Unfulfilled Breakaway Series Idea and FOTA-FIA War

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

Re: Breakaway Series to be Launched by FOTA

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 10:39

Zack wrote:Shocked! ...gm

Phil is still :sleep:

F1 is dead so Formula One Team Organizations(FOTA) needs new name :zz:

New series name ...

Formula Racing
Grand Prix Formula Racing
F1 Zone :lol:
Actually at 6.02am I was awake getting ready for school :zz:

but this won't happen, they'll kiss and make up soon...FOTA can't get ready by March

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 19 Jun 2009, 10:41

Ali wrote:I'm a little bit confused about this comment of Nick Fry:
And Fry echoed comments from Red Bull Racing's Christian Horner that it was now up to the FIA to sort the matter out.

"I hope the discussions will continue," he said. "The ball is in Max Mosley's court. I do hope from our point of view discussions can continue.
What ball actually? Didn't they fire all the bridges? I fear that the late night statement by FOTA is another tactical move or bluff or something.
I think Fry has said to much here, according to this statement there still discussing, but there ready to start there own championship.. It's there final threat..
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 19 Jun 2009, 10:42

AzShadow wrote:Mosley will have hard time getting any serious teams in F1 anymore. :zz:
If Mosley really cares about F1 he just have to quit. :<>:

This looks more like a revenge than anything else. I wonder if it is related with Mosley's last year scandal... because he cannot be so stupid to think that people will watch F1 because the rules are made by the FIA.. who cares who makes the rules!! People watch the teams..

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 19 Jun 2009, 10:43

Teams are meeting currently in the Ferrari motorhome, Max will make an announcement later. Loads still to happen today...

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 19 Jun 2009, 10:46

Zack wrote: New series name ...

Formula Racing
Formula Universe ?
Fomula 1000 ?
Formula 0 ?
Formula Webber ? :lol: :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 10:46

I'm so utterly confused. Annoucement will say they will extend the deadline until the Friday of Nurburgring probably and they'll have MORE discussions that will conclude bugger all

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 10:48

Kimster will follow Ferrari out
Spoiler:
Kimi Raikkonen says he will feel some sadness if he is forced to turn his back on Formula 1 next year - but says he will have no second thoughts about following Ferrari to a breakaway championship.

With the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) having announced on Thursday that it is to set up a breakaway series in 2010, it means that many big name stars will stick with their teams out of F1.

Raikkonen said at Silverstone, prior to confirmation of the breakaway plans, that he would be following Ferrari wherever they went.

"For sure the team are going to race somewhere, I have a contract, so I race whatever they are planning to do," said the Finn.

"Of course we all want to be in F1 with a proper F1 as it has been, with good rules, but it is not up to the drivers. There are a lot of things going on, and I am going to race wherever this team is going to be. If F1 then great, but if not then it is going to be something else.

"I would like to be in F1. That is why I came to F1 and why I am still here. It is the biggest racing in the world, with the best drivers and teams. So it will be sad to lose it."

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 10:53

IMO we have 8 teams, and we will get the teams that FIA rejected, such as Prodrive, Lola, Litespeed etc. Lola already have a car OR 8 teams of 3 drivers

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 10:56

Bernie you t***. 'I'm not worried, whats the problem. I've no idea, speak to Max'

milo of croton
kart driver
kart driver

Post by milo of croton » 19 Jun 2009, 10:57

iceman1 wrote:RIP Formula 1

1950 - 2009

"An entertaining sport that was killed off through strangulation by Max Mosley."
The Formula One exists since 1947. The world title will given since 1950.

milo of croton
kart driver
kart driver

Post by milo of croton » 19 Jun 2009, 11:00

Anyway I will watch both racing series. And we have got almost the same problem like the IndyCar had it.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 11:01

hannibal_rising wrote:
AzShadow wrote:Mosley will have hard time getting any serious teams in F1 anymore. :zz:
If Mosley really cares about F1 he just have to quit. :<>:

This looks more like a revenge than anything else. I wonder if it is related with Mosley's last year scandal... because he cannot be so stupid to think that people will watch F1 because the rules are made by the FIA.. who cares who makes the rules!! People watch the teams..
Yes. Why do they think we are stupid? Do they think the fans will watch F1 because its F1. Do they not realise we like the teams and drivers? 100% of fans here would rather watch McLaren, Ferrari racing against each other than Manor battling Campos

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 19 Jun 2009, 11:03

Ali wrote:I'm a little bit confused about this comment of Nick Fry:
And Fry echoed comments from Red Bull Racing's Christian Horner that it was now up to the FIA to sort the matter out.

"I hope the discussions will continue," he said. "The ball is in Max Mosley's court. I do hope from our point of view discussions can continue.
What ball actually? Didn't they fire all the bridges? I fear that the late night statement by FOTA is another tactical move or bluff or something.
Well, considering that Mosley's earlier proposals weren't enough, I don't think anything will change unless Mosley retires. And I don't believe he'd do that himself before his term ends. So it could take another couple of months, that is if FOTA even would bother with F1 anymore. This is a great chance for them to try to pursue changes they've wanted for a long time.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 11:04

Also, new teams don't need help if they're allowed Cossie engines with no rev limits; they'll simply drive by the rest of the teams even if they bring a supermarket trolley

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Jun 2009, 11:06

hannibal_rising wrote:
Zack wrote: New series name ...

Formula Racing
Formula Universe ?
Fomula 1000 ?