Michael Schumacher - The Debate

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Do you think he was a cheat?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 20

wendyrosberg
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by wendyrosberg » 03 Feb 2007, 19:36

Oh yes people make mistakes and also the best drivers make mistakes. I absolutely agree with that.
But you absolutely can't convince them that some things that Michael did were just stupid mistakes!!!

When you look to the on board images of the qualifying incident of Monaco last year. You then can see that he steers the car back at first, trying to avoid the wall, and then suddenly he steers back towards the wall! and that's weird! the only mistake he made there was to drive into the wall because then nobody could complain. Then the people couldn't complain about it then it would have been just a mistake.
But now you can see how he tried to steer back towards the wall. He could have slow down more and just steer into the right direction the first time and then he could have it through that corner!

And about the thing that if he would have been cheating in the past he would have said anything about that now. I absolutely don't believe that. I think he would never confess such things, especially not to the media.
Becuase now almost everybody considers him as one of the greatest drivers ever. ut if he would confess that he has been cheating a lot of critics will talk about that. and then he won't be that greatest driver ever anymore.
No we will never know what really happend.

Didn't he said about the monaco accident that it was just a mistake.
Well I'm sorry Michael, but I really really don't believe that. That's really bulls**.

Oh yes Michael has been a class of his own. He was really a fantastic driver. No doubt about that.
But he did some very nasty things. And yes some of them were just stupid mistakes and I can live with that.
But just like Scermat said, he had too many weird stupid mistakes.

And I also absolutely agree with Scermat that Michael had that fantastic team behind him. Becuase Michael wouldn't have won it with a Minardi!
Oh yes he sure would have been able to get that care much better, he probably could have. But it's not only the driver that wins the championship, he has to have a good car to do it.
And yes the difference between the F1 cars are way to big to be able to compare all the drivers in one category. I absolutely agree with that.

vivi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by vivi » 03 Feb 2007, 21:35

I voted for 'No'.. i agree that Schumi can't be a cheat...

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 03 Feb 2007, 21:44

we agree about a lot of things it seems wendyrosberg :D

the monaco "mistake" is no obvious mistake if you look at it closely. i mean he corrects an oversteer before entering a corner and then he corrects another non-existant oversteer. if it really was a geniuine mistake then he couldn't have possibly got the talent to win so many races cuz that's something not even a kart driver would do. you have to give him credit though, for being cleverly creative. :p

remember a similar stunt at silverstone? (2004 QLF1) he faked a ridiculous spin which not even my grandma would do so that he can get out first in 2nd quali session. unfortunately for him, the others just drove their fast laps, and came to a dead stop prior to the start/finish instead of trying to hide it all. imo shows that he's used to doing such things. again ferrari have just as much blame as him, if not more. that's not cheating... but shows you how good he is at being a stunt man. IMHO anyway.

but anyway, the monaco "mistake" is practically neglible compared to other things the schumi-ferrari gang did. i didnt start disliking them because they won races and championships, but when i started reading about how they managed to obtain them.

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 04 Feb 2007, 09:40

well its a close vote on yes and no for this thrend! 7 for no and 6 for yes!

VenezuelanAngel
car driver
car driver

Post by VenezuelanAngel » 09 Feb 2007, 20:23

I voted yes, and for not repeating the same things i agree with wendyrosberg and scermat's opinion

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 10 Feb 2007, 00:58

i think he was a half cheat! sometimes he cheated to get the things he wanted like championships and pole positions! but after in his early days he did cheat a bit so when he did make mistakes people thought it was cheating. :( :D

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 10 Feb 2007, 12:20

Michael is a cheat, that's a fact, you can watch all the videos and telementry and it will prove that [-X
However he also uses some dirty tactics like pushing other drivers off the grass even and not letting them through even though his car is much slower (which is very dangerous) and when the other driver has the correct line...

He is a good driver apart from that...I think he would have been just as successful if he didn't drive like that...and might have even won more WCs...

Oh and the thing I hate about Schumi is that he never admitted that what he did was wrong...liar [-X :^o
mm tofu

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 10 Feb 2007, 13:44

yea your right..... if he didnt cheat he would of been more liked and much a better driver and more raited as the best! theres no doubt about it he is a great driver.... but then u put in his cheating, which makes him a bad driver! i still liked him as a great! even tho he cheated

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 10 Feb 2007, 14:12

Yes he was a good driver, I mean if you ignore his cheating and ditry tricks, then he is an excellent driver, you only have to look at the Interlagos race last season, great drive :D
mm tofu

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 10 Feb 2007, 14:21

oh yes he gave his all in that race.... i really felt sorry for him when fissi tagged him on his back tyre!!! i reckon if it wasnt for that he would of won the race!

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 10 Feb 2007, 18:16

nelmesy16 wrote:oh yes he gave his all in that race.... i really felt sorry for him when fissi tagged him on his back tyre!!! i reckon if it wasnt for that he would of won the race!
probally wouldn't!!
thanks shail69 for the avator!!!

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?P36

SpykerMF1
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by SpykerMF1 » 10 Feb 2007, 21:14

The fact he came from half a lap down on the backmarkers with about 10 laps gone to a points scoring finish(sorry can't remember exactly where he finished off the top of my head) I think he would have, also he made everyone else on the grid look like they were driving boats or something he out performed them by that much

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 11 Feb 2007, 02:03

yea spykerMf1 is 100% right! i agree with him. after he had that troub le and pitted. he was flying! and he did make every1 look like they were driving so slow!