Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Kimi Raikkonen be in 2010?

Poll ended at 28 Dec 2009, 21:51

Sabbatical (rallying)
64%
Mercedes
36%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi to Mclaren ?

Post by Sanredrose » 29 Oct 2009, 15:21

phil1993 wrote:Pretty much just another rumour story

It is considered almost bought that Kimi Raikkonen will be much McLaren driver in 2010. However, the conclusion has been reached after long and Abu Dhabi (see Raikkonen go well at McLaren in 2010). But two obstacles must be overcome.

The first and most troubling, is the relationship between McLaren and Mercedes (see: early break between McLaren and Mercedes?). The German manufacturer has assured of his presence until the end of his contract, ie until 2011. In fact, Raikkonen won the Woking team is fully supported by the brand with the star until the end of his contract. Reassuring and for two years ahead of Mercedes's presence in the background of the factory in Woking.

The second question came to the Mercedes engine, which should lose his superb 2010. The Finnish seeking technical guarantees from the manufacturer, guarantees that have been slow to come. McLaren side, his responsiveness during 2009 convinced the world champion's ability to return to the front of the stage.

Side contract, Mercedes-Benz offered the same contract he had proposed to Kimi Raikkonen in 2006 to keep him in 2007 and 2008 McLaren alongside Fernando Alonso. A contract concrete, then two seasons, with guaranteed technical and sporting fairness. What reassure everyone.

The arrival of Kimi Raikkonen at McLaren coincided with an armistice between the two partners (McLaren Mercedes), but also the significant presence of Mercedes-Benz in the transfer of its partners (see McLaren, a line up of Mercedes-dependent) . A relative peace that will result in separation of property in 2011, but by then the presence of 2007 world champion will ensure an investment for the factory in Woking, and enable it to anticipate the future.
+1

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Oct 2009, 18:39

Lolwoops

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 30 Oct 2009, 16:36

LOL :lol: stupid journalists.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 30 Oct 2009, 16:41

The title of the artcile is just wrong: McLaren is Raikkonens only F1 option, but outside F1 Raikkonen has several options, easy as that
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Oct 2009, 18:55

ONLY A CONTRACT THAT PLEASES KIMI WILL GUARANTEE HIS CONTINUANCE IN F1
Turun Sanomat 30.10 2009 00:39:50

In the latest exclusive interview Turun Sanomat had with Kimi Räikkönen he doesn't draw too big lines but let's understand that his will to continue in F1 is as hard as it was when he signed with the now terminated contract with the Italian team for 2010.

At what point are the negotiations with McLaren?
– The contract depends on so many factors. It will be made if I get a contract that pleases me. There are many small things, Räikkönen said.

Are you prepared to make compromises in these negotiations?
– Of course some compromises can be made but it makes no sense to do something you don't have to do. It leads nowhere.

Do these negotiations have some time schedule?
– I don't have any time schedule but of course all the teams have their own time schedule. I am not in a hurry here. There is no shortage of time before something should happen.

You said a while ago in the international press conference that it's McLaren or nothing?
– Yup. It makes no sense to go to another F1-team. I have nothing going on with Toyota even though they say that we negotiate. We haven't talked with them. It's completely their own story.

What about Lewis Hamilton? They say that McLaren has grown around him after your departure?
– Hamilton doesn't have any meaning in this case. These open things have nothing to do with Lewis. For me it's all the same who drives the other car there.

How important part in the negotiations is the freedom to drive rally on your free time?
– I will get that freedom. It's not up to that.

David and Steve Robertson are your managers. How much do they decide for you?
– Whatever I do next year is completely my own decision. Nobody has any influence in it. The Robertson's do what they have to do. In the final games it's me who makes the decision. It just has to be a contract that pleases me. Nothing else matters.

I'm sure you will move on to rally someday. What kind of car would you get from rally for next season?
– I don't know. Of course I would have to learn it but it's good if you have immediately the best car. It's not cool to drive bad cars. The truth still is that wherever I go it takes time before I learn it completely.
– At the moment there are a few top cars in WRC. Two factory teams and they have their own number two cars in the private teams. In principle it's going to change a lot after a year when the 2000's along with a lot of new teams are coming.

What about the talks from Ferrari that you would consider keeping a year off?
– I am going to do something next year for sure. Whatever happens. I have all kinds of options of what I can do. I just don't have the energy to go through them with you until I know what is going to happen here.

What kind of feelings do you have towards Ferrari when the co-operation doesn't end in the way you would have wanted it to end?
– I really don't have any feelings towards them. And I haven't got anything against Ferrari. This just has been a time that I'm sure is great to look back to when I'm old.

What is your relationship with Jean Todt?
– We have a good relationship. He has got nothing to do with me leaving. It was with him I made the contract back in the time. Jean is a great guy - just like most of the others at Ferrari.

The endseason's results have surprised even Ferrari. How much of will to show has there been?
– Well it most certainly has nothing to do with a will to show. We just got the car changed in the way I wanted. We were quite good earlier but the car just wasn't good enough. When it was improved it started to go better.

Your race engineer Andrea Stella said that the car was as competitive in Interlagos as it was in Monaco in the spring.
– Yup. If we would have had more luck we could have even fought for the victory. I don't know if I could have matched Red Bull's speed but we would have come in 2nd at least.

Mark Webber torpeded you off the track on the first lap in Brazil and claimed that you would have done the same in a similar situtation. Would you have drove in front of a competitor in the same way?
– I don't have the energy to argue with anyone. It leads nowhere.

What about the fire on the pitlane? How close was it that you would have jumped out of the car and retired?
- At first I thought to do so but then the fire went out and I saw from the mirrors that it wasn't on fire anymore. It wouldn't have made any sense to stop there. I got some gas in my eyes and it burned for a long time but it didn't matter.

Turun Sanomat, Abu Dhabi
HEIKKI KULTA

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 30 Oct 2009, 19:41

iceman1 wrote: What about the fire on the pitlane? How close was it that you would have jumped out of the car and retired?
- At first I thought to do so but then the fire went out and I saw from the mirrors that it wasn't on fire anymore. It wouldn't have made any sense to stop there. I got some gas in my eyes and it burned for a long time but it didn't matter.
:blink: Ouch.

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 01 Nov 2009, 17:55

Well the count down has begun.

I hope Mclaren take Kimi. They want best driver on the list.

If they don`t get Kimi, it`ll be a loss to F1 and silly loss for Mclaren.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Nov 2009, 20:34

:cool:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 02 Nov 2009, 07:10

iceman1 wrote:Image

Nice picture .. If that is the case, they are going to rule the roost !!

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Nov 2009, 11:30

Sanredrose wrote:

Not sure, depends on Mercedes.. BMW is far less good as the Mercedes..
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 02 Nov 2009, 12:17

Sanredrose wrote:

That is best way to go forward as far as Mclaren is concerned.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 02 Nov 2009, 14:09

WOW! i luv that!!!!! the BEST pic that i've ever seen to date.... :thumbsup: :)

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 02 Nov 2009, 16:39

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 02 Nov 2009, 17:10

Busted! :p

megasyxx