Unfulfilled Breakaway Series Idea and FOTA-FIA War

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: Breakaway Series to be Launched by FOTA

Post by JoostLamers » 19 Jun 2009, 08:20

Man o man! What a shock! Didn't expect this, but on the other side I did. It was a big row what was going on.

By the way, I can see McLaren entering the FIA championship as they were very quiet during this whole process, I mean: you never heard them and Mercedes were trying to solve the problem everytime.. It won't surprise me at all. Anyway a full Cosworth powered grid next year :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 19 Jun 2009, 08:21

AzShadow wrote: I know that there will be problems even if Ferrari & Red Bull would get out of their contracts. It might take several years before everything is running fine but I believe it's worth it in the long run. We need to get back the main purpose of racing again!
Some suggests that they can prepare a car just enough to be "participated" for the lines of law or even not to pass FIA's technical sqrutiny done on Thursdays and not even race!
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 19 Jun 2009, 08:22

Goodbye F1 :wave:

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 19 Jun 2009, 08:35

joostlamers wrote: By the way, I can see McLaren entering the FIA championship as they were very quiet during this whole process, I mean: you never heard them and Mercedes were trying to solve the problem everytime.. It won't surprise me at all. Anyway a full Cosworth powered grid next year :p
What would McLaren benefit from racing against GP3 teams? They're going to concentrate all their main facilities on FOTA series and take Hamilton etc with them so I don't see what's there for them to do in F1 anymore.

Some people still think that the teams would be aiming for a compromise, but it's about power and some very radical changes would have to happen if there were to be a solution. FOTA wants to get rid of Max and Bernie. While FIA could try to save their skin and maybe change their president, I don't see Bernie retiring any time soon. He'll be chasing the teams for millions until his last days.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Jun 2009, 08:46

Adam Parr of Williams (a lawyer himself) Says that the deal that ties the teams to F1 till 2012 is air-tight. Meaning that we may be seeing a series with, McLaren and Ferrari, but no Williams

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 19 Jun 2009, 08:52

AzShadow wrote:
joostlamers wrote: By the way, I can see McLaren entering the FIA championship as they were very quiet during this whole process, I mean: you never heard them and Mercedes were trying to solve the problem everytime.. It won't surprise me at all. Anyway a full Cosworth powered grid next year :p
What would McLaren benefit from racing against GP3 teams? They're going to concentrate all their main facilities on FOTA series and take Hamilton etc with them so I don't see what's there for them to do in F1 anymore.

Some people still think that the teams would be aiming for a compromise, but it's about power and some very radical changes would have to happen if there were to be a solution. FOTA wants to get rid of Max and Bernie. While FIA could try to save their skin and maybe change their president, I don't see Bernie retiring any time soon. He'll be chasing the teams for millions until his last days.
sorry ... its natural he is already 78! ...couple of few more years.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 19 Jun 2009, 08:53

So the deal excludes them from participating in any other series than F1? Then again, Williams hasn't been on top for years and I'm not sure if they'd be missed as much as McLaren or Ferrari.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Jun 2009, 08:58

AzShadow wrote:So the deal excludes them from participating in any other series than F1? Then again, Williams hasn't been on top for years and I'm not sure if they'd be missed as much as McLaren or Ferrari.
Yeah, FI is in the same situation as williams

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 19 Jun 2009, 09:12

Congratulations Mosley... you've killed F1...

Blindkiller
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Blindkiller » 19 Jun 2009, 09:24

Mosley killed F1 star, Mosley killed F1 star!

After joking instead of crying, I can't believe this situation. Is dealing so hard?

Bye F1. I don't want to believe. It's only a nightmare. F*****g Mosley!!!!

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 19 Jun 2009, 09:35

hannibal_rising wrote:Congratulations Mosley... you've killed F1...

yea man you right i dont like the idea of two champs but in the end teams make the championship not the fia

i m still want a light at the end of the tunnel for both...

bot looks so far away :( #Fear
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 19 Jun 2009, 09:38

by the way im with f1zone or fotazone until the end of days..
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 19 Jun 2009, 09:50

Horner: F1 future now in FIA's hands
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76299 wrote: Asked if he really believed a breakaway series would take place if FIA president Max Mosley did not soften his stance, Horner said: "We've no alternative because if we can't race in Formula 1 under the current rules, if you want to keep competing then you've got to look at something else."

Horner also believes that the contracts binding Red Bull Racing and Ferrari to Formula 1 until 2012 may no longer be valid.

"Agreements are private and confidential between the parties, but we do have an agreement similar to Ferrari," he said. "That also relies on rules being introduced in a certain way which hasn't been the case.

"The bottom line is Red Bull want to race against the best teams and best competitors in the world, and the thought of not being in a championship where Ferrari, McLaren, Renault and others, the big major teams, is unattractive to us with all due respect to teams we have never heard of before."
N.Technology withdraws F1 application
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76298 wrote: Italian squad N.Technology has withdrawn its application to enter Formula 1 in 2010, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

N.Technology was one of several teams who were on the reserve list after not being included on the original one released last week by the FIA.

However, AUTOSPORT understands the team has decided to inform Formula 1's ruling body that it has withdrawn its application because the circumstances have changed since it applied and it no longer wants to be involved in a sport without the major manufacturers.

The move comes after the Formula One Teams' Association announced plans for a breakaway championship after failing to reach a compromise deal with the FIA.

N.Technology follows Lola in withdrawing its application this week.
Mosley will have hard time getting any serious teams in F1 anymore. :zz:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 19 Jun 2009, 10:06

I'm a little bit confused about this comment of Nick Fry:
And Fry echoed comments from Red Bull Racing's Christian Horner that it was now up to the FIA to sort the matter out.

"I hope the discussions will continue," he said. "The ball is in Max Mosley's court. I do hope from our point of view discussions can continue.
What ball actually? Didn't they fire all the bridges? I fear that the late night statement by FOTA is another tactical move or bluff or something.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 19 Jun 2009, 10:25

Max Mosley speaking to BBC Sport's interpid pit-lane reporter Holly Samos: "We're going to issue a statement later on."
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO