2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Post by R.? » 10 Jul 2010, 22:46

Yes it is. A driver should be driving, because he's got skills. Not because he's got money.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 11 Jul 2010, 08:34

phil1993 wrote:HRT have confirmed that Sakon Yamamoto will be given an opportunity this weekend but Bruno Senna will be back in the car for Hockenheim and will finish the season with the team

I doubt that will happen, I'm sure Yamamoto will be driving at Hockenheim. Not sure which driver they'll drop mind.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 11 Jul 2010, 10:42

Sad. I thibk both Senna and Chandhok are good enough to be in F1. Yamamoto is not. But on the other hand, I understand the team needs the money. But having said that, drivers being replaced during the season, because of money, always occured in teams where Colles was in charge. Like at Spyker and Midland. I think that for team stability and development of the car, it's not good to replace a driver with another rookie. Especially in these days where testing is banned.

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 13 Jul 2010, 12:55

some good news from RB (unless they are trying to make a situation better than it is)

Horner added that both Webber and Vettel were in good spirits and had been singing together at the team's post-race party on Sunday.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 14 Jul 2010, 14:50

Denorth wrote:some good news from RB (unless they are trying to make a situation better than it is)

Horner added that both Webber and Vettel were in good spirits and had been singing together at the team's post-race party on Sunday.

Firstly, I doubt Horner would say something negative, secondly there is no proof of this and thirdly, I am told that alcohol helps.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 14 Jul 2010, 16:17

Teambosses keep saying these things. That their drivers are the best of friends. And in front of the camera's it might look that way, but in the ultra competetive world that F1 is, I think it's hard for teammates to be good friends. But Horner probably says it to make sure the press stops writing about their tentions. I remember Ron Dennis telling the press how Lewis and Fernando were playing the Playstation togetherr and playing cards. This was at the end of the season, with tentions growing high.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Jul 2010, 12:54

F1 teams agree to tweak testing rules
Formula 1 teams have agreed a tweak to the sport's testing regulations to prevent anyone gaining a benefit from using 'filming days' to try out new parts, AUTOSPORT has learned.

The strict in-season testing ban means outfits are not meant to try out new parts away from a grand prix weekend.

However, some teams - including Mercedes GP with its new engine cover design and Ferrari with its blown diffuser - have this year managed to complete some limiting testing under the guise of a 'filming' day.

Those runs caused some concern among rival outfits, and teams have spent the last few weeks trying to tidy up the regulations.

Sources have revealed that at last week's British Grand Prix teams got together to sign off a new testing agreement that will prevent teams from exploiting filming days.

AUTOSPORT understands that with immediate effect, teams will be banned during filming days from running any parts that have not been raced before.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh confirmed the changes had taken place, and was pleased that everyone was now in agreement about what was and was not allowed.

"I personally did not feel there was any ambiguity, but others argued that there was," he said. "But that is pressure, and when people are under pressure they try and take a different view.

"It is now clear that, if you are doing a demo run, then you must use components that have been raced before - and it has to be a legitimate demo run."

Although the filming loophole was still open ahead of Silverstone, Whitmarsh revealed that he ruled out his team making use of it for its new blown diffuser, despite some pressure from team members.

"The engineers here said others have done it, why can't we?" he said. "My view, as someone trying to hold FOTA together, was that I felt we could not take that advantage."

wasiF1
car driver
car driver

Singapore GP poster

Post by wasiF1 » 16 Jul 2010, 09:00

Probably one of the best F1 poster

http://twitpic.com/25j7ij

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 16 Jul 2010, 15:11

Stuck: Red Bull should sack Horner & Marko

Crash.net wrote:Former F1 star Hans-Joachim Stuck has hit out at the 'absolute outrage' that prevailed at Red Bull Racing over the weekend of the British Grand Prix, and claims Dietrich Mateschitz should seize the bull by the horns as it were and replace both Christian Horner and Dr. Helmut Marko with Scuderia Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost.

Prior to qualifying at Silverstone – the tenth round of the F1 2010 World Championship campaign – the developmental front wing on Mark Webber's car was removed to instead be fitted onto the sister RB6 of team-mate Sebastian Vettel, with the rationale being that the young German should be favoured by dint of his more advantageous position in the title standings.

However, the move prompted the angry Australian to make his feelings very clear after dominating the race the following day by sarcastically quipping over the pit-to-car radio on the slowing-down lap that his performance had been 'not bad for a number two driver', and subsequently telling the world's media that he 'would never have signed a contract again for next year if I believed that was the way it was going to be going forward'.

That was the catalyst for a furore at Red Bull in which team principal Christian Horner – whose decision it was to swap the wing over – has been widely vilified as the villain of the piece.

As another victim of the PR disaster that ensued, Vettel, likewise, has not come out of the episode with his reputation greatly enhanced for holding his tongue for several days before finally breaking his silence to argue that 'such things do not belong in the public' and contending that he was 'brought up to show respect' – with the inference being that in electing to wash his dirty laundry in public rather than discussing the fall-out in private, that is precisely what his team-mate had not done.

Stuck, though, believes the incident bears all the hallmarks of the energy drinks-backed outfit's divisive motorsport consultant Marko – and he advised Red Bull magnate Mateschitz to ditch the controversial Austrian and his 'puppet' Horner in favour of Tost, who himself has something of a 'trigger-happy' reputation when it comes to pressing the driver ejector-seat button, as the likes of Scott Speed, Vitantonio Liuzzi and Sébastian Bourdais can doubtless attest.

“What the team management did in Britain was an absolute outrage,” the man who is now Volkswagen's motorsport representative wrote in his refreshingly outspoken column for the TZ newspaper. “Whoever decided to take the new wing away from Webber qualified for his final pension.

“Christian Horner is just a puppet – the strings for Red Bull boss Dietrich Mateschitz are pulled solely by Marko. Mateschitz must respond by putting in a new man at Red Bull; Tost is in every respect one of the best managers in F1.”

Both Horner and Marko were openly critical of Webber in the wake of the infamous Turkish Grand Prix coming-together in Istanbul in late May, despite the vast majority of paddock observers holding Vettel squarely accountable for the clash. Marko has also raised eyebrows by declaring that he would like to see the New South Wales native replaced at RBR in 2012 by current STR ace Sébastian Buemi.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Singapore GP poster

Post by alex1369 » 16 Jul 2010, 15:19

wasiF1 wrote:Probably one of the best F1 poster

http://twitpic.com/25j7ij

its really cool :cool: , not bad at all

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 16 Jul 2010, 16:44

Yamamoto replaces Chandhok for Hockenheim

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85314

Why don't they admit its for the money!

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 16 Jul 2010, 16:52

swca92 wrote:I doubt that will happen, I'm sure Yamamoto will be driving at Hockenheim. Not sure which driver they'll drop mind.

I said that 5 days ago. Maybe I'm psychic...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 16 Jul 2010, 16:54

This is just to get Chandhok to pay more money. HRT need the cash.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Jul 2010, 17:20

phil1993 wrote:This is just to get Chandhok to pay more money. HRT need the cash.

Maybe another wrong email? :lol:

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 16 Jul 2010, 17:43

phil1993 wrote:This is just to get Chandhok to pay more money. HRT need the cash.

Or to get some Japanese sponsors.