Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Kimi Raikkonen be in 2010?

Poll ended at 28 Dec 2009, 21:51

Sabbatical (rallying)
64%
Mercedes
36%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

Post by Zack » 20 Nov 2009, 17:16

megasyxx wrote:
Zack wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Sad news: Due to lack of fund we will lose one server tomorrow ::oops:;
:S
Connect life? :(
Yeah, life gets disconnected!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 20 Nov 2009, 17:48

noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 20 Nov 2009, 18:42

Zack wrote:
amoljoshi wrote:
Zack wrote:Its nice Kimi is showing some interest in Formula One Racing and just not opting for money :p
Sad news: Due to lack of fund we will lose one server tomorrow ::oops:;
I bet he always wanted to Race in F1. Thats why he has been here for 9 years.
He might not show his emotions, so people make sad jokes about him.

Sadly u`r in that group as well.
Flag:##
What group ? :lol:

Yes, he wanted to race in f1 but not without winning car & money :zz: ...natural hungry racer would have agreed to take pay cut for that Mclaren seat or protest contract breech by Ferrari :zz:

I hope Kimi's fans/supporters here love sports more and won't leave F1 after his exit.
It was not only the salary. It`s about different things which Mclarens do these days. Why to do these many PR events anyway if u`r a racing team then u should have ur drivers concentrating on "RACING"!

About the Rally Stuff and why he wants to rally these days. Remember he never mentioned it when there was on season testing going on in F1. He simply gets bored with only 17-18 weekends of Racing and wants more.

I think I will not be interested in F1 without Kimi. I would rather watch wherever Kimi goes, where it is pure racing and sponsors don`t buy race seats in a team.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 21 Nov 2009, 22:58

MERC's SPONSOR-PARTNER WANTS RAIKKÖNEN - SWITCH CLOSER?
21.11.2009 18:50
Ilta-Sanomat

The talks about a sabbatical year seem to go down in history. Merc's Arabic sponsor wants Kimi Räikkönen to the team as a leading star.

The saga of Räikkönen's future has been swelling during the week with a pace two steps forward, one step backward. But if one is to believe the talks from Aabar Investment manager Rudolp Waelsi, the future sponsor for Mercedes from Arab countries, the sabbatical year is no longer an option worth considering.

In Abu Dhabi Sport 2 -channel's interview Waels said that the company wants specifically Räikkönen to Mercedes for next season. Waels justified it by saying that Räikkönen is the only one of the vacant drivers who has a WDC attached to his belt.

Aabar's spokesman assured that they are ready to invest so much in in Mercedes GP in Abu Dhabi that both the WDC and the WCC is possible next season.

Michael Schumacher is also involved in the Merc-rumours. To the comeback-rumour Mercedes replied the following:
- Some speculations are just a dream that will never come true, a representative for Mercedes told Reuters.

Schumacher's comeback-rumour got an extra spin when Eddie Jordan told BBC that he thinks Schumi is the number one driver for Mercedes next season.

But if the information from Abu Dhabi are correct then the job is already ear-marked for Kimi Räikkönen.

Kalle Takala

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 22 Nov 2009, 04:59

amoljoshi wrote: It was not only the salary. It`s about different things which Mclarens do these days. Why to do these many PR events anyway if u`r a racing team then u should have ur drivers concentrating on "RACING"!

About the Rally Stuff and why he wants to rally these days. Remember he never mentioned it when there was on season testing going on in F1. He simply gets bored with only 17-18 weekends of Racing and wants more.

I think I will not be interested in F1 without Kimi. I would rather watch wherever Kimi goes, where it is pure racing and sponsors don`t buy race seats in a team.
Don't be racing hypocrite :p ...without money racing is impossible! PR events are crucial element of F1. Don't forget kimi himself does private personal pr stuff :zz:

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 22 Nov 2009, 18:03

Zack wrote:
amoljoshi wrote: It was not only the salary. It`s about different things which Mclarens do these days. Why to do these many PR events anyway if u`r a racing team then u should have ur drivers concentrating on "RACING"!

Don't be racing hypocrite :p ...without money racing is impossible! PR events are crucial element of F1. Don't forget kimi himself does private personal pr stuff :zz:
I don `t think that I`m a hypocrite. They need sponsors but at least sponsors should not choose drivers.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 24 Nov 2009, 21:38

Heikki Kulta does not think that Kimi is in negotiations for the Mercedes seat anymore, he believes it's between Kubica and Heidfeld, and that Mercedes will wait until December when Renault decides about it's future in F1.

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/90961.html

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 25 Nov 2009, 16:38

I think Kimi will go to Mercedes if the price is right. Whether or not the price actually is right remains to be seen. But I hope Kimi gets the drive. He is very talented and he shouldn't let his talents go to waste (although Rally also requires talent, but of a different kind).

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Nov 2009, 17:09

amoljoshi wrote:
Zack wrote:

I don `t think that I`m a hypocrite. They need sponsors but at least sponsors should not choose drivers.
I agree but sometimes that's the only scope to keep it running for not well financed teams ... In Ferrari's case it was shameful.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

geewhiz14
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by geewhiz14 » 26 Nov 2009, 08:42

If Kimi's not in the running anymore then Mercedes should have the b*** to admit it publicly.

Otherwise, they can stick their PR gloss and attempts at keeping up the hopes of the Kimi fans where the sun doesn't shine.
Football+Racing+Design+Travel: http://bouncebackabilitrix.wordpress.com
Architecture+Design+Arts&Crafts+Lifestyle: http://marjitecture.wordpress.com

F1TL
car driver
car driver

Post by F1TL » 02 Dec 2009, 14:33

Even though I'd like him to stay in F1, I think he will be on sabbatical next year. I'm just keeping my hopes up for the possible, but unlikely, return to F1 with Red Bull in 2011.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Dec 2009, 15:29

I hear rumours that Kimi has signed a deal with Citroen thanks to Red Bull and that he will return to F1 in 2011 with RBR...
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 03 Dec 2009, 15:45

****, Kimi's switch to rally is as good as confirmed by autosport... which driver will I support now?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Dec 2009, 15:50

Raikkonen will be announced as the team mate to Sebastien Ogier in the Citroen Junior Team in a few hours time. He will compete every round except for New Zealand.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 03 Dec 2009, 15:56

Good to hear he's not quitting all kinds of autosport. Hopefully he can make a comeback in 2011