It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 05:48

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 160  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2010, 18:31  

Because that would hinder Paul di Resta...

Chandhok has said that HRT are rotating their drivers and that Klien will race later this year

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2010, 00:01  
car driver

what you thinks guys about this, for me Rosberg is the man.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/07/18/w ... iver-poll/

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2010, 00:31  
F1 Driver

well Vettel cuz he sits in the fastest car - simple
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2010, 11:59  
Co-Admin

Sanredrose wrote:
Chandok is probably guided by the White Knight - Bernie Eccelstone. Imagine this situation - Bernie offers Mallya a better pay off if he employs an Indian driver in his team ! Luzzi's dreams are going to come crashing down.

If Force India is serious about Chandok, why not take him in test driver role and then promote him to the driver's seat ??

I guess Mallya thinks giving Indian Driver seat would reduce the focus Force India gets from homeland ''hmm''

OT: Inside Motorsports World in India Vijay Mallya/Force India don't have any programs to support the growth. Only two pillars we have MRF & JKTyre. JK tyre is currently sponsoring drive for Armaan Ebrahim and is doing well in F2.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 10:16  
F1 Routinier

You probably all heard of the survey among the drivers, voting Hamilton as the least liked driver or something like that?

Signor Turrini had something to say about it - again :lol:

http://club.quotidiano.net/turrini/perc ... i_colleghi

Quote:
Why is Ham disliked (by colleagues)
Published by Leo Turrini Tue, 20/07/2010 - 15:37

I read somewhere some interesting nonsense. I believe it was published by the German 'Bild'. There was, as I already informed you, a survey among colleagues where it emerged that Lewis Hamilton is the most disliked driver.

Ohibò! Oh bella! Perdindirindina!

Having a few years on my back I remember a similar survey twenty years ago. It was 1990. The F1-drivers were asked: which driver is the least sympathetic?

Answer: Ayrton Senna.

For some reason nobody mentioned Katayama senior. Or Romagna Martini.

Having a few years on my back, I remember a similar opinion survey from 2000. The F1-drivers were asked the question: who is the King of Antipathy?

Answer: Michael Schumacher. For some reason nobody mentioned Zonta or Lucianone Burti.

Today, in 2010, they say that Ham is incredibly annoying.

Come on! Are the colleagues sending a message of how good he is, just like Senna and Schumacher in 1990 in 2000? ...

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 14:08  
F1 Routinier

Yeah! This article is probably right. Though i am not a fan of Lewis myself, but being quite an aggressive driver, has caused others to dislike him IMO, and he is unconventional in the sense that he started with a top team and was a championship contender right from the word go. His friction with Alonso (who was already an established driver) didnt hellp him in this case.
Ofc, he crosses the aggressor limit sometimes IMO.
His lying to the stewards too did not help his image

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 19:31  
F1 Champion

Yeah, spot on that article

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 20:04  
F1 Driver

I guess you make a rod for your own back when your good, but having a Pussycat Doll for a girlfriend and being a combative racer on the track won't make you popular. I'm sure the paddock loathed Eddie Irvine for the fact he partied hard off track and on track was invairably in collisions.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 20:26  
F1 Routinier

swca92 wrote:
I guess you make a rod for your own back when your good, but having a Pussycat Doll for a girlfriend and being a combative racer on the track won't make you popular. I'm sure the paddock loathed Eddie Irvine for the fact he partied hard off track and on track was invairably in collisions.

Leo Turrini has high thoughts about Lewis. In his list of 10 best F1-drivers the only names he mentions from this decade are Häkkinen, Schumacher and Hamilton.

One has to admit that Lewis has gone through a lot in F1 and it pleases me to see how he has grown as a human being and also how he has started to learn racing in a different way than before. Not so aggressive anymore but talented, that he is and combined with his mental strenght he might well become the new Schumacher.

Can you imagine any rookie in F1 demanding equal terms when racing with a double champion during his first season?

That alone tells of his strenght and self-confidence and he has survived the mistakes he has made quite well. He bounces back - always :)

And I did not like the guy in 2007 and 2008 but after seeing the change in his personality I cannot but like and admire him.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010, 00:14  
F1 Driver

Zack wrote:
Sanredrose wrote:
Chandok is probably guided by the White Knight - Bernie Eccelstone. Imagine this situation - Bernie offers Mallya a better pay off if he employs an Indian driver in his team ! Luzzi's dreams are going to come crashing down.

If Force India is serious about Chandok, why not take him in test driver role and then promote him to the driver's seat ??

I guess Mallya thinks giving Indian Driver seat would reduce the focus Force India gets from homeland ''hmm''

OT: Inside Motorsports World in India Vijay Mallya/Force India don't have any programs to support the growth. Only two pillars we have MRF & JKTyre. JK tyre is currently sponsoring drive for Armaan Ebrahim and is doing well in F2.

I agree .. Di Resta's presence at Force India isn't going to help, but Chandok is better off trying to keep away from HRT rather than drive for them.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010, 11:27  
GP2 Driver

I think Chandhok is a good driver. Not a possible world champion, but a wothy F1 competetor. For sure he's the best India's got on this moment. So I think it's likely he'll be driving for Force India.

But indeed, I think Di Resta is in the better position to be driving for that team. Especially if Tonio Liuzzi doensn't improve.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010, 13:21  
car driver

Agreed R.?. I think Sutil will move to a better team in the near future, and Di Resta and Chandhok will drive for FI. Unless Tonio improves majorly!

'98 Spa- my first race, never missed one since!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2010, 22:00  
F1 Driver

mememe wrote:
Agreed R.?. I think Sutil will move to a better team in the near future, and Di Resta and Chandhok will drive for FI. Unless Tonio improves majorly!

Sutil doesn't have any substantial accomplishment in Force India to move on. Fisichella came close to winning a GP for Force India. Sutil doesn't have that ...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2010, 22:28  
F1 Driver

hey we havent raced in Spa and Monza yet - who knows what will happen there
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2010, 23:41  
F1 Driver

alex1369 wrote:
hey we havent raced in Spa and Monza yet - who knows what will happen there

Agreed - Spa is where the Force India became so strong and occupied P1 ... Let's wait for Spa and decide. It would be nice to mix the top of the grid with Force India ...
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 160  Next