2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Driver Line-ups, News and Misc

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Nov 2009, 11:04

Off-Topic: show
I dreamed Schumacher was given the seat :lol:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Nov 2009, 14:12

Thinking about 2009, lots of drivers wins were quite dominant: all of Vettel's were - once he got in the lead he was untouchable, same with Webber when he won. Button's Monaco win was dominant and Hamilton's wins were dominant. We very rarely had scraps for the lead so I hope in 2010 it'll be different. Or at least, we'll have a few guys at the back racing hell to leather for about 23rd place :p It'll be weird if we have a big crash that wipes out a few cars... but still end up with 21 cars remaining... The only problem will be field spread. If a big name driver qualifies last for some reason (say Alonso), they're gonna be the best part of 30 seconds behind after 2 laps. Although this will give us lots of overtaking, as the new teams cars will be slower, but still, it'll be quite an interesting issue.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 28 Nov 2009, 15:35

phil1993 wrote:Thinking about 2009, lots of drivers wins were quite dominant: all of Vettel's were - once he got in the lead he was untouchable, same with Webber when he won. Button's Monaco win was dominant and Hamilton's wins were dominant. We very rarely had scraps for the lead so I hope in 2010 it'll be different. Or at least, we'll have a few guys at the back racing hell to leather for about 23rd place :p It'll be weird if we have a big crash that wipes out a few cars... but still end up with 21 cars remaining... The only problem will be field spread. If a big name driver qualifies last for some reason (say Alonso), they're gonna be the best part of 30 seconds behind after 2 laps. Although this will give us lots of overtaking, as the new teams cars will be slower, but still, it'll be quite an interesting issue.
:thumbsup: :shhh:

imagine, Timo glock becomes a control freak and collides with hamilton whenever lewis qualies in top 3 :zz: ... and button ends up winning the championship :blink:

Cromoseta
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Cromoseta » 28 Nov 2009, 15:57

then button would be better than schumacher. because hamilton beat alonso and alonso beat schumacher.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 29 Nov 2009, 09:01

Also thinking about 2009 and 2010, can people stop talking about Raikkonen as if he he's part of some great injustice!!! He turned down the biggest salary on the grid wanting even more and then buggered off to do rallying. I'll probably get hate mail for this but the guy isn't coming back, and I don't want him to seeing that he got greedy for too much money and was often insipid for Ferrari anyway. Bye bye Kimi, I won't miss you or your fanboys, good luck in rallying.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Nov 2009, 14:50

BMW's Mario Theissen leaves Formula 1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 386215.stm

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Nov 2009, 14:52

No more Ned :(

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 30 Nov 2009, 15:00

Bye Bye Theissen. best of luck in the future :(

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Nov 2009, 15:00

Sauber had better use this livery

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 30 Nov 2009, 16:01

swca92 wrote:Also thinking about 2009 and 2010, can people stop talking about Raikkonen as if he he's part of some great injustice!!! He turned down the biggest salary on the grid wanting even more and then buggered off to do rallying. I'll probably get hate mail for this but the guy isn't coming back, and I don't want him to seeing that he got greedy for too much money and was often insipid for Ferrari anyway. Bye bye Kimi, I won't miss you or your fanboys, good luck in rallying.
AMEN. Thought I was the only one that thinks so... :roll::

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Nov 2009, 18:28

Manor become Virgin, 2010 entry list released
The Manor Grand Prix team will run under the Virgin Racing name in 2010, according to the latest entry list issued by the FIA today.

Richard Branson's company entered Formula 1 as a sponsor of the Brawn team this year, but has long been linked with a larger role with Manor. The FIA document confirms that this will be the case, although an official announcement from Virgin is still awaited.

John Booth's squad will use chassis created by former Simtek and Benetton designer Nick Wirth's Wirth Research company, which designed the Acura LMP cars. Timo Glock has been signed as Virgin's first driver.

The other news confirmed by the FIA's entry list was that Red Bull Racing will continue with Renault engines. The team had been linked with a switch to Mercedes power earlier in the year.

But the entry list did not resolve the issue of the 13th entry. The Sauber team is hoping to get back into the field now that Toyota had pulled out of F1 - having previously committed to the new Concorde Agreement - but the FIA said it could not make an announcement about this situation yet.

"Toyota Motorsport GmbH remains formally bound by the Concorde Agreement to put forward a team for participation, though it has indicated that it will not be in a position to do so," said a statement from the governing body. "An announcement will be made regarding this entry in due course."

Champion team Brawn GP remains listed under its 2009 name on the entry, but the FIA noted that it "has indicated its intention to change its team name to Mercedes Grand Prix prior to the start of the 2010 season" following its purchase by the Germany company.

Code: Select all

No Driver                  Entrant                   Constructor
1  Jenson BUTTON (GB)      VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES McLAREN MERCEDES
2  Lewis HAMILTON (GB)     VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES McLAREN MERCEDES

3  Nico ROSBERG (D)        BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM BRAWN MERCEDES
4  TBA                     BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM BRAWN MERCEDES

5  Sebastian VETTEL (D)    RED BULL RACING           RED BULL RENAULT
6  Mark WEBBER (AUS)       RED BULL RACING           RED BULL RENAULT

7  Felipe MASSA (BR)       SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO FERRARI
8  Fernando ALONSO (E)     SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO FERRARI

9  Rubens BARRICHELLO (BR) AT&T WILLIAMS             WILLIAMS COSWORTH
10 Nico HULKENBERG (D)     AT&T WILLIAMS             WILLIAMS COSWORTH

11 Robert KUBICA (PL)      RENAULT F1 TEAM           RENAULT
12 TBA                     RENAULT F1 TEAM           RENAULT

14 Adrian SUTIL (D)        FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM       FORCE INDIA MERCEDES
15 Vitantonio LIUZZI (I)   FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM       FORCE INDIA MERCEDES

16 Sebastien BUEMI (CH)    SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO       STR FERRARI
17 TBA                     SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO       STR FERRARI

18 TBA                     LOTUS F1 RACING           LOTUS COSWORTH
19 TBA                     LOTUS F1 RACING           LOTUS COSWORTH

20 TBA                     CAMPOS META 1             CAMPOS DALLARA
21 Bruno SENNA (BR)        CAMPOS META 1             CAMPOS DALLARA

22 TBA                     US F1 TEAM                US F1 COSWORTH
23 TBA                     US F1 TEAM                US F1 COSWORTH

24 Timo GLOCK (D)          VIRGIN RACING             VIRGIN COSWORTH
25 TBA                     VIRGIN RACING             VIRGIN COSWORTH

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Nov 2009, 20:15

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fisi & Klien at Sauber, Heidfeld at Mercedes.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Renault rebrand themselves as Nissan, and here's why:

Firstly, Nissan could boost the Japanese markets, and also if Kamui Kobayashi moves to the team, bringing some healthy Panasonic sponsorship, it could be like the new Toyota.
Secondly, and more importantly, they would be trying to disassociate themselves with the Alonso era (hence trying to move away from comparisons with 2005/6) and the Crashgate scandal.
Starting afresh as Nissan could give the team a new start.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 30 Nov 2009, 20:46

phil1993 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Fisi & Klien at Sauber, Heidfeld at Mercedes.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Renault rebrand themselves as Nissan, and here's why:

Firstly, Nissan could boost the Japanese markets, and also if Kamui Kobayashi moves to the team, bringing some healthy Panasonic sponsorship, it could be like the new Toyota.
Secondly, and more importantly, they would be trying to disassociate themselves with the Alonso era (hence trying to move away from comparisons with 2005/6) and the Crashgate scandal.
Starting afresh as Nissan could give the team a new start.
it does make sense. but there has not been any indication about that. so will they do it is the question :confused:

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 30 Nov 2009, 21:54

Virgin have copied what Benetton did by basically buying naming rights to Manor F1, clever as they can give businesses close to them sponsorship deals, and let Manor run the team. Also to the teams out there, give Kamui a drive...