It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 20:12

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 160  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 20:05  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Petrov? Piquet?

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 20:08  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 10:50
Posts: 3936
Country: Belgium (be)
phil1993 wrote:
Petrov? Piquet?

Hmm Petrov needs another year in GP2 imo. And Piquet doesn't deserve the spot. So, De La Rosa please
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 20:21  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Posts: 2441
Location: Enfield, London
Piquet??? No one will hire him, he could have the debt of the British economy as his sponsorship and no one would hire him.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 20:36  
Donator

Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 08:44
Posts: 677
Tom Vandenhove wrote:
Hmm Petrov needs another year in GP2 imo. And Piquet doesn't deserve the spot. So, De La Rosa please

Exactly. I don't know, it's so hard for new drivers to show sth. in F1 today without testing and with the field being so close together. So I really don't blame them, but it seems no matter how "talented" who are as a young driver, even if you're in a midfield car you're ending up nowhere....so all the Piquets, Alguesuaris, di Grassis, Baguettes and even Sennas can not impress or will impress (in the case of Senna IMO) in F1 if the testing ban is not at least loosed in some kind of way.
Thus stop bringing lots of new drivers in for next year and instead give those old guys their last chance to race, especially DLR since he always did a good job replacing Montoya.
Got me? What are you thinking about that? I surely won't offend any fan/supporter of the named young drivers or young drivers in general, but I don't think they add much to F1 if they don't get a chance to prepare themselves through testing.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 07:54  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Noble: Campos has confirmed its deal with Bruno Senna - saying it is an honour to hand the Brazilian his #F1 chance

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 09:50  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Senna in F1 next year
Spoiler:
Campos Meta 1 has said it is an honour to hand Bruno Senna his chance in Formula 1, after finally confirming that it has agreed a deal with the Brazilian.

Senna himself suggested a contract had been signed on his Twitter page on Friday night, but it took Campos until early Saturday morning to confirm the news.

Speaking about the deal, Campos Meta CEO Enrique Rodriguez de Castro said: "For Campos Meta 1, it is an extraordinary honour to be returning the name Senna to Formula 1.

"The deal with Senna confirms and re-enforces our prime objective of being not only the first Spanish Formula 1 team, but rather the first Iberian-American F1 team. The 2014 World Cup, the 2016 Olympics, and three drivers in F1 - it's clear that Brazil is coming up."

Senna himself said about the news: "I'm absolutely delighted to fulfil a lifetime dream. Now it is time to set new targets. The project that Campos Meta 1 developed is designed to succeed both on and off the track."

De Castro also said he was surprised at the speed by which Senna had made it into F1, considering he only made the move to single seaters a few years ago.

"We have followed him closely since his early days in minor series and testified how quickly he developed his speed and skills at GP2 to become one of the most promising up-and-coming drivers of his generation.

"It is astonishing how fast he is entering the F1 scenario after just a few years in motor racing."
Code:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79887

Best news ever to wake up with!

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 10:55  
kart driver

Joined: 30 Jul 2009, 09:14
Posts: 87
will be great to see the great "SEN" in f1 again. love ayrton

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 11:12  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Cromoseta wrote:
will be great to see the great "SEN" in f1 again. love ayrton

Totally agreed :D

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 11:21  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Kovalainen admits unequal treatment at McLaren
Spoiler:
In what might be interpreted as a parting shot, Heikki Kovalainen has suggested that he did not enjoy equal treatment as Lewis Hamilton's McLaren teammate in 2008 and 2009.


The Finn is now linked strongly with a move to Toyota, or possibly Renault, as McLaren weighs up pairing Hamilton next year with Kimi Raikkonen or Jenson Button.

McLaren insists it operates without a driver hierarchy, but Kovalainen, 27, painted a different picture in conversation with the Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat.

"It was always difficult to accept that Lewis was always the first to receive the new parts.

"I have never wanted to make a big deal about it, but it would have been nice to just once had the new parts on my car, particularly after we lost the chance of winning the championship," he said.

"I could have complained publicly but instead wanted to show the team that I always give maximum effort with the car that I have, and I think they realise that."

Kovalainen also alleges that he has not enjoyed equal status in terms of race strategies.

"Every time this season when Hamilton and I are in the third part (Q3) of qualifying, I had to do it with more fuel. If you take into account the quantities of fuel, I would have had pole position several times," he insists.

Kovalainen admits his performances at times this season could have been better, but does not rule out staying at McLaren in 2010.

"I am 100 per cent sure that McLaren has not yet made a decision. We'll see what they do," he said.

Code:
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/15079/900/


Byebye Heikki :wave:

And welcome Quick Nick :wave:

Heidfeld leads run for McLaren seat
Spoiler:
Nick Heidfeld has emerged as the leading candidate to become Lewis Hamilton's McLaren teammate in 2010, according to a leading German newspaper.

Bild-Zeitung claims the 32-year-old "suddenly has the best chance" to replace Heikki Kovalainen, after Kimi Raikkonen and Jenson Button were also touted for the seat.

"Nick's qualities are well known to us, but still nothing is decided," Mercedes competition boss Norbert Haug is quoted as saying.

Bild said his asking price is less than 5 million euros; about half Button's desired retainer, and much lower than the apparently apathetic Raikkonen's lucrative demands.

Retaining his services would also fully appease Mercedes' desire for German drivers, with Nico Rosberg expected to go to Brawn in 2010 with the carmaker's blessing.

With BMW pulling out of F1 and the fate of the Sauber team uncertain, Heidfeld is on the market to extend his career into a tenth season next year.

Having enjoyed Mercedes support through his formative career and acting as McLaren test driver in 1999, he was gutted to have been looked over for the race seat in 2002, when his then Sauber teammate Kimi Raikkonen moved to the British team.

Perhaps coincidentally, Heidfeld walked into the paddock wearing a t-shirt with the words 'The future is not what it once was' printed on the front.
Code:
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/15085/900/

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 14:31  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 10:50
Posts: 3936
Country: Belgium (be)
Fisichella ponders Force India race return
Spoiler:
31 October 2009

Despite being contracted to Ferrari as test and reserve driver for next season, Giancarlo Fisichella still believes that he has a chance of returning to Force India in order to enjoy a race role. The Roman switched from the Silverstone to the Maranello outfit for the final five races of this year but is yet to score a point in red.

After chasing Kimi Räikkönen right to the chequered flag in Belgium, Fisichella became team-mate to the Finn for the next race in Italy. However, with Fernando Alonso joining Ferrari alongside Felipe Massa for 2010 and Fisichella seemingly heading towards retirement from racing, the Italian talked of his Force India race chances in Abu Dhabi.

"After this race we will see what the possibilities are," he explained, having been replaced as team-mate to Adrian Sutil by Vitantonio Liuzzi. "We're just talking about this race at the moment; so far, I'm not thinking of racing with a new team but if there is a good possibility to race with one which has experience from the past then I would prefer to do that."

When asked directly by reporters whether his former team was an option, Giancarlo replied: "Why not? It's open - it could be Force India but there's a lot of teams without drivers at the moment."
Code:
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/10/31/fisichella-ponders-force-india-race-return/
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 14:49  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 15 Mar 2008, 07:11
Posts: 593
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
joostlamers wrote:
Kovalainen admits unequal treatment at McLaren
Spoiler:
In what might be interpreted as a parting shot, Heikki Kovalainen has suggested that he did not enjoy equal treatment as Lewis Hamilton's McLaren teammate in 2008 and 2009.


The Finn is now linked strongly with a move to Toyota, or possibly Renault, as McLaren weighs up pairing Hamilton next year with Kimi Raikkonen or Jenson Button.

McLaren insists it operates without a driver hierarchy, but Kovalainen, 27, painted a different picture in conversation with the Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat.

"It was always difficult to accept that Lewis was always the first to receive the new parts.

"I have never wanted to make a big deal about it, but it would have been nice to just once had the new parts on my car, particularly after we lost the chance of winning the championship," he said.

"I could have complained publicly but instead wanted to show the team that I always give maximum effort with the car that I have, and I think they realise that."

Kovalainen also alleges that he has not enjoyed equal status in terms of race strategies.

"Every time this season when Hamilton and I are in the third part (Q3) of qualifying, I had to do it with more fuel. If you take into account the quantities of fuel, I would have had pole position several times," he insists.

Kovalainen admits his performances at times this season could have been better, but does not rule out staying at McLaren in 2010.

"I am 100 per cent sure that McLaren has not yet made a decision. We'll see what they do," he said.

Code:
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/15079/900/


Byebye Heikki :wave:

And welcome Quick Nick :wave:

Heidfeld leads run for McLaren seat
Spoiler:
Nick Heidfeld has emerged as the leading candidate to become Lewis Hamilton's McLaren teammate in 2010, according to a leading German newspaper.

Bild-Zeitung claims the 32-year-old "suddenly has the best chance" to replace Heikki Kovalainen, after Kimi Raikkonen and Jenson Button were also touted for the seat.

"Nick's qualities are well known to us, but still nothing is decided," Mercedes competition boss Norbert Haug is quoted as saying.

Bild said his asking price is less than 5 million euros; about half Button's desired retainer, and much lower than the apparently apathetic Raikkonen's lucrative demands.

Retaining his services would also fully appease Mercedes' desire for German drivers, with Nico Rosberg expected to go to Brawn in 2010 with the carmaker's blessing.

With BMW pulling out of F1 and the fate of the Sauber team uncertain, Heidfeld is on the market to extend his career into a tenth season next year.

Having enjoyed Mercedes support through his formative career and acting as McLaren test driver in 1999, he was gutted to have been looked over for the race seat in 2002, when his then Sauber teammate Kimi Raikkonen moved to the British team.

Perhaps coincidentally, Heidfeld walked into the paddock wearing a t-shirt with the words 'The future is not what it once was' printed on the front.
Code:
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/15085/900/


Nick better than Kimi?

Not really. :roll::

_________________
Kimi Forever!


http://twitter.com/_amol_joshi
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 14:54  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 24 May 2008, 22:32
Posts: 708
Location: south france
Heidfeld dream ...

Kimi will be on McLaren next year, but, to wait until the announce, newspapers must makes some speculation (like for the teammate of Massa in 2010 : newpapers said Alonso, after Kubica, after Fisi, but maybe a new drivers, and...., but finally, Ferrari announced alonso)

_________________
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 15:01  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
January 2010: 'I am looking forwward to wacing with Vodafone McLawen Mercedes'

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 15:07  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
Quote:
Perhaps coincidentally, Heidfeld walked into the paddock wearing a t-shirt with the words 'The future is not what it once was' printed on the front.


Correction he was wearing a T-shirt with the words "The future is not what it used to be" . :p
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2009, 10:38  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
Ecclestone keen to see Piquet at Campos

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 1654.shtml
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 160  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yandex and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB