It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 12:14

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 160  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 15:12  
F1 Champion

Rosberg confirms last race for Williams
Spoiler:
Nico Rosberg has admitted that the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this Sunday will be his final race with Williams. The German racer is linked to both McLaren and Brawn, but while confirming that he is set to move on, he refused to identify his destination.

"I've been with the team for five years;” the BBC report Rosberg as saying. "They're the only team, I've worked with, [they] have really supported my career over these years and I'd like to say a very big thank you to them.

"There's no reason why they can't be as good as this year, but I'm not sure they can win races at the moment, and I would like to win races,” he continued. “It's been a good season because the team gave me a good car it was an opportunity to raise my share value and to find a winning car for next year.

Rosberg made his grand prix debut with Williams in 2006 on the back of his championship success in GP2. 2009 has been his strongest season to date, with 34.5 points scored ahead of the Abu Dhabi finale. He is expected to join either Brawn Mercedes in place of Rubens Barrichello, or McLaren Mercedes in place of Heikki Kovalainen.

Code:
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/091029115850.shtml

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 20:21  
GP2 Driver

Globo.com confirmed Bruno Senna on Campos F1 in 2010.
Spoiler:
Rough translation:

After months of negotiation, Bruno Senna will make his debut in Formula 1 in 2010. The Brazilian team will race for Campos, also new to the category, and must have as team-mate Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa, McLaren's current reserves.

The news was published on Wednesday by the German magazine Motorsport Magazin "and confirmed by sources at GLOBOESPORTE.COM. The agreement was reached on the night of Sunday and Bruno Senna will not have an obligation to bring their personal sponsorship for the team, as is customary for first-time pilots in smaller teams in Formula 1.

The official announcement of the fields is planned for next week, after the GP of UAE in Abu Dhabi, last race of the 2009 season. The team is based in the Spanish city of Murcia and should have a strong sponsorship of the city government, which plans to invest in the image of tourism in the region.

The chances of an entry as Nelsinho Piquet's team mate Bruno Senna in 2010, as is the desire to Bernie Ecclestone, are very small. Adrian Campos, owner of the team that bears his name, should put Pedro de la Rosa, the Spanish driver to meet local sponsors.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Formula_1/0,,MUL1359926-15011,00-BRUNO+SENNA+FARA+SUA+ESTREIA+NA+F+COMO+PILOTO+DA+CAMPOS+NA+PROXIMA+TEMPORAD.html
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 21:45  
car driver

and i agree it seems clear barrichello n rosberg r swapping
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 22:16  
F1 Driver

Which seems to leave Raikkonen open to McLaren and Timo Glock as the best candidate for Renault, although that is less of a sure thing.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 23:40  
F1 Driver

As long as Cowboyashi gets a seat next year and provides barmy, Sato-esque driving then I'm happy. Also I think the Button to McLaren rumour does have legs, British sponsors would flock to McLaren if we saw that driver lineup.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 07:52  

Seems to me, we're going to get:

Glock → Renault
Kobayashi → Toyota
Rosberg → Brawn
Barrichello → Williams
Raikkonen → McLaren
Trulli → Lotus
Fauzy → Lotus
Senna → Campos
Klien → Qadbak (if they are allowed)
Kovalainen → Manor

So who gets the 2nd Toyota seat?

And:

Williams to use Cosworth engines, announce drivers on Monday

Quote:
Frank Williams has officially confirmed that his team will switch to Cosworth engines next year, as AUTOSPORT revealed earlier this month.

Although the Grove-based outfit has so far kept silent about its engine plans, its move to Cosworth was decided on in the last few weeks after it ended talks it had held with Renault.

And now Williams himself has let the cat out of the bag about its intentions for 2010 after telling the Gulf News paper that his team was making the switch to Cosworth.

"We've finished our contract with Toyota and we've moved on to a British engine manufacturer Cosworth with whom we have won many world championships in the past," he said.

"They are 50 miles away from Williams which is very convenient. Besides we also like our independence. We will be not under the influence, not that Toyota ever bossed around, but we've just gone a private and independent route."

He added: "Our performance needs to improve. We staggered in the second half of the 2009 season. It's fundamental that the car is not fast enough, but from what I've seen we should have been a little more competitive.”

Williams also revealed that the team will confirm its driver plans for next year on Monday, with the team set to confirm Rubens Barrichello and Nico Hulkenberg.

"We will announce our drivers for next season on Monday,” he said. “[Nico Rosberg] will be leaving and we just thought it was quite a long time.

“There are a few things going on at Williams for next season, with our engines, so we thought we can do better. Nico is German and Mercedes need at least one German driver to sit before their engine."

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 07:58  
F1 Driver

phil1993 wrote:
:
Quote:
Nico is German and Mercedes need at least one German driver to sit before their engine."

It's an explicit confirmation Nico will drive either a McLaren or a Brawn.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 08:02  

It'll be a Brawn; Williams will announce Hulk and Barrichello on Monday

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 16:39  
F1 Champion

Besides the rumour Williams will announce their drivers on monday, other rumours in Abu Dhabi are: Glock to Renault and De La Rosa doesn't want to sign for Campos, so they want Bruno Senna

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 16:42  

Senna has signed for Campos apparently, they're just not announcing it yet :O

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 19:09  
F1 Routinier

Senna just confirmed it on his twitter

Quote:
Guys, I'd like to thank you all for the great support! After many weeks of hard work and negotiations, me and my management finally made it!

Quote:
I'm very happy and I'd like to share this moment with you! Now it's time to focus and work hard in preparation for next season!

Quote:

Lots of hard work to come and, hopefully a great starting point! All the best! Valeu!!

Quote:

I'd like to thank God, my family, friends and everybody who supports me for the extra strength given! Thanks!!

Lol, all rumours that looked like a joke in the beginning turned out to be true :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 19:12  

But which team.... We all presume Campos...

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 19:17  
F1 Routinier

phil1993 wrote:
But which team.... We all presume Campos...

Yeah, surely Campos. Believe it or not but here in Belgium it's a sports headline. Which is quite ridiculous because it isn't even confirmed yet
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 20:01  
Donator

joostlamers wrote:
Besides the rumour Williams will announce their drivers on monday, other rumours in Abu Dhabi are: Glock to Renault and De La Rosa doesn't want to sign for Campos, so they want Bruno Senna

Why is that? I was really looking forward to see De La Rosa again, d***! Hope it turns out to be just a rumor at least...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 20:03  
F1 Routinier

MavF1 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:

Why is that? I was really looking forward to see De La Rosa again, d***! Hope it turns out to be just a rumor at least...

Yeah. Senna and De La Rosa would be a good line-up for next year. And I don't see someone else to take the second spot tbh
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 160  Next