I doubt he'll be able to recover fully for the Italian GP and neither do I think that it'd be such a good idea for him to make his return in Singapore because he has never raced there. But he has raced in Suzuka so he might have a chance to do well which is why I'll hope he'll come back then!

koinek
kart driver
kart driver

Post by koinek » 25 Aug 2009, 07:39

joostlamers wrote:Is the Ant the answer???
Spoiler:

I really hope they let Davidson into the Ferrari. I think it's a real tragedy that considering his talent, his ship sank with Super Aguri. He needs another shot. I'd say the same goes for Bourdais.

As for Gene, Ferrari gains nothing by putting another Italian has-been into their car. At least with Bourdais or Ant, they get a new set of international fans.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 25 Aug 2009, 09:02

I dont know why people are talking about Ferrari replacement. Badoer said it was just his test session and he just had to drive as much as he could. I am pretty sure he wasent even near his limit. Belgium will show a different Badoer...