Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Kimi Raikkonen be in 2010?

Poll ended at 28 Dec 2009, 21:51

Sabbatical (rallying)
64%
Mercedes
36%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2009 Kimi's last season or just at Ferrari?

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 01 Oct 2009, 17:47

Oh no ... :S

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Oct 2009, 17:50

I think its McLaren or bust and he'll go to McLarn next year and maybe stay in 2011

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 01 Oct 2009, 17:54

Q: You have seemed to have had ups and downs. Did you always give 100 percent or have there been moments where you lacked motivation?
KR: No, there has never been a lack of motivation. All the stories came from the media - basically you guys. I never had any motivation problems. Sure if you have good results life tends to be easier, but then these things happen.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Oct 2009, 17:58

I think when Kimi goes, a part of F1 will die. Yes, it won't be as big as when Schumi went or when Senna died, but the volume of fans wearing Kimi shirts or sporting Kimi memorabilia was quite phenominal, and only on par with Hamilton (although this is largely due to Spa being the #2 British GP for us British fans).

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 01 Oct 2009, 18:21

kimi finally spoke out.. :(
what can i conclude
its all about money force him to departure
other reason,he lack of leadership, charismatic, not a team player bla bla bla :zz:
He want to drive for them (fully committed),but the team dont want him because of that reasons

Whatever it is,i still believe he will drive for the next season
hope he can get a winning car
And prove to them that he is a worthy champion :thumbsup:

Yeah..part of F1 will die if he gone..coz he carried a brand of 'kimi raikkonen' :cool:
which make him so special

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 01 Oct 2009, 18:44

Why so many sad comments?

Kimi say since near 2007 that if he dont find a team with a good car, he will go in an other racing serie.
Alonso and other great driver thinks like Kimi : they dont want to stay 1 or 2 years in F1 in the middle of the grid.

And Kimi will be on McLaren next year
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 01 Oct 2009, 18:54

Totopupu wrote:Why so many sad comments?

Kimi say since near 2007 that if he dont find a team with a good car, he will go in an other racing serie.
Alonso and other great driver thinks like Kimi : they dont want to stay 1 or 2 years in F1 in the middle of the grid.

And Kimi will be on McLaren next year

Yes I know he`ll be there. I have full faith in Roberstons. They know how to manage Kimi. :shhh:

Jacobss
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Jacobss » 01 Oct 2009, 19:02

I must say, that I'm today very sad. First of all, he's out of Ferrari, second he is still thinking about leaving F1.

I though it would be no so bad if he leaves Ferrari and goes to McLaren, but it's seems he isn't even decided yet if he stay. :confused: And I must say that even if he stays in F1, he will be no WDC anymore. I still believe on lack of motivation, even if he say something different - if driver already before the season say "I don't now what to do" it's means there's no motivation at all. "I will stay, maybe not" - It's ridiculous.

And if he leaves, I don't now if there's a reason for me to watch the next F1 season. Although I'm watching F1 long before Raikkonen, there are no drivers which I like (Hakkinen, Schumi).
Kimi: Always cool and always the Iceman

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 01 Oct 2009, 19:07

I can fully understand you ladies (syafiqa) and guys (sejtur, phil and the others).

I actually had tears in my eyes when Schumi retired. And Suzuka 2006 was one of the sadest days in my life and the emptiness I felt for days after Brazil was really no nice feeling at all.

I hope for us all and especially for you who are his fans that he will stay in F1.

So good luck to him and you and keep your head up! I´m quite optimistic that he will stay in F1.

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 01 Oct 2009, 19:09

Jacobss wrote:I must say, that I'm today very sad. First of all, he's out of Ferrari, second he is still thinking about leaving F1.

I though it would be no so bad if he leaves Ferrari and goes to McLaren, but it's seems he isn't even decided yet if he stay. :confused: And I must say that even if he stays in F1, he will be no WDC anymore. I still believe on lack of motivation, even if he say something different - if driver already before the season say "I don't now what to do" it's means there's no motivation at all. "I will stay, maybe not" - It's ridiculous.

And if he leaves, I don't now if there's a reason for me to watch the next F1 season. Although I'm watching F1 long before Raikkonen, there are no drivers which I like (Hakkinen, Schumi).
Well you have watched how Kimi acts to situations. Thats how he is mate.

I don`t think there is any problem in his motivation.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 01 Oct 2009, 19:16

blizzard wrote:I can fully understand you ladies (syafiqa) and guys (sejtur, phil and the others).

I actually had tears in my eyes when Schumi retired. And Suzuka 2006 was one of the sadest days in my life and the emptiness I felt for days after Brazil was really no nice feeling at all.

I hope for us all and especially for you who are his fans that he will stay in F1.

So good luck to him and you and keep your head up! I´m quite optimistic that he will stay in F1.
I hope he'll get one more WDC with McLaren, after a close and exciting year fighting with Alonso, and then retires and starts a family. He has to go sometime, doesn't he?

When schumi left I was sad also, but he gave us many good moments, so that was good. But for Kimi, I have the feeling he hasn't really proven himself yet to many people. It's still an unfinished chapter for him IMO.

@ Jacobss, what you say about kimi's motivation is not right, because what he said now, he said because he didn't expect to leave Ferrari so soon. He always said this was his last team. Now, he can't go to any "higher" teams in F1, so I at least understand that he thinks about going away.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 01 Oct 2009, 19:27

sejtur wrote:
blizzard wrote:I can fully understand you ladies (syafiqa) and guys (sejtur, phil and the others).

I hope he'll get one more WDC with McLaren, after a close and exciting year fighting with Alonso, and then retires and starts a family. He has to go sometime, doesn't he?

When schumi left I was sad also, but he gave us many good moments, so that was good. But for Kimi, I have the feeling he hasn't really proven himself yet to many people. It's still an unfinished chapter for him IMO.

@ Jacobss, what you say about kimi's motivation is not right, because what he said now, he said because he didn't expect to leave Ferrari so soon. He always said this was his last team. Now, he can't go to any "higher" teams in F1, so I at least understand that he thinks about going away.

I wouldn´t say he hasn´t proven himself. I think that he was one of F1´s brightest stars from 2003 - 2006.
Whenever I think about Kimi in his McLaren days I think of a driver I very much admired. Still absolutely unbelieveable that he didn´t win a championship at McLaren. In terms of pure talent Kimi must be a 3 times world champion by now.

It would be sad, if he was leaving with only that single championship, because he could have had so much more.
It was only because of reliability, to be honest he was better than Schumi and especially Montoya in 2003, but Mercedes let him down. In 2005 he was the very best without a doubt, but Mercedes let him down once again. In 2004 and 2006, McLaren built an average car.

He could have won 2 championships at McLaren, but the very poor reliability cost him.

Hamilton is so lucky, it´s annoying, no technical failure in 3 years, while Kimi had a tech problem in either qualifying or the race almost every 4 weeks in 2003 and 2005.

It´s actually quite bizarre, that he won the championship in 2007, only his third or fourth best season during his career, whereas he didn´t win it when he was brilliant.

Fate is strange at times isn´t it?

Good luck Kimi, wherever you go. :thumbsup:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 01 Oct 2009, 20:13

blizzard wrote:And Suzuka 2006 was one of the sadest days in my life
Off-Topic: show
Indeed. Very indeed. I felt the same when Schumi's comeback was cancelled.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 01 Oct 2009, 20:33

Blizzard, I mean it's far better to go out with a boom than on a low. Schumacher's exit way better because he still was fighting for the WDC. Lost it because of terrible luck in the last races. But to say that Suzuka 2006 was one of my saddest days... no. I wish it was though.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 01 Oct 2009, 21:44

You can chagne the poll a bit IMO, it says 'Stays at Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro' but he doesn't have a contract for 2010..
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at