It is currently 27 Jul 2017, 22:48

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 160  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 14:12  
F1 Routinier

Sauber team lands Ferrari 2010 engines
Spoiler:
BMW Sauber Team Principal Mario Theissen has revealed that the team will be running Ferrari engines should it be granted an entry to the grid next year. The Hinwil outfit is currently awaiting agreement from all other 2010 teams to be able to enter as a fourteenth entry, therefore boosting the grid to 28 cars.

Before being bought by BMW ahead of the 2006 season, the Sauber team was powered by Ferrari units under Petronas branding. Theissen briefly confirmed that the team will revert to the Italian powerplants should all plans to join the grid be successful.

"It will run a Ferrari powertrain," he said. The German then talked of his own chances of remaining with the squad: "My personal future is fully open and I will keep it open until the end of the season; it would not be helpful to mix up my own situation with all the efforts to secure the future of the team."
Code:
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/09/24/sauber-team-lands-ferrari-2010-engines/
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 15:53  
F1 Routinier

Hamilton and Rosberg discuss reuniting
Spoiler:
World Champion Lewis Hamilton and friend Nico Rosberg enjoyed a spot of friendly banter during Thursday's press conference in Singapore as the duo discussed the possibility of being team-mates next year. The latter is currently linked with moves from Williams to either McLaren or Brawn.

With German Rosberg an attractive proposition to the before mentioned Mercedes-powered teams, Nico contemplated being team partner to a World Champion. "I was team-mates with Lewis in go-karts," he said. "We had a great time at the time, so I would enjoy being team-mates with Lewis again in the future."

"I know that a lot's been said; I don't know what's going to happen but obviously we've got a great relationship," Hamilton continued. "At the moment, I'm very happy with how things are in the team but we will have to see what happens."

"That didn't sound all too positive from Lewis - he isn't too excited!" Rosberg added.
Code:
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/09/24/hamilton-and-rosberg-discuss-reuniting/
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 18:16  
F1 Routinier

During an interview with autosport, Alonso said this :

Q. What uniform will you be wearing next year?

FA: I don't know. That would be a good question to answer and hopefully I will know soon.

Q. How soon?

FA: As soon as possible.

Q. Will the performance of the car in the remaining races of the season influence your decision about where you are driving next year?

FA: No. Nothing.

Q. So what are the factors that will make up your mind?

FA: My mind is already set.

Q. Have you signed a contract?

FA: No.

So, he's still very quiet about his future :lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 16:46  

di Montizemolo just accidentally announced Alonso :p

http://www.tv3.cat/videos/1505649/Lapsus-revelador

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 17:16  
F1 Rookie

phil1993 wrote:
di Montizemolo just accidentally announced Alonso :p

http://www.tv3.cat/videos/1505649/Lapsus-revelador

lol. :lol:

Now really They are acting stupid!

I had some respect for this guys Montizemelo. But really whatever that is coming out of Ferrari management is definitely not what i expected.

So Sad If Kimi leaves Ferrari, I won`t have heart to support them ( Ferrari ) anymore. The one thing which made me support Kimi is acting so stupid that now it`s very very difficult to keep supporting them.

Really Sad but I see Massa and Kimi as the best combination which Ferrari can have.

It feels so stupid when I see Luca still has desire to get MSC back. When Ferrari will have any problem they turn back to MSC. Are we moving forward by having MSC again? Sure it would give Ferrari money. I don`t think Ferrari management can think without being emotional.
Gosh, every time they want MSC to deliver! Sometimes I really wish to scream into Montezemelo`s ears: "C`MON! GROW UP!! YOU CAN`T SURVIVE BY EATING ONLY ONE TYPE OF VEGETABLE EVERY DAY!"

"If you loose a driver: you want MSC back. You want 3 cars: you want MSC back. " I mean WTF! :blink:

And thing with Alonso. I don`t want to criticize him really. Really not. but when I see him in Reno with the great tech staff they have. I mean people want him in Ferrari because he would do so called great work and get the car on the top again.
Well Well Well, If he can`t get that Reno back to where it belongs with great engineers he has, then how would he do it in Ferrari?

Woot Woot! I got that thing out of my mind now.

Flag:## Flag:##

Sorry If I had been critical in my views over Ferrari and Alonso. I still love Ferrari guys, but these events that had happened in this year are really getting on my nerves.

http://twitter.com/_amol_joshi
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 06:24  

Virgin rules out signing Piquet

Quote:
Formula 1 sponsor Virgin has dismissed any suggestion that it could play a part in helping Nelson Piquet back to the sport - after rumours that the Brazilian could be on the shortlist for the new Manor Grand Prix team.

Virgin is set to take title sponsorship of Manor for the start of next season and comments made by team owner John Booth about Piquet were interpreted by some to suggest that the Brazilian could make an F1 comeback with the new team.

However, Alex Tai, the Virgin board member responsible for group sponsorship who is set to become team boss when the lifestyle brand confirms its involvement with Manor, made it clear in Singapore on Friday that his company would never be associated with a driver who had broken the rules.

Speaking to AUTOSPORT in the paddock, Tai said he was not in a position to confirm Virgin's future relationship with Manor – but said that Piquet could never be associated with the brand.

"We will make our plans known after the end of the season," said Tai. "I don't believe it is professional to in any way talk about our plans while we are sponsoring another team this year, namely Brawn - who happen to be leading both championships and who I personally believe will win the championships.

"However, what I can say, is that as a director of the main board of Virgin, I can assure you that we would never have anybody in a team sponsored by us who cheats."

Campos: De La Rosa or Gene will drive for us

Quote:
The new-for-2010 Campos team has said that no drivers will be named until after the end of the current season. With late November pinpointed as a very earliest date for an announcement, Team Principal and former driver Adrian Campos remains chiefly hushed over choices although a Spanish driver is a highly probable option.

With Barcelona's Pedro de la Rosa long since tipped as a Campos pilot for next year, the Team Principal spoke of the team's situation. "We want to have the drivers decided as soon as possible but not before the middle of November," he explained to Autosport.

"It's not easy because the nationalities of the drivers are very important, regarding the repercussions in every country - for the sponsors and many things. There are many things that we have to take care of."

However, Adrian does not hide the fact that current McLaren tester de la Rosa is an obvious option. "He's our first choice," Campos commented of the man who last raced in 2006. "It will be him or Marc Gené but we have to wait and see what happens in the next two or three weeks."

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 10:28  

Swede Niclas "Nic" Jönsson will be the official 3rd and reserve driver for USF1 team next season

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 11:06  
F1 Routinier

Swede ? I'm impressed
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 12:20  
F1 Driver

phil1993 wrote:
Swede Niclas "Nic" Jönsson will be the official 3rd and reserve driver for USF1 team next season

Serious?? He's 42... and a sportscar racer. Doesn't exactly seem a no-brainer to me.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 16:25  

TwistedArmco wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Serious?? He's 42... and a sportscar racer. Doesn't exactly seem a no-brainer to me.

I know, I thought the same but there you go

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 21:36  
F1 Champion

He'll do worse than Luca BAD IMO :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 17:17  
kart driver

phil1993 wrote:

Ehhh? Where did you hear this?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 18:01  

Renault F1's director just said on French TV that they will "regret not having Alonso". You can't make it any clearer than that.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 18:14  
kart driver

phil1993 wrote:
Renault F1's director just said on French TV that they will "regret not having Alonso". You can't make it any clearer than that.

So next year:
Ferrari: Alonso / Massa
McLaren: Hämilton / Räikkönen

This will be awesome !
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 18:48  

Alonso set for Ferrari 2010 move

Well, its been coming and its been confirmed tonight by Domenicalli and Renault BUT not officially

Quote:
Ferrari could announce its 2010 deal with Fernando Alonso as early as next weekend's Japanese Grand Prix, with the Spaniard's move to the Maranello team now all but confirmed.

With lawyers working hard on the last few details of Kimi Raikkonen's release from his contract with Ferrari, a move that will pave the way for the Finn to return to McLaren, the Maranello-based outfit has openly admitted that it wants to announce its line-up as quickly as possible.

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali said at Singapore on Sunday night: "I think that as soon as we are ready we will let you know. We don't want to wait too long."

When asked by AUTOSPORT if that announcement could come as early as Suzuka, Domenicali said: "It is a possibility, but it is not guaranteed."

Neither Ferrari nor Renault are now denying that Alonso is on his way to the Italian outfit, in a deal that has been widely predicted for several months.

Renault's stand-in managing director Jean-Francois Caubet told AUTOSPORT after the Singapore Grand Prix that his outfit would be sad to see Alonso leave after this season.

"I think Fernando will miss Renault and Renault will miss Fernando," he explained.

Once the Ferrari-Alonso announcement is made, Renault is expected to confirm that Polish driver Robert Kubica will lead its team in 2010.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 160  Next