Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Kimi Raikkonen be in 2010?

Poll ended at 28 Dec 2009, 21:51

Sabbatical (rallying)
64%
Mercedes
36%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

Post by Zack » 06 Dec 2009, 12:57

sdutt wrote:
Burgerlim wrote:seems ferrari didnt like him very much huh?
:thumbsup:
can make out they were not supportive of Kimi to an extent.
Mclaren had said that he was very good in developing a car, but ferrari say he isnt. can clearly see where the difference is
Ferrari propably was too used to schumi ... and fail to adapt to kimi. Alonso is better in communication skills (from outside it seems like that!). Move to rally expected and probably end of kimi in f1. To me it's cool because I personally find rally more difficult than f1 and uncertain.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 06 Dec 2009, 19:11

TwistedArmco wrote:I always wonder what I will think when Alonso retires. Whether I will become apathetic or dissillusioned. So, what are we thinking about Kimi's (highly probable) departure? Will you switch support or become an impartial observer?
From now on, I would not have a reason to watch F1. Frankly, I would not waste my time watching F1.

I`ll waste my time in understanding rally. :thumbsup:

Is there a counter rally zone of this site? like rallyzone.net? or f1zone.net/rally? :n

Or otherwise visiting f1zone would be of no fun too. :confused:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 06 Dec 2009, 19:13

Made a 2009 WRC thread which was c**p so here's the 2010 one http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5335

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 06 Dec 2009, 19:16

sdutt wrote:
Burgerlim wrote:seems ferrari didnt like him very much huh?
:thumbsup:
can make out they were not supportive of Kimi to an extent.
Mclaren had said that he was very good in developing a car, but ferrari say he isnt. can clearly see where the difference is
sorry to see but Ferrari never really got on with "Schumi left" feeling. They were searching for another Schumi when they would have had more success if they supported Kimi.

Again with the new driver replacing Kimi ( u guys know who ) they`ll search for Schumi in him. May be they`ll get what they want, but for how long they can do this? will they get another Schumi like fellow after that spanish guy?

P.S: I want to avoid the real name of the driver replacing Kimi. Because I don`t want to use bad words here. Flag:##

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 07 Dec 2009, 18:31

It seem i lost interest in f1 since its official kimi move to rally.i dont even bother on what happen in f1 like i used to know before this.
hmm..maybe i still shocked n cant accept datz finally kimi leaving f1 becomes reality.I've confused coz my mind thinking that i still will watch f1 even kimi's not there on 2010 coz i love the sport itself n at the same time my heart refused n denied i'm not in love with f1 anymore so how comes i pretend to watch the race n happy to see a single race without kimi.Nways,i wish kimi all the best in wrc.if kimi happy enough with rallies,y i've choose to feel sorrow.The question mark is will kimi return back on 2011??if he happy enough with rally will he return to f1 anymore.Thinking of those things make me even scared,coz of course i want to see him again in f1.kimi i'm not ready to say good bye..please come back,i'm begging u..n i luv u..i'm totally sad knowing u leave f1 for a year coz there is possibility i wont see u again in this pinnacle of motorsport!! sorry for a long comment guyz..i want to express my feeling inside n thnx for reading my comment.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 07 Dec 2009, 18:35

Kimi is probably going to return alongside Vettel at RBR in 2011, according to various sources. He is being sponsored by Red Bull when he drives the C4 next year...

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 07 Dec 2009, 18:46

phil1993 wrote:Kimi is probably going to return alongside Vettel at RBR in 2011, according to various sources. He is being sponsored by Red Bull when he drives the C4 next year...
Anything can happen.50-50.n i hope the percentage he choose to comeback is much greater from day to another day.Hope its truth.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 10 Dec 2009, 10:33

"Kimi had an offer from Mercedes, it was his own decision to do Rally." -Kimi's manager.

Stupid kimi... :(

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 10 Dec 2009, 11:35

Ah, well.. That's Kimi, he doensn't care what others say or advice, he does what he wants to do
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 11 Dec 2009, 17:27

sejtur wrote:"Kimi had an offer from Mercedes, it was his own decision to do Rally." -Kimi's manager.

Stupid kimi... :(
He was rather tired of hearing all these s*** thrown at him every now and then.

I agree with him 100% to switch to rallying.

MSC II
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MSC II » 16 Dec 2009, 15:51

Kimi has leaved F1 because F1 teams dont want to pay a lot someone who dont work alot to built the car.

Some guys will says me : "how you know he dont work alot?"

I think that since 2001, we can all see that when he has a problem on his car, he say anything on tv and he isnt angry with his team (Director, Ingenior, ...).

So, how a team can have a huge motivation to make a car for a guy who dont say anything when his car is good or bad?

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 16 Dec 2009, 16:06

it think that's not what kimi really is........ it's not that he doesn't say anything, he's just probably soft-spoken or something. he does give some info and feedback with his engineers, or to anyone related to the car he drives.

he's just misunderstood imo. :)

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 16 Dec 2009, 17:37

MSC II wrote:Kimi has leaved F1 because F1 teams dont want to pay a lot someone who dont work alot to built the car.

Some guys will says me : "how you know he dont work alot?"

I think that since 2001, we can all see that when he has a problem on his car, he say anything on tv and he isnt angry with his team (Director, Ingenior, ...).

So, how a team can have a huge motivation to make a car for a guy who dont say anything when his car is good or bad?

Nothing new u`r talking friend. been hearing this from lot of years.

Look at Mclaren, they say Kimi was good with the tech part. Mclaren is the team where he drive for 5 years.

I have no dis-respect for Ferrari. But still they never really got in love with Kimi. They were madly in love with their ex-driver Schumi. And thats imo is stupid of Ferrari.

The comments recently on Kimi from Ferrari was rubbish really. That shows dumbness of Ferrari management. (sorry could n`t find any other word than "dumbness".)

( To whoever Ferrari fan responds to this message, I`ll say I was a very big Ferrari fan too when Schumi left. Then way they reacted to 2009 season and remarks on Kimi made feel too bad as a Ferrari fan. )

Sorry, but you have to accept this Kimi was good enough against any driver in the grid.

You should not dis-respect someone of his caliber. Even I don`t dis-respect Alonso. ( Yeah, takes lot of guts to do that. )

P.S: Again no hard feelings to any1. I had seen many posts against Kimi in this forum. Just wanted to have my say.

Good Bye Formula 1 at least for next year. :)